Aeroxcraft gopro gimbal HORRIBLE

Rehost

Can someone help me smooth this thing out?? I am using Hitec HS 65hb servos with no BEC. Direct to Naza.

When I tilt, the servos seem to bind yet the axis is smooth. The binding creates a jumping effect.

I searched everywhere and I can't get a definite answer how to fix the problem.

Which Savox servos to use
BEC or no BEC?
Did I just waste 170$?

Thanks!
Dan

hexa

If the gimbal is a direct drive to servo no mater what servo use even ones made from gold dust you will never get rid of the jerky ness. You need a gimbal that uses belts connected from servo to pulley. Eg photohigher av130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowley

Rehost, The gimbal is what it is and will only do what the stabilizer tells it to with a performance dictated by the servo's
I have been getting some acceptable video test results with my extended CM130 point and shoot version. I upgraded the roll servo to savox and use HoverflyPro for stabilization.
The Achilles heel of this little gimbal is where the camera tray assy meets the roll axis shaft, you should upgrade the grub screws (set screws) to harder ones and threadlock them in.
You wont get smooth gimbal stab with Naza, and your servos's will need 6V rom a BEC to work fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had an AXC GoPro gimbal which I used for quite some time until I moved up to his VTR-125 NEX gimbal. I never had any troubles with it. Of course, I didn't really expect it to walk on water either. For what it is, it was a great little bit of kit.

I used the Futaba servos on mine....I make no predictions on the suitability of the Hitecs.

Definitely use a BEC....connecting direct to a WKM or Naza is playing russian roulette. The Castle BEC worked great for me.

....sT

abonto

Can someone help me smooth this thing out?? I am using Hitec HS 65hb servos with no BEC. Direct to Naza.

When I tilt, the servos seem to bind yet the axis is smooth. The binding creates a jumping effect.

I searched everywhere and I can't get a definite answer how to fix the problem.

Which Savox servos to use
BEC or no BEC?
Did I just waste 170$?

Thanks!
Dan

I have this same exact problem with my SAVOX 1258TG...and I'm not sure what to do with it. :-( The movement is rough and quite ugly, I'm thinking of just returning it.

Rehost

I feel like I got ripped off...doesn't AXC test these damn things before???

I think I will wait until investing on small "band aids" to fix the gimbal.

Do you require the Castle link to bring it up to 6 volts? Or do you leave it at 5?

Ok so the servos don't help. Now I'm really pissed.

Thanks guys I appreciate your help,
Dan

Kilby

I feel like I got ripped off...doesn't AXC test these damn things before???

I think I will wait until investing on small "band aids" to fix the gimbal.

Do you require the Castle link to bring it up to 6 volts? Or do you leave it at 5?

Ok so the servos don't help. Now I'm really pissed.

Thanks guys I appreciate your help,
Dan

This is a classic example of doing your homework before you click the buy button. A direct drive gimbal being stabilized by the Naza will simply not do what you expect it to do. Further more, flying it without a BEC is very risky, and you run the chance of having it drop like a rock.

I assume you are trying to get smooth video from this and that is why you are not happy. The first step to smooth video is to practice flying as smoothly as possible. Don't rely on the gimbal to correct faults that start at the controller sticks.

Another way you can smooth it out a bit more is to use something other than the Naza to stabilize the gimbal. Hoverfly makes a nice gimbal controller, and I've even seen people get decent results from the much cheaper multiWii board. This will probably have the biggest impact.

At the end of the day, you are never going to get zenmuse like video from a direct drive servo driven gimbal. There is a whole new world of gimbals that are about to be released though if that is what you are looking for. Instead of the $3,500 price tag for the zen, you can get one for the GoPro for around $500.

Good luck!

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
The NAZA is a horrible gimbal controller...Period...Direct drive servos will always be herky...belts and pulleys help to eliminate that. You have received the best advice out there...bet a Gimbal Controller and if you can be patient....Kilby has mentioned the Brushless Gimbal that is about to be released. It is direct drive with brushless rewound motors and is driven by a new controller developed by ALEXNOS. FPVModels is taking pre-orders for them now at around 370.00 US.

http://www.fpvmodel.com/SBGC.html

Rehost

I hear you guys

Research I did, trust me. But there's so many different opinions you almost have to try it for yourself as I did, and find out it sucks (as I did). LOL

I've been following the gimbal from FPV Labs and it looks awesome. However it might also be one of those "paid 400$ and got crap" kind of deals.

Can we compare the zenmuse to the brushless gimbals?

Dan

Rehost

Little question

If you had to choose between the AXC VTR-GP or the YUN-1 brushless gimbal. Which would be best?

Thanks again :)

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Looks like a good gimbal...but it is going to be hard for ANY belt/pulley system to compete with the brushless gimbal.....period...!