A nice motor for a great price

Macsgrafs

For those of you who want heavy lift here is something a touch lighter but the same specs as the AXI 2820/14 goldline motor. It's the Emax GT 2820/07, which can be purchased from robotbirds, www.robotbirds.com
the main man is called Andy & he's very helpful & even does special prices if you buy a few more than needed.

View attachment 330

Here's the specs on the 2820/07:-
http://robotbirds.co.uk/catalog/images/emaxgt.htm

this should lift any heavy weight octo's quite nicely at 1/3rd the price of AXI motors.

Ross

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited by a moderator:

CopterCam

Ross,
Impressive looking motor and well speced for the money. I take it you are going Octo. ? Which FCB are you going with ?

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Not wanting to wee on anyones bonfire here but I had emax on my quad.. they lasted about 5 hours flight time before the bearings gave up, granted they were not the from the GT range but I still payed 20 quid each for them and they were by no means over loaded with what I was using them for... saying that they did take quite a few hits from crashes!

Macsgrafs

Ross,
Impressive looking motor and well speced for the money. I take it you are going Octo. ? Which FCB are you going with ?

Sid

Still not sure on the FC board...was thinking MK or ardupirate? Did consider H/F pro, but a few on other forums have had bad experiences with them :(

Not wanting to wee on anyones bonfire here but I had emax on my quad.. they lasted about 5 hours flight time before the bearings gave up, granted they were not the from the GT range but I still payed 20 quid each for them and they were by no means over loaded with what I was using them for... saying that they did take quite a few hits from crashes!

Now I'm worried :( hope the GT's last longer than 5 hours, hence why I got 10 incase of failures. I can always upgrade the bearings if needed, I dont expect miracles for £21 each, but saying that my Turnigy motors have served me well in my 63" span zlin 50l.