Aerial FPV HDMI to AV Analog Signal Converter for SONY Nex5 Nex7

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i haven't received mine either. not that it matters as I won't be able to use it.

sleepy, maybe we can order two NEX 5's from a country that sells the PAL version?

janoots2

I got mine from oversky.com and just sent it back for a replacement. I was going to ask for a refund, but his "engineer" assured me it would work on my camera pictured in my previous post (60i Nex5n). I told him to test it to make sure it works and send it to me which he agreed to. I hope I am not too trusting, I just really want this thing to work because it's a great solution. I'll probably get the replacement to test in another 4 weeks...

Bartman

I got mine from oversky.com and just sent it back for a replacement. I was going to ask for a refund, but his "engineer" assured me it would work on my camera pictured in my previous post (60i Nex5n). I told him to test it to make sure it works and send it to me which he agreed to. I hope I am not too trusting, I just really want this thing to work because it's a great solution. I'll probably get the replacement to test in another 4 weeks...

our advertiser RCshutter.com is also carrying them now and their description states that you need a PAL monitor not necessarily a PAL camera. i'm not fluent in the whole NTSC vs. PAL thing but I'm wondering if it might work with what I've got. I guess I'm going to find out

Bart

janoots2

Hey Bart - any success with the rcshutter version? I don't have my replacement yet from oversky to test, still waiting...

Bartman

got it last week, am trying to get to it this morning, mine is from Fred

kids are home for their winter break and we're trying to get the house on the market (been working on it all f'in year!) Jan 1, will see how much i can get done!

Fred ou

hobbytoys77.com
This model only use on N5/N7 PAL camera,only Support PAL monitor
our advertiser RCshutter.com is also carrying them now and their description states that you need a PAL monitor not necessarily a PAL camera. i'm not fluent in the whole NTSC vs. PAL thing but I'm wondering if it might work with what I've got. I guess I'm going to find out

Bart

Fred ou

hobbytoys77.com
Just America using the NTSC system, not other countries?

Research and development of NTSC Application module need to invest a lot of money and energy

Bartman

google it....i don't think you designed it in the first place though, did you? a lot of companies are selling them now.

janoots2

Just America using the NTSC system, not other countries?

Research and development of NTSC Application module need to invest a lot of money and energy

Yeah...American film industry NTSC products probably aren't an opportunity for profit anyway...

roughrider

This does NOT fit on the Nex 7

Tested on NEX 7 camera?

I bought this a while back and can say that it does NOT FIT ON THE NEX 7 regardless of what it says on the webbsite. The hdmi port is on the upper part of the camera and is turned the other way which makes the strapholder get in the way and you can't insert it. I have commented this on Hobbytoys77 several times in the comment system but it keeps getting removed. :upset:

Fred ou

hobbytoys77.com
View attachment 15449 must remove the chain
I bought this a while back and can say that it does NOT FIT ON THE NEX 7 regardless of what it says on the webbsite. The hdmi port is on the upper part of the camera and is turned the other way which makes the strapholder get in the way and you can't insert it. I have commented this on Hobbytoys77 several times in the comment system but it keeps getting removed. :upset:

Attachments

• QQ截图20140104214923.jpg
    QQ截图20140104214923.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 311

Bartman

i might try a pair of diagonal cutters on that little chain lug....but then again if it's an NTSC camera then the converter won't work anyway.

Fred, I'd like to send mine back for a refund, please post your mailing address. Thanks.

roughrider

i might try a pair of diagonal cutters on that little chain lug....but then again if it's an NTSC camera then the converter won't work anyway.

Fred, I'd like to send mine back for a refund, please post your mailing address. Thanks.
First of all, that would make the camera unsellable in the future and if you cut it, the nut on the inside will fall into the electronics causing who knows what havoc on a relatively expensive camera.
There is a reason almost all the sites selling the exact same converter say it's for the nex5 only.

Bartman

First of all, that would make the camera unsellable in the future and if you cut it, the nut on the inside will fall into the electronics causing who knows what havoc on a relatively expensive camera.
There is a reason almost all the sites selling the exact same converter say it's for the nex5 only.

when i'm flying a camera i figure it might die in a crash before i'd like to resell it so I do what I have to do to get good aerial photos with them. if you think you might want to sell it then cutting it up would probably be a bad idea, you're right on that. opening it up though to get that piece out probably isn't a big project. i opened up my NEX5 to wire a shutter release and that was easy and mostly painless.