GPS postion

JG-rn

If I were to slide the GPS closer to the white arm so that I can use the two screws to mount the bottom of the mast, would I need to make adjustments in the naza assistant since the postion has moved?

IMAG0147-1.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
you want that as close to matching the numbers as possible. you want to adjust the numbers if you move it.......... pretty basic, center of the frame, measure over and type the number you see

it keeps the thing from toilet bowling and makes your gps pos hold like a rock

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
you want that as close to matching the numbers as possible. you want to adjust the numbers if you move it.......... pretty basic, center of the frame, measure over and type the number you see

it keeps the thing from toilet bowling and makes your gps pos hold like a rock

Good info, GPS for the Naza coming soon for me too. I'm going to mount mine the same exact way JG-rn has his mounted, I think most people do since the screws are there. Kloner, anything we should know about setting up the GPS, tips, tricks, lessons learned etc? Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
just make sure to note + and - number values, calibrate it before you fly it, and make sure your watches, rings, anything metal on yourself is out of pocket and get 20' away from anything with metal for the best results when you do calibrate it.

out of everything dji controllers do, the gps part is really good

JG-rn

Does the gps mast pull apart?

its almost impossible to access the screws in the top plate with an Allen wrench with the mast right there. I'm tempted to try and pull the mast up and out of its base mount but not sure if it comes apart or is supposed to come apart.

kloner

Aerial DP
up top is 2 sided tape. on mine i had first made it close but not perfect so i popped it off the ape, rotated the puck till it flew good, then made a mark and put down a new piece of double sided tape....

Nuttzzy

Yeah the disk is double sides but the Stand is glued on mine

Beep, Beep, Honk, Honk, Over and Out Rotorhead

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, that's the build instructions or whatever. i've cut the rod off and drilled that out from inside the tube to replace those before. then i just started sticking them to the top of the frame

Nuttzzy

yea, that's the build instructions or whatever. i've cut the rod off and drilled that out from inside the tube to replace those before. then i just started sticking them to the top of the frame

No rod hu just straight stuck to the frame

Beep, Beep, Honk, Honk, Over and Out Rotorhead

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
That's the EZ UHF receiver right there on the Disco you're building right? Is the range on that system just like the Dragon Link, better, worse? How far have you taken it? Just curious... Also, did you paint those motors? :D And the antenna is to your 2.4Ghz video setup right? Just getting an idea of the size of it compared to your Disco.

kloner

Aerial DP
EZuhf is on everything i fly. I tried to use dragonlink but what a POS that is. EZuhf is definately where it's at.

Range quad wise i'm just limited by flight time/batteries. but i can dip down low miles out and have total control of the model. One day i was bored and wanted to see what the system will do. Took a zephyr, loaded it with 6600 mah and sent it off... went 150fett up and after 8 miles and no change i turned around and flew it home. I'll never have an fpv rig without it.

Yes that other thing is the video antenna, 2.4

002%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

JG-rn

Kloner,

what kind of motors do you have on the tbs?

i love these tbs discos. Maybe once I get comfortable with my f450 and fpv setup I'll build a long range beefed up motor disco.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
8 miles! Wow! That's some serious range and was that with your 2.4Ghz (milliwatt?) setup? What was your video setup at the time? That's amazing! I'll be happy with just a few miles because it's like you stated, multicopters really aren't for long range since they are limited to hover time and hence battery capacity, no "glide" feature yet lol

kloner

Aerial DP
2.4 video will go alot further........... i bet with the tracker i got now and the 10db crosshair pointed straight at it could do 30+ miles...... as long as your up..... i hate flying high,,,,,,, i'm down low or goin home. For that 3-5 miles is considered plenty far and is what most my flights are. Don't have any mutlirotor vids of long flights that the osd shows distance, but this is what everything here has, ezuhf and 2.4 lawmate video gear.... heres what it loos like and does. The rsi or sometimes rss is the radio signal indicator, tells me what ezuhf is feeling, i can see the videos strength in the picture, the two main things i'm watching flying like this, glance at the amp meter and mah to see if it's over yet

heres a discovery w/ core live feed

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
keep forgetting to answer the motor ? all three discos that went through my hands were flown and left with Suppo 2814 1000kv motors and flew on 8x5 graupners. if you get before my disco vids, i had a k450 with the same motors, 9", then before that was f450 with em and 9 and 10"........ but it toilet bowled like crazy in a hover........ the 8" let it rev out and not over amp with those particular motors. think the longest flight running along 40-60 amps was 6-7 minutes, not sure if either was any further. these things seemed to go 6 minutes and change on 4000mah... i'd guess just over a mile and a half way and back hauling butt