arch001

Stockholm, Sweden
Hi guys! Here's a video of a quick flight I did the other day. The location is Fårö, an island in the Baltic Sea outside of Sweden. The pillar-shaped lime stone rocks are a result of erosion during the ice age. An interesting fact for for some is that the Swedish director Ingmar Bergman lived on this island and made many of his movies there.

The rig is a custom tricopter with a 375 mm motor diameter and an OpenPilot controller. Check out the video info for the exact setup used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

My Scarab Ysiix / Wookong has received a Zenmuse H3-2D. This is first tests and my first flights ever with a Gimbal. I am quite impressed by the results. Leaason learned: I shoud keep my fingers away from the Yaw stick as all small yaw movements are very noticeable now!

https://vimeo.com/71156585

Glambert7777

Gregory
T-Rex 550 FB
FPV : Scarab Multiwiicopter Hex-H Vampire, YSiix and Quad FPV Reconn

Thanks Greg for sharing. I like your choice of music from Escala. Yes, I learned the same lesson when shooting solo on the ZenH3-2D, and I added much more dual rate to my yaw because of it. In my case, and don't know if applied to you, but I had to raise my yaw gain; I was noticing that as I climbed or flew backwards that my yaw was having a little oscillation because the gain wasn't high enough.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Torture testing a brushless gimbal FPV style...

RCTimer GoPro gimbal, Alexmos controller, Mikrokopter FPV quad

Ken

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Went for a walk...

Hey guys,

Took my multis for a walk last week. Alas too windy to do anything really cool. Great scenery though.

Cheers!

kloner

Aerial DP
like a minute, flew line of site 50' then climbed 50' and flew back. think they said it can reach out 50 meters

it's some powerful tools but in this state is still so heavy. I didn't rig or build it. they had 5 lbs of wire wrapped up in a knot, 13 lbs payload and 20 amp hours of batteries on a cinestar with too long of arms. it was a disaster but got it done. no self level or altitude anything,,, hoverfly pro in manual. it crashed at the end of the day, got in some rad 2.4 conflict between the wifi onboard and the transmitter. Theres a whole intel pc on the rig

The level of imagry shown was a combination of the velodyne sensor and a guy working on a software while in college in Germany. Smart dude, lines of code zipping by, it enhances the picture alot

PilotMan

Very Cool..... Just had a conversation with the designer of this system at Velodyne. Funny thing is... its the same company that's primary business is high end subwoofers for home theater. Very expensive at around 50K and not as accurate as it needs to be for surveying. Accuracy needs to be around 1 to 3 cm. right now its about 5 to 15 cm.

like a minute, flew line of site 50' then climbed 50' and flew back. think they said it can reach out 50 meters

it's some powerful tools but in this state is still so heavy. I didn't rig or build it. they had 5 lbs of wire wrapped up in a knot, 13 lbs payload and 20 amp hours of batteries on a cinestar with too long of arms. it was a disaster but got it done. no self level or altitude anything,,, hoverfly pro in manual. it crashed at the end of the day, got in some rad 2.4 conflict between the wifi onboard and the transmitter. Theres a whole intel pc on the rig

The level of imagry shown was a combination of the velodyne sensor and a guy working on a software while in college in Germany. Smart dude, lines of code zipping by, it enhances the picture alot

Wow.

...just .... Wow.

kloner

Aerial DP
if you can get an accurate ground position we saw 3.8 cm.... wolfgang was there with us that day. they have a pretty cool story about how and why, but it mostly came about from DARPA projects. It's on the google cars that map and that drive themselves.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Some of this footage has already been shown in the Baguettee Western clip. This clip includes a bit more of the Mer de Sable theme park footage after an abbreviated 'Train Attack' section. What is particularly interesting is how stable the video is with the strength of the wind. Look at the trees as the Water Splash toboggan reaches the top at the beginning of the Cheyenne River ride and then the trees around the Raging Rapids ride. That S800 was doing a fair old dance up there but the Zen has soaked it all up.

Such a relief that this troublesome DJI rig appears to be behaving now.

No post-stabilisation has been applied to any of it. Other than lifting the shadows of the Train Attack footage, due to the very high contrast filming conditions, this is all GH3 raw video. I wonder how the Black Magic Pocket will handle these sort of conditions - shooting against the sun in a desert!?

Don't know if an automatic turf harvester has ever been shot from the air before, but I had a great time this past week in Chicago filming this field day. Shot with an X650 Pro, SuperX FC, and Tarot Brushless gimbal. GoPro Hero 3 Black at 1080p 60fps. Zero post stabilization. Enjoy!

Tim550

A Short clip of our first flight at the Amelia Island Plantation in Florida on our DJI Phantom with no Gimbal (Didn't arrive in time) but seems OK for our first attempt!