Hoverfly Lurkers - Slow Forum

Aerovideo

Is it just me or does this seem to be a REALLY slow moving forum? Whenever I go to the Hoverfly section it says anywhere from 5 to 15 people are viewing the section at any given time but the amount of posts is next to nothing :( I was hoping for a lot more activity over here in the HF forum.

I guess I'm just lonely... ;)

Bowley

I guess no news is good news, I was wondering the same sort of thing but about the freefly radian....very little traffic, guess they must just work!!

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Yes I also agree

The hoverfly rc groups forum is the same.

It’s the same handful of people that post on these forums, its becoming quite a club.

As I see it with the number of Hoverfly products that have been sold, only a small percentage of users look at or post on these forums for whatever reasons.

However I find the help and advice from others on these forums brilliant.

I’m sure we could all benefit from new blood and new ideas, so lurkers come forward and say hello. We don’t bite.

Razzil

Maybe its time to start asking for some new features again ... Hoverfly, what are you at these days? yah bored down there in sunny Florida yet?

Photronix

Pilot
Trust me we have our heads down working on improvements and new features. But we are here everyday. The HoverflyGIMBAL has been working very well. The HoverflyPRO fly's like a dream. The HoverflyGPS works well and is trustworthy to do the job. However, some of use have been focusing on improving Position Hold and other enhancements.

I have had several shoots for the American Hero Experience (NBC Sports) so I fly our products and find things I want to improve or change. I often fly with no gimbal and good stable footage without it is one of my goals. This experience gives us greater insight into your needs.

Aerovideo

I agree, when people post to this forum it's always of immense help. I guess that's why I wish more people posted! Maybe if the hoverfly folks posted more it would encourage more responses? I would love to hear about updates, even if they are future updates.

I also love to see other peoples hoverfly builds. I especially like the flights and video from the pros out there using Hoverfly gear, very inspirational!

I guess I just wish those 6 people that are always viewing the Hoverfly section were posting stuff :)

Here's my latest and greatest... As you can see I have yet to spend the time to calibrate my battery display as I'm CERTAINLY NOT flying with 9s batteries :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Hey Paul, bad weather, overloaded with work and a nasty virus have held me back quite a bit in the last 3 months or so. I promise to get on to those photos of my aquaquad for you soon!. Love your videos every time you post a new one. You are similar to me in mostly posting videos that are a complete flight with little or no clip editing. Im hoping to be able fly some more again soon, Im trying to build a home made waterproof hexa and keep changing direction with it but I plan to have it built by the end of Jan. I would post some video but its been ages since I flew anywhere worth viewing, hope to change that soon.

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
I agree... I probably check 4-5 times a day. I'm in the end game of a particularly tedious build where all the ESC's are in the frame of an X8. Just to the point of resizing the ESC-HFP control lines and hopefully will be flying her within a week. 40" MTM. No news is good news.

JoshMaxAmps

I tell you what I am probably one of the bigger lurkers. Always reading stuff but I don't have a system at this point. I just drool over what you guys have. I would add input if I had any but at this point this information is my source of knowledge. Ask a battery question and I can probably shed some light but it looks like for the most part batteries are not a big concern.

I tell you what I am probably one of the bigger lurkers. Always reading stuff but I don't have a system at this point. I just drool over what you guys have. I would add input if I had any but at this point this information is my source of knowledge. Ask a battery question and I can probably shed some light but it looks like for the most part batteries are not a big concern.

If you're careful with what you buy, you can build a fun little quad without spending a fortune. And I bet you get a discount on those batteries :)

I agree... I probably check 4-5 times a day. I'm in the end game of a particularly tedious build where all the ESC's are in the frame of an X8. Just to the point of resizing the ESC-HFP control lines and hopefully will be flying her within a week. 40" MTM. No news is good news.

Got any pics? I hope to build an X8 down the road.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
OK, OK, OK!! I'll start a new build thread if it will liven things up a little. Let me get my camera and shoot a quick photo of where I'm at.

Bart

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
Actually, I don't have any pics yet Benjamin. I'll take some. What I've done, is take a Rusty's frame and incorporated some 40a Turnigy Plush ESC's in the body itself so they won't have to be strapped on the arms. I had to turn them sideways with the flat side towards the arm holders within the body. Unfortunately, they were about a 1/16” too big, so I used some washers to gain more width. I also used rubber washers to help with any vibration. The Avrotor 2814-11’s are SO MUCH SMOOTHER than the BC3536's I've used, I doubt that vibration will be an issue. I've completely soldered and tested each arm as it was going together as disassembly will be a nightmare. Needless to say, there isn't much space in the middle hole. The wiring harness has its own level and soldering 10 gague copper in groups, well, y'all know. I hope the 40a will be enough of an overkill so heat won't be an issue. If I have to take it apart, it'll be just another rebuild. There is no replacing parts easily but it looks nice and neat!

The HT7540 and HT7545 servos came in yesterday and they seem pretty nice so the gimbal will some together in a week or so. Dang! I hope all this works! I have a WSOP poker tournament next week I'm playing in so it may not get in the air until the first of February. I just don't want to rush it and have to tear it down because I've overlooked something. In any case, I lurk here too and have learned everything I know about this from y'all. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. Thanks!

Oh yes... Of course I forgot to mention... The HF Pro and GPS. I'll use the external magnetometer and the MediaTek MT3329 GPS 2.0. Maybe one day, Hoverfly will support the uBlox LEA-6 GPS... Not that I need it or anything, but I just like to tinker..

Photronix

Pilot

So what do you need to get started? I bet between all of us we could put some stuff together. Do you have a transmitter?

JoshMaxAmps

So what do you need to get started? I bet between all of us we could put some stuff together. Do you have a transmitter?

At this point I have the batteries available to me. Working in the field I am in I have Car and Truck Tx. The only flight transmitters I have are four or five channel beginners for Micro Helis and a micro quad copter. In truth this interest is fairly new to me. My sister just got a degree in video production. We have been doing different projects to get her experience. At the same time seeing how this industry is just exploding I have been trying to learn what I can about these setups. I want to expand what she and I are capable of and I think this is the perfect niche.

What do you think would be a good transmitter?

At this point I have the batteries available to me. Working in the field I am in I have Car and Truck Tx. The only flight transmitters I have are four or five channel beginners for Micro Helis and a micro quad copter. In truth this interest is fairly new to me. My sister just got a degree in video production. We have been doing different projects to get her experience. At the same time seeing how this industry is just exploding I have been trying to learn what I can about these setups. I want to expand what she and I are capable of and I think this is the perfect niche.

What do you think would be a good transmitter?

I prefer a Futaba T8FG Super (heli version) myself.