Using DJI F550 Kit to put on another Hexa (CarbonCore)

VINHEX

Just wondering about this and not sure if anyone has done it or if at all it can be done..

I have a DJIF550 and was wondering if I could use all the components obvously would need a power board, on another multirotor rather than buying more motors ESC ect. Was looking into CarbonCore

Be gentle :dread:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just wondering about this and not sure if anyone has done it or if at all it can be done..

I have a DJIF550 and was wondering if I could use all the components obvously would need a power board, on another multirotor rather than buying more motors ESC ect. Was looking into CarbonCore

Be gentle :dread:

As long as you keep the weight within the range of what the F550 could handle then there's no reason why it won't work. I've used all of the stock DJI electronics on my TBS Discovery frames and it's worked just as well as any of the DJI F series, better actually...

That said the DJi motors are not the highest quality so while they will work you may want to consider replacing them with something better down the line. At the very least cut the shrink wrap off each one of the bullet connectors on every motor and reflow the solder then put new shrink wrap on, that's one of the biggest failure points they have and I can show you a pile of broken frame parts that are all directly due to those connections failing in flight.

Ken