ChrisViperM

That's how you drive 'em.....

at 8:30 he is saying: "...at 305km/h I have to change gear from 5Th to 6th...how sick is that..." and then look at his face
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

MidwestRob

Here is a short FPV flight video using the TBS Discovery quad. I was testing a new set of motors on the frame. I'm still trying to work out some of the vibrations in the video.

Jetstuff

Jetstuff
If not now....When?

Hi chaps, my first visit to the MultiRotor Forum.... looks a bit more useful than the RCGroups threads that I've been following!
Anyway, my first attempt at quadcopterfilming....need to get some faster gimbal servos....and build a bigger quad to carry the gear.

john

Michael64

Adidas4274
Great job at filming did you edit this as well and were the ground shots of this video dome with the PJ710 or PJ760 video camera

Michael64

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
My first attempt at mixing FPV flying with the intention of recording video vs pure FPV flying while a GoPro is recording video of the flight...

Ken

hjls3

My first attempt at mixing FPV flying with the intention of recording video vs pure FPV flying while a GoPro is recording video of the flight...

Ken[/QUOTE}

super nice Ken, do you mind sharing your setup. Was the GoPro on a gimble, looks like it (especially with the opening and closing shots)? were you using the GoPro as the FPV camera or did you have another camera? goggles or monitor? again, nicely done and thanks for the info in advance, im still working out how I would like todo this very thing.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
super nice Ken, do you mind sharing your setup. Was the GoPro on a gimble, looks like it (especially with the opening and closing shots)? were you using the GoPro as the FPV camera or did you have another camera? goggles or monitor? again, nicely done and thanks for the info in advance, im still working out how I would like todo this very thing.

The GoPro I was referring to is the one I use on my TBS Discovery FPV quad, this flight was the first time I've flown the Cinestar 6 using only FPV gear while recording the video with a Sony Nex 5N. Flying a multi that big and heavy with video goggles is a lot differenet than flying an FPV quad that is maybe half the size and weight and doesn't have a camera gimbal and camera hanging under it.

I can be pretty smooth on the sticks flying the Cinestar line of sight, doing it through FPV goggles is a completely different flying experience and I wasn't even close to being as smooth as if I just watched and flew by naked eye. The disadvantage of flying by eye is that it's not possible to be as precise with where the camera is pointed and you have to take what you get and make the best of it or do several passes to get the shot right.

I'm sure once I get used to it the smoothness will be there, the first time up FPV on a Cinestar does tend to induce a little shakiness on the controls...

Ken

Tomstoy2

Shakiness on the controls,,, I like that. It's pretty hard to give up LOS when you're hanging that kind of money up there, I bet. Still, nice job of it!

I know my own limited experience is very favorable. For some reason I feel extremely comfortable under the goggles. Each flight I try to push the limit farther out and lower.
Kloner one time told me the ground is your friend. My last flight proved that right for me. Up high is one thing, knowing you have room for those oop's moments, but when I decided to take it to a few feet off the deck over a 1/4 mile out I was amazed! No fear at all, no feeling like I ought to get my rear end up higher.

Just got to love this hobby!

FerdinandK

"video"http://....."/video" (but with brackets[ ] instead of the ") or your use the video-button in the editor :).

lg Ferdl

Edit, if you click on a post with an embedded video you can see how this is done, it will show yout the "sources"