IMU Calibration

drdrums

Hmmm... my Naza has always had a drift to the right, even on the older firmware. Actually, IIRC, it tended to drift more right and forward with the old firmware, although the drift front was affected by tweaking the gains. I don't think it's ever not drifted right.

I had hopes the calibration with the new firmware would offer a fix, but nope.

Males sense that manual would be drift-free, if it just holds a bank. Gotta think this through - if manual holds steady, is the box relying on both the gyro and acvelerometers, or just the accel to hold angle? Maybe one of the gyros is bad or off...

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

If your still getting drift to the right after doing the IMU calibration I would try putting 1-3 pieces of paper under the side that drifts while completing the IMU calibration?

See if that makes any difference

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
If your still getting drift to the right after doing the IMU calibration I would try putting 1-3 pieces of paper under the side that drifts while completing the IMU calibration?

See if that makes any difference

This did not work. My unit was unresponsive to IMU calibration.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
That sounds like more than enough proof to call it a bad unit, sucks

I know, I even sent videos to DJI and the vender. DJI said, get a new one from your vender. But the vender won't do that. They need me to send it to them first, (4 to 5 days) from Ottawa to Vancouver. Then they want to send it to their distributer in the US. (1.5 to 2 Weeks) Then the distributer has to decide with they agree with DJI's ruling or not. Then the unit will have to shipped back to my vender (2 to 3 weeks) {Canada customs is very slow} Then it will be shipped back to me from the vender 4 to 5 days. So I'm looking at 6 to 7 weeks with no unit and the possibility that the vender will not agree with DJI. As a kid I grew up in the States, I'm starting to miss it again.

DesJardins

Forward your communication with the vendor to DJI and ask if they can force the vendor to send one...

if DJI customer service already agreed you get a new one how can a vendor make the decision period, proof on email from DJI would be my argument

Hell I'll call them for ya'

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Forward your communication with the vendor to DJI and ask if they can force the vendor to send one...

if DJI customer service already agreed you get a new one how can a vendor make the decision period, proof on email from DJI would be my argument

Hell I'll call them for ya'

RC flight store says that they don't deal with DJI directly, rather they deal with a distributer and it is up to the distributer whether a unit be warranted or not. I sent RC flight store videos and the Correspondence with DJI and high-lighted the sections where DJI costumer service clearly said, "get a replacement unit from your vender" and still they say I have to send the unit into them so they can turn around and send it to the distributer in the states. Or, I can buy a new unit from them while I wait to see what the distributer's ruling is and hopefully get reimbursed if the distorter agrees with DJI. I've asked DJI to help.

DesJardins

It sounds like the dealer doesn't want to tab'it... But I could be dead wrong

I would try calling if you have the ability to do so

DesJardins

I'm making (I know I shouldn't) an assumption that the dealer might have to pay on account before it can be sent and that might be why they aren't willing to do so. It just so happens that my dealer here in the US was amazing with customer service and went above and beyond for me and a warranty item...

Hobby-drones.com is great to deal with so I may be spoiled

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I'm making (I know I shouldn't) an assumption that the dealer might have to pay on account before it can be sent and that might be why they aren't willing to do so. It just so happens that my dealer here in the US was amazing with customer service and went above and beyond for me and a warranty item...

Hobby-drones.com is great to deal with so I may be spoiled

Maybe.

w4arf

This thread has not been active for a while. I too have the drifting right problem......But my problem is tied to battery voltage. With a fully charged 4s pack on two different birds they always drift right for the first 50-60% of the pack. After the voltage in the pack has come down it is solid as a rock.

I did not realize what was actually happening at first. I just sent mine back to Robert at UAV products and he is going to replace it.

I tried the trim idea and it works, until the pack reached the voltage level that it operated normally and then I had to take it out. I wish I would have had a 3s pack to try as I think it would have been fine.

Just another data point to add for folks to check as part of the right drifting problem.

R. Steve Haynes
w4arf