4S Battery Question

Eoin

Hi all,
Just a quick battery question. Am upgrading my F450 and based on advice am switching to 4S batteries.
Have been looking at the Turnigy Nanotech batteries on hobbyking. Does anyone have any experience of these ?
Or can anyone recommend a good 4S battery if these aren't up to scratch ? Am looking for the longest flight time I can get so will go for the highest mAh that I can (weight dependent of course)
Many thanks for input !
Eoin

Tahoe Ed

I fly mostly with the Turnigy Nanotechs. I have had good luck with them. I think out of 12 I have had one that was DOA. Now that they have the US Warehouse the delivery is pretty quick for me. I don't know where you are.

Bella7821

I have 4 pretty new Turnigy Nano-Techs 4500 4s batteries and I think they work great and they're only $38 from the US warehouse. I get just about 10 minutes of hovering on each battery on my F550 at 4lbs 9oz.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesi

i'm very pleased of nano-tech batterys.
Just got 4s 6000mah nanos, just waiting to get new prop adapter...

Macsgrafs

I use 4s nano's 4000ma 35-70c. 1 or 2 have very slightly puffed (by a few mm's), I carry 4 at a time on my octo & get about 10 mins flight time!!!!

Ross

Lifter

I use 4s nano's 4000ma 35-70c. 1 or 2 have very slightly puffed (by a few mm's), I carry 4 at a time on my octo & get about 10 mins flight time!!!!

Ross

I carry 2 x 4.5 Nanos (25-50c) on my Dw Octo and get 10 min - thats with a GoPro attached.
Cheers

roypwee

Hi Ross,

Where do you place your 4 x 4s lipo?

I will be placing 2 x 5S 8800.

@ 938g each

:)

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Below my ocot, but above my camera mount...check out my profile as I'm sure I have a few photos of it on there.

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
I've used gens-ace, blue sky, turnigy, zippy and nano-tec. out of all of them, the nano-tec tend to be the easiest to damage. if you use too much mah one time, i'm talking just pushing past 80% they'll swell, get hotter and have more damage to the internal resistance than any other pack. the only one worse are the XPS packs from heliproz.com and it seems to coinside with lipo chemistry that likes high charge rates. I can take a turnigy or even zippy into 90% or more accidentaly and not see any heat or damage. the gens ace are somewhere in between fragille wise, but the power there 25c make and the IR that goes with that pack is amazing. it's more like a 40c pack the way it keeps up with demand. sky lipos are easy to hurt, but they don't puff much, just loose IR easily from damage. I fly in 100 degrees regularly up to 120 on occasion and this is what all i've encountered. Gens-Ace are no doubt the best discount packs you can get followed by the turnigy packs as far as discount lipos go. the only problem is to get gens ace, you gotta deal with hobbypartz.com, xheli or nitroplanes. all the same place, and not very good, but if your considering dealing with hobbyking, there right there at the same level of care. I've gotten a few packs from HK doa, never even seen a Gens Ace dead in 2 years. i had one that was on a plank that was in a tree for 6 months, it was smoked but thats it.

Lifter

nano-tec. out of all of them, the nano-tec tend to be the easiest to damage. if you use too much mah one time, i'm talking just pushing past 80% they'll swell, get hotter and have more damage to the internal resistance than any other pack.

Right on with that statement Kloner - That's my experience with them as well.
Cheers