Hoverfly New Hoverfly PRO Firmware v4.6

Aerovideo

you only did the update or you did the setup again??

Thank you..!

I think the instructions said to run the accelerometer calibration again as well as gain adjustments. I did those, is that what you're referring too?

After the Lions game today I'll get a chance to do some more flying :) Maybe sooner depending on how the game goes... hehe

Stacky

The links worked well.
George out of curiosity should i expect to see any change in my gain settings on this new version compared to the previous version firmware?
Thanks

Sl4uGh7eR

Hi there HFP owners, i just recently update FW on my black board to 4.6, on GPS also, but i have problem, my altitude sensor doesnt work at all. It worked good on 4.3.860 tough.
Did all calibrations but on diagnostic tab all Gyro and Accelerometers pass but altitude not. When i switch to altitute hold in air (about 10-15m above ground) my Y6 just drops down until i switch it off... :( When i try to start with Autolevel ON and AH on my blue led on HFP board just shuts off and doesnt light at all.
Is there a problem with my HFP board or i did something wrong on calibration.
Waiting for reply.

Whopis

Hi George - can you please explain the "Care Free" mode a little bit more?

"Care Free" is designed so that you don't have to worry about the heading of the craft when you are flying it.

When you arm the craft, it will look at its heading. From that point on, when you move the control sticks, the craft's response will be relative to that original facing - not relative to the current facing of the craft.

Here is a scenario:
You start with the craft, on the ground, facing North.
You arm the craft and take off.
When you push forward on the elevator stick, the craft will tilt towards the north and start moving that direction.
Now, in the air, you rotate the craft 90 degrees to that it is facing due East.
When you push forward on the elevator stick, the craft will still tilt and move towards north.

A couple things to be (very) careful about with carefree mode:
1) It only works when the craft is in auto-level mode or GPS position hold mode (does not work in gyro only mode)
2) It resets its heading whenever you arm the craft - so if you land, disarm and rearm, the control system may have changed based on the craft facing

It can be a little disconcerting at first - particularly for people with a lot of flying experience who are used to following the facing of the craft as they fly. I think that for those of us who aren't that good at piloting and tend to always fly "tail-in", it is actually a bit easier to pick up - because it is how want it to fly anyway!

Stacky

When AH is enabled the led goes out. Thats the indicator that you are in AH. The LED will go out if its either green or blue.
I am guessing you have already checked in the software that the correct checkbox is ticked when you flick your AH and AL switches.

Also is your HFP exposed to the sunlight?.

If it is you need to stop sunlight hitting the barometric sensor. Some people used closed cell foam over the sensor to do this however i have found the best method is to protect the board from sunlight completely.

Hi there HFP owners, i just recently update FW on my black board to 4.6, on GPS also, but i have problem, my altitude sensor doesnt work at all. It worked good on 4.3.860 tough.
Did all calibrations but on diagnostic tab all Gyro and Accelerometers pass but altitude not. When i switch to altitute hold in air (about 10-15m above ground) my Y6 just drops down until i switch it off... :( When i try to start with Autolevel ON and AH on my blue led on HFP board just shuts off and doesnt light at all.
Is there a problem with my HFP board or i did something wrong on calibration.
Waiting for reply.

Bluerex

Altitude on OSD works ok o_O but when i turn AH craft is dropping down. tried gains from 20 to 80 in step of 5.
My first flight was like that - dropped 25 feet when I flicked the switch (unfortunately I was hovering at 20 feet at the time) I have ended up with almost no gain (11x) on my Alt Hold.... still waiting to hear if anyone else runs that low, but you could give it a try.

Charles.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
As long as it's working, there isn't anything wrong with low gain. Most of the aircraft we tested required something like 25% - 50% I'm guessing that you either have much higher or much lower than 2:1 thrust to weight ratio.

My first flight was like that - dropped 25 feet when I flicked the switch (unfortunately I was hovering at 20 feet at the time) I have ended up with almost no gain (11x) on my Alt Hold.... still waiting to hear if anyone else runs that low, but you could give it a try.

Charles.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
It's possible you need a lower gain than 20. Try starting at 10%. You should also see the altitude indication change in the setup client if you raise the board above your head.

Altitude on OSD works ok o_O but when i turn AH craft is dropping down. tried gains from 20 to 80 in step of 5.

Bluerex

Thanks George, I have been testing with a bare frame, maybe I'll weight it up and do some more tests :frog:

Charles

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
When I talked to Al on the phone a while back he mentioned that everyone at Hoverfly except for him was leaning toward having an AH that was always on and just stabilized the throttle/altitude rather than being an on/off thing, much like DJI. Is there any hope of seeing this? Maybe we could take an online poll but I personally would love for the AH to be on at all times working behind the scenes to just buffer the movement when there is little or no stick movement. If the stick moves a certain amount the heli will respond to the new input and try to always maintain that current position. And now we have one less switch to worry about.

I'm all for improving AH as much as possible, but I'd like to retain the ability to turn it off if I want. Sorry to disagree with you, Yuri (that's rare).