5.16 official release

Kilby

At that point, you will simply have to hold on to your older hardware with the correct firmware if you want to avoid it.

It will remain a user configuration unless a regulation states otherwise, then it will be hard coded in specific units for the specific applications. This is all driven by regulation, not for the fun of DJI

HEX junky

Sorry, you miss my point. There would be the normal version for everyone and a locked distance one for professional users....but only if the regulations demanded this!

Hopefully, the REGULATIONS will continue to allow users to set the distance themselves according to the requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbdww

DJI will have to keep it user configurable if they want to stay competitive. If they have to fix it, then they will need to make a unit for each country. If they are not forced to have the equipment test by something similar to UL, then they will not force it on you as people will just go use other products, and or create there own using open source.

apeman88

FAA have a height limit of 400ft for all none FAA flight worthy certified crafts including models and ultra lights. Above 400ft is where full scale can fly and they can't go below 400ft unless within 4 miles of an airport for landings and take offs. There are some exceptions to this such as helicopters and LE use (full scale)... but for most part, this is the rule in the US and I believe everywhere else using FAA guidelines. FAA is in the process of setting up regulations for UAV for commercial and LE use and AMA is also doing so for hobby use. So far, for FAA commercial and LE, using COA for testing purpose, it is line of sight only, 25lb max and below 400 feet and daylight only. These regulations will not be set until 2015 so things will change.

Ken

HEX junky

nytram
i think you will find you are wrong! There's a little more to it than that, you need to read the BMFA handbook for model use and the CAA requirements if you are making any kind of finacial gain. There must be a lot of MR flyers out there that don't now the regulations / recommendations and with no insurance cover!!!

Dewster

So anyone tried out the new firmware yet?
I did a hover test indoors and didn't see any change in performance (Attitude mode). I will test it outside today. Hopefully I won't have issues like the last time I tested carbon fiber props. My new props resulted in a costly crash.

I have a Y6 and the new firmware states that it's able to recover from loss of a motor. Hopefully I won't have to test that feature. I'll post after my outdoor test.

VINHEX

Updated.. Did same flew inside seems stable. External flight tomorrow will update video tomorrow. Set gains as recommended, going to be very interesting....

I have been flying an AD4 with the latest firmware for the past couple of days and the only thing I found was that my basic gains, pitch & roll came down a bit and my vertical went up by 10 which is no problem. All RTH, POI Home lock etc all work fine. So all good so far. Have yet to try the height setting.

:tennis:

Like it LOL. I must try fpv it must look great from up there. I think i would need to be sitting down :tennis: I wonder what happens if you set the height limit to less than the normal 20m RTH height? Just a daft thought...
Locked height to 300 ft only because underwear can take that much at the mo with fpv lol

VINHEX

O pants I'm going to have to try that lock it down to 1.5 metres and go large in an underground car park.. Wait! I'm going to try that!

I upgrade to 5.16 on my f550 for testing.. Started everything at 100 for testing.. this is what I have so far:

120, 120, 110, 90
90, 90

When I take off in GPS, feels like I am balancing a top. one side goes up quite high before the other starts up..

Any suggestions?

KS

VINHEX

Must admit when flying indoors mate and I did say that we thought some props are not spinning as fast as others strange!!!

jbdww

FAA have a height limit of 400ft for all none FAA flight worthy certified crafts including models and ultra lights. Above 400ft is where full scale can fly and they can't go below 400ft unless within 4 miles of an airport for landings and take offs. There are some exceptions to this such as helicopters and LE use (full scale)... but for most part, this is the rule in the US and I believe everywhere else using FAA guidelines. FAA is in the process of setting up regulations for UAV for commercial and LE use and AMA is also doing so for hobby use. So far, for FAA commercial and LE, using COA for testing purpose, it is line of sight only, 25lb max and below 400 feet and daylight only. These regulations will not be set until 2015 so things will change.

Ken

The FAA has it 400 feet with in 10 miles of the airport. Also it is limited to 55lbs. We can also fly at night with night lights. We follow the AMA rules.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/documents.aspx

Dewster

I did a short flight outside today in the windy cold. My Y6 under 5.16 flew pretty good. It flew better than the 5.14 update. Normally I would get a few white lights when I flew in windy conditions like today. I didn't see any. I flew in GPS and Intelligent Orientation Control without issue. I'm also using the "Old" GPS/Compass (the one with the black rims).

I kept the same gains that I had and most of the settings were 10 below what DJI recommends, but I have 11 inch Graupners.

I will keep updating.

VINHEX

Doing the same today.. I'm running gains at 20 below recommended so will see what happens..

Vin
DJI F550
DJI WKM
DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz
3s 3300
3s 5000
Aeroxcraft Landing Gear
Graupner 10x5 e-Props
Spektrum DX8
AR8000 Receiver
TM1000
Fatshark Attitude SD