Aerial MOB arm extensions for dji based frames

kloner

Aerial DP
we had tried doing that but with the aggresive builds we encountered passing these around to industry insiders made us realize stiff was better than portable at least on the first version. That has been kicked around, i've seen 5 versions of pivoting booms and so far nothing struck me as relibale with such a size gain, but was thinking maybee doing it as a stock arm replacement option and we would have them as accesories so people can do that if they wish. the rigidity of these in the frame makes it grow up into a real professional filming platform with minimal yaw wag, minimal jello, maximum performance increase.

im kinda anxious to see what these do to a 450 or 550 stock frame theres a few coming that we sold them to

kloner

Aerial DP
now can you see the arms? hmmmm, i'll keep trying

i.php

Praying Mantra

So a quick question,
after replacing the 550 arms, what is the best distance to position the arms as, and you may need to correct my understanding, that the carbon arms need to be trimed?

cheers

kloner

Aerial DP
just depends on what size props you are going to run. You could leave them full length but if your running 9-10 " props you can cut them down to 8.5" long each to maintain a stock feel, leave them long it will be sluggish..... If for some reason you change your mind later, booms are generally cheap to get and replace... $4 ea... hobbyking.... 11-12" props 10" boom is a good choice....

fltundra

just depends on what size props you are going to run. You could leave them full length but if your running 9-10 " props you can cut them down to 8.5" long each to maintain a stock feel, leave them long it will be sluggish..... If for some reason you change your mind later, booms are generally cheap to get and replace... $4 ea... hobbyking.... 11-12" props 10" boom is a good choice....
Hey Kloner,
Is it possible to use 16' props with you hexa kit with dji 550 plates? And can you tell me total weight of each arm with hardware?

kloner

Aerial DP
our arms are 72 grams and swing 15" props, stock arms are 53 grams and fit 10"

that is a great question, we have built one but it had 12" props and i never looked further. Since a disco is a quad with the side arms closest and 15" being a max, i gotta imagine that would be a negative. This makes your hex an 800....

just because they were sitting here i measured one of our arms with a 4014XF kde direct comes in at 287 grams

fltundra

our arms are 72 grams and swing 15" props, stock arms are 53 grams and fit 10"

that is a great question, we have built one but it had 12" props and i never looked further. Since a disco is a quad with the side arms closest and 15" being a max, i gotta imagine that would be a negative. This makes your hex an 800....

just because they were sitting here i measured one of our arms with a 4014XF kde direct comes in at 287 grams

Cool, thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
right now all the v.1 kits are gone. v1.5 is here in 2 weeks,,,,, difference is less fiber fill in the plastic = less brittle, the way the tube is retained in the plastic is a lot more positive. v2 is 6 weeks out, they fit larger motors, have registration on both ends to make them "self align" These required all new molds so they are a little ways out....

fltundra

right now all the v.1 kits are gone. v1.5 is here in 2 weeks,,,,, difference is less fiber fill in the plastic = less brittle, the way the tube is retained in the plastic is a lot more positive. v2 is 6 weeks out, they fit larger motors, have registration on both ends to make them "self align" These required all new molds so they are a little ways out....
I was thinking of getting the hexa kit, but should i wait?

fltundra

So i guess your saying they will have the Hexa kit? I was going to purchase the last one on your site, two weeks will put me behind with with I'm trying to do.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes he will....

Let me find out if i can get my hands on that last hex kit and mod it to v1.5 standards.... if not, get something else to make your deadline..... I'll be back