5.14a Update

Kilby

Just saw this on the DJI site.

What’s changed?
 Modify the Fail-safe mode: there is no intelligent go-home, and the input range of altitude go-home is 20m~300m.
 Adjust the aircraft landing speed during go-home, the higher the altitude, the faster the decline.
 Enhance the logical judgment for quitting from fail-safe mode.
 Attitude is controllable when one power output of X6 multi-motor is failed in Atti. Mode and GPS Atti. Mode.

I wonder what "Enhance the logical judgement for quitting from fail-safe mode" means? Perhaps you don't have to switch back to manual any more to regain control, just atti?

-Terry

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ill give it a whirl on my F450. Just wish they would get some one to anglicise the descriptions before posting, save us guessing what they mean!

Kilby

You never know, this might actually be better. It looks like they removed somethings, which in my book, can be a good thing. No more intelligent go home.

Tahoe Ed

I am going to do my S800. Unfortunately no flying this weekend, my daughter's wedding. No, I am not doing the aerial filming. My job is walking her down the isle and nothing else.

DennyR

I think it was that part of the code that had a bug. Only guessing though. For sure 5.10 had one in that area. Once initiated it could not be cancelled. It also had a habit of dropping like a brick when starting a slight descent- sometimes all the way. Could have been something to do with being the original version MC. New ones were sent out FOC

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Yea, you are right. Writing the check is one of them. I will say that she is taking up most of the slack. She makes more than I do and I did pay the college bill.

VINHEX

Going to give it a go! X6 Motor/Prop Fail-safe takes the worry out of a prop breaking. If stable then why not.. I went back to 5.8 and this did seem very stable but adjust gains at the same time which I hadn't done before.. So not sure which had made the F550 more stable. I guess they have a number of units they test (HOPEFULLY) perhaps they have really concentrated in the X6 this time around. No kit other than WKM-M and data-link no camera to plow into the dirt... Going to find soft area for landing when trying though.. Might have data-link connected to laptop so if flys away I can follow it LOL

HEX junky

Just flew my F450, F550, and S800 all with 5.14a....no issues at all. All functions including POI, RTH work fine :tennis:

shirts off!!! everyone jump in..... "not".. waiting to see the first issue.. good news though.. Thanks for braving it out. Getting close to the holiday now, gotta move real slow for me. :)

KS

HEX junky

That's a positive point of view..."not".... let's wait for the first issue that we can "blame" on a firmware update!! This seems to be a forum that thrives on failure! I don't fly OCTs, however, I've personally had no crashes due to a firmware version. Crashes due to stupidity and also night flying with fireworks...but not firmware.

Some people are early adopters.. some are not. @Hex Junky, you use the "blame" in there... I am a technician, and know that it is not just software.. that does everything. I am well aware of just "updating the firmware" does not mean that if the issue comes about, then it is the firmware.. Rotors may break.. since it was flown before.. etc...

Wonder how you got the negative out of my comments.

In the software world, when we say "Microsoft Updates gave me problems", we all know or at least the group I am involved with, it is not just the MS updates? it could be Jave version, other application requiring different things.

Sorry if my comment came off negative to all: My intention was to say that, I am no going to update. Should that have been a better way of saying that?

Regards,

KS

Update: I see the negative viewpoint after reading it a couple of times.. It was not intended to sound like it was the burden of just the software. It was more saying that, I don't like changes on things when they are working.. wait till there is a need to change/update.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

This seems to be a forum that thrives on failure!

...no, it's not. It's a pleace where everyone got the right to express his thoughts and opinions, as long as it is in a civilized way. You are known to be a DJI junkie and nobody blamed you for that....so you got no right to blame anybody else here....don't like it here, get out. Wanna stay, then behave....life is very simple.

Chris