• P1020581.jpg
    P1020581.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 365
  • P1020584.jpg
    P1020584.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 367

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
wonde if the TBS distribution can take up to 80A. Trappy never wanted to answer that email of mine ;)

jcmonty

Wow, that thing looks awesome. I love the arms. That's the one downside of the disco - the sucky DJI arms. Did you ever get the Autoquad working? I was about to start the dynamic cal on mine in my Disco, but then it somehow fried. Currently on RMA :(

kloner

Aerial DP
I've seen mine do a sustained 70 so i think it will, might try something bigger handling than a deans

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
monty japp AQ should be working was messing around with it yesterday wanted to maiden it today but didn't find the time. I am not going to install it on the TBS though the AQ is just to complicated to than deal with a setup that not really balanced etc.
So its satiny on this simple quad setup until i get to know the FC better !

@kloner japp I am going to use bullets for this one ! Still have to decided on the size of the lipos anyways and rethink how to mount them ! Porbably under the bird after adding the landdingear/legs i will have enough space

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

monty japp AQ should be working was messing around with it yesterday wanted to maiden it today but didn't find the time. I am not going to install it on the TBS though the AQ is just to complicated to than deal with a setup that not really balanced etc.
So its satiny on this simple quad setup until i get to know the FC better !

@kloner japp I am going to use bullets for this one ! Still have to decided on the size of the lipos anyways and rethink how to mount them ! Porbably under the bird after adding the landdingear/legs i will have enough space

Wow, love that Disco! But much more i like the LG of your AQ Quad, Boris :black_eyed:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Tomstory2.

Think I am going to stick one the herks IIv4 with the heatsink i still have around. Nice for weight reduction and give it a cool look, little fins to the side :)

Overall weight with a 10000 mah 4s is 2.4 kg, without go pro though ! Final setup will be probably around 2.55kg max and i know were i can still reduce !

Should get around 8kg of thrust max. Will be nice ! Think for now i am going to stick a WKM before i am more familiar with the AQ

View attachment 8628View attachment 8627

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 345
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 339

kloner

Aerial DP
smart to stick with what you know at least at first

It'll be interesting and i'll be listening all ears forward to how the cg get's ironed out. a couple things changed, you lowered the cg with motors underneath, increased the rear cg with more packs, but increased the power x2........ man, that's alot of changes. It's gonna want everything in one spot and just enough of said weight.... for how it's designed and layed out......... my biggest transition making a regular MR go fast has been toughest finding the right cg to use. Up even with the frame seems to maintain the cg as it tilts forward. under and over slung changes cg the entire transition from flat to forward titled. side to side gets heavy, things slow down, my ride turned from ferrari to school bus but it'll carry 4.5 kilos instead of 2 but i had the option of lower kv and bigger props

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah i was thinking about the CG a lot but than stopped again telling myself it makes no sense but to try it out.

The thing that makes it positive is that i can stick all the WKM stuff between the center plates giving me the possibility to mount the lipo anywhere on the top plate or for now it feels like balancing it out would be better with the lipo is on the bottom, since the coax setup is putting the weight on top of the frame mainly.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Meme I hope by next weekend. This weekend I have to finally test the zenmuse mod for the gh3 and maybe maiden my x8 big one.

Any time you come to Vienna inform me would be fun to meet up !!!

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay found one time for this again.

Motors on and wiring. Found some cool wire sleeves supposed to be good at shielding. They look nice though :)

Motors spinning right and hooked up correct to the wkm. Now it looks realistic to maiden this weekend.

View attachment 9094View attachment 9095View attachment 9096

Attachments

• P1020619.jpg
    P1020619.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 264
  • P1020620.jpg
    P1020620.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 284
  • P1020622.jpg
    P1020622.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 282

Tomstoy2

Just too sick, Boris! What a fantastic project!
The wire covers really finish it up sweet. Might want to secure them to the boom to help with vib's, just a suggestion.
Can't wait to see the vids of this beauty!!!
Good luck.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Just too sick, Boris! What a fantastic project!
The wire covers really finish it up sweet. Might want to secure them to the boom to help with vib's, just a suggestion.
Can't wait to see the vids of this beauty!!!
Good luck.

japp you are right i still have to think of something concerning the vibrations and the cables alhought its quite tough material those sleeves. Just I don't want to ruin the pictures with some zip ties. Think i will try to find some way with silicon without seeing it !

Boris

Tomstoy2

Boris, a piece of double sided servo tape, one on the bottom of the frame and another sandwiching the wire to the first ought to do the trick nicely. Keep it invisible from the top perspective.