rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
Here is a video I shot for a water ski manufactuer last month. I am using a DJI F550 with a GotHleiRC gimbal and a Sony Nex 5n.

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The American Battle Monuments Commission very kindly gave permission to film in the Normandy American Cemetery outside public visiting hours. It is situated above Omaha Beach, which is visible near the end of the clip, where the Americans suffered particularly high casualties on the morning of 6th June 1944, as the Allied invasion of Nazi occupied France began with D-Day.

We had the whole place to ourselves in the early morning and in the evening, although unfortunately the weather turned sour in the evening. It is an incredibly moving memorial and this is what I wanted to try and capture in this clip.

ZAxis

Hi Mombassa. Really nice work there, are you stil on the s800 frame or something different now?
keep up the good work.
Lec

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... are you stil on the s800 frame ...

Still beating the S800 into submission. If only Droidworx had been a bit quicker to market with the XM's and Lite's it might have all been different. But, I have the troublesome ***** and so I have to beat it!

With a hand firmly placed upon a big piece of wood, it appears as though all the so-called 'upgrades' have now brought the S800 to a reliable state. It is consistent enough to get adventurous with the camera angles and that is all that counts in the end. The airframe is incidental, as long as it works and is reliable. The gimbal is and always has been the crucial centre of an aerial filming system.

If painless breakdown for easy transportability is a key requirement and one is content to stay at the GH3 level, as opposed to joining the RED brigade, the S800 EVO looks to be not only a bargain, as it incorporates every one of the 'upgrades', but a worthy platform to consider - even though it pains me to say it!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Train Attack! A Baguettee Western!

So you just can imagine how much fun filming this was. And at the end it can even be strung together as a mini-Western!

The sequences in this clip were filmed at La Mer de Sable, a Theme Park north of Paris, France. La Mer de Sable translates literally as 'The Sea of Sand' and that is what they have done. A desert has been created in the middle of the thick forest.

As the 'Train Attack' show had to be filmed during a regular once-daily public performance the shooting was spread over two days. This has lead to a few continuity problems where some of the 'Indians' have swapped rôles on the second day, but it just shows that there is stuff that can be achieved spectacularly easily with an MR that would be all but impossible without closing down the show to the public and creating a Closed Set for the filming. Not to mention the expense that would entail!

The crowd loved it. For them it was an extra attraction to have the MR buzzing about. I have not yet come across a member of the public who doesn't look upon the MR as some sort of cuddly toy. As a rule they are not the least bit intimidated or even vaguely wary. A whole load different attitude to when the SR's take to the air.

The horses didn't like it much though!

The footage seen here has received no post-stabilisation but has been slightly adjusted to lift the shadows due to the high contrast filming conditions. Otherwise it is straight from the camera.

15crewdawg

I stumbled onto this while out looking for some place new to fly.
The Sport Quad Nationals.
Kind of a rough first cut. No music.

All I used was a TBS Disco, a GoPro3, and a inexpensive 2-axis gimbal.

SamaraMedia

Great work Tim! Loved the overhead of the kids on the tube, transitions were smooth and timed, liked the fast motion to slow motion effect. Ender was fabulous!

John

SamaraMedia

MombasaFlash, wonderful work. Loved the tight quartered shot from behind the statue then floating down the main road. Seeing the beaches in the background puts things in perspective as to where all these men paid the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you honoring them.

John