Hey guys just thought id share a little reel i made up the other day of some of the work I have done in the past year. This was all done with the sony nex5n using a quadframe 3 axis gimbal. All work done with a single operator. Camera Pan on the left slider, Camera Tilt on right slider. The footage was all shot in Northern California and some in Oregon. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,

http://vimeo.com/106235028

SamaraMedia

Nice work Nic, you mention using the Quadframe 3 axis gimbal, is that the V2 Medium size BLDC gimbal and adding their 3rd axis strong mount? Which dampening system are you using, V3 or V4?

Thanks,

John

Hey guys just thought id share a little reel i made up the other day of some of the work I have done in the past year. This was all done with the sony nex5n using a quadframe 3 axis gimbal. All work done with a single operator. Camera Pan on the left slider, Camera Tilt on right slider. The footage was all shot in Northern California and some in Oregon. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,

http://vimeo.com/106235028

Great reel Swartzracing! What transmitter do you use for single operation and what lens do you have on the Nex5n?

Thank Sjaak, I switch off between a Futaba and Taranis. I was using the the kit lens with a polarizer for the majority of the work. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi John,

I used the V1 Medium gimbal with and converted it to 3 axis for lots of the work, but somewhat recently moved to the V2 Gimbal with the 3rd axis landing gear and v4 vibration dampening. The gimbal and 3 axis conversion is really solid, Jakub uses huge bearings and a very strong design. I will be flying my GH4 as soon as they figure out the voltage issue with the Phobotic centerpiece.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

RoryG

I'm new to this forum so hi al! I've been flying rc for years and started filming from fixed wing aircraft and gliders a few years back. Most of my aerial footage is now shot with a Phantom 2, H3-3D and Hero 3 Black, and a S900 with Z15 is on its way soon. I plan to sit the RPQ-S exam and flight test with both aircraft early next year to be able to undertake some commission and survey work.

I live in Shetland, the most northerly group of islands in the UK, some 120 miles north of mainland Scotland. I'm currently working on my own project to document the entire island group through aerial footage over the next couple of years, an ambitious plan considering the amount of non flying days up here! My Vimeo channel is growing almost weekly as new content is added, although with winter looming flying days will become even more scarce, and daylight only lasts five hours in midwinter!

Here's my latest addition and is representative of the kind of videos I'm producing. Filmed yesterday it takes in Voe, a pretty Nordic style village, and Mavis Grind, the narrowest part of the Shetland Mainland at only 33m between the Atlantic and the North Sea. I shoot in either 2.7k or 1080/25 with a medium field of view. Footage is graded and produced in FCPX and rendered in 21:9 (1950x837) HD ultra wide.

http://vimeo.com/106234766

Cheers,

Rory
The Shetland Flyer on Vimeo
The Shetland Flyer on Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:

flitelab

A few still images of a shoot we did this week at Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FL_140915_004.jpg
    FL_140915_004.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 278
  • FL_140915_003.jpg
    FL_140915_003.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 337
  • FL_140915_007.jpg
    FL_140915_007.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 337

Buzz_Roavr

I'm new to this forum so hi al! I've been flying rc for years and started filming from fixed wing aircraft and gliders a few years back. Most of my aerial footage is now shot with a Phantom 2, H3-3D and Hero 3 Black, and a S900 with Z15 is on its way soon. I plan to sit the RPQ-S exam and flight test with both aircraft early next year to be able to undertake some commission and survey work.

I live in Shetland, the most northerly group of islands in the UK, some 120 miles north of mainland Scotland. I'm currently working on my own project to document the entire island group through aerial footage over the next couple of years, an ambitious plan considering the amount of non flying days up here! My Vimeo channel is growing almost weekly as new content is added, although with winter looming flying days will become even more scarce, and daylight only lasts five hours in midwinter!

Here's my latest addition and is representative of the kind of videos I'm producing. Filmed yesterday it takes in Voe, a pretty Nordic style village, and Mavis Grind, the narrowest part of the Shetland Mainland at only 33m between the Atlantic and the North Sea. I shoot in either 2.7k or 1080/25 with a medium field of view. Footage is graded and produced in FCPX and rendered in 21:9 (1950x837) HD ultra wide.

http://vimeo.com/106234766

Cheers,

Rory
The Shetland Flyer on Vimeo
The Shetland Flyer on Facebook

Hi Rory, lovely work. I'm in Inverness and have completed RPQ-s. Give me a shout if you need any info!

Av8Chuck

What was the issue? Copyrighted music?

Vimeo starts selling stock music and suddenly they're worried about copyrights. I'm not promoting infringing on peoples copyrights but for the past five or six years they had a wide latitude for how music was being used that now they don't. Curious how many have made the upgrade to the pro channels? Almost all of the aerial that I post online is to share with other's doing the same sort of thing. If I post anything that is used for commercial purposes I license the music.

I don't want to start a copyright debate, just pointing out Vimeo's hypocrisy.

What was the issue? Copyrighted music?

Vimeo starts selling stock music and suddenly they're worried about copyrights. I'm not promoting infringing on peoples copyrights but for the past five or six years they had a wide latitude for how music was being used that now they don't. Curious how many have made the upgrade to the pro channels? Almost all of the aerial that I post online is to share with other's doing the same sort of thing. If I post anything that is used for commercial purposes I license the music.

I don't want to start a copyright debate, just pointing out Vimeo's hypocrisy.

Hey Chuck,

That was the exact issue. It is so dumb that they do that, the video was just to show the aerial media some of my highlights. Yea I have a buddy that works at vimeo and I will be giving him a email to figure out why they're being so strict about sharing a video with some good music.

Thanks for you input.

Cheers.

econfly

Very nice colour palette. What process did you use for the colour grading? A Da Vinci LUT or manually?

Thanks. I did minimal manual grading. I imported the ProRes file from the BMPCC (film mode) into Final Cut Pro, the used the FilmConvert plugin with Fuji Provia as the target stock (zero added grain). I did just a little additional color and temperature grading, but the vast majority of the look is coming from FilmConvert.

gardenroute

Pelješac Peninsula, Southern Dalmatia (Croatia)

Flying with my quadcopter over Pelješac Peninsula, Southern Dalmatia (Croatia)
Some pictures from our summer holidays on the Peljesac Peninsula in southern Dalmatia.

With my Phantom I was shooting in a quiet Mirce bay near the Cape Lovište, and on ancient and now completely abandoned stone village Nakovanj (located in areas of significant archaeological site of 8.000 years old Illyrian settlement), and in the Pelješac Canal (Strait of Pelješac) near Orebić and Viganj, opposite the Korčula Island.
It's a very beautiful place...

Enjoy It!

Switch to the HD (full screen), at least 720p to 1080p even better and turn on the sound.