SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys here is a project we worked on to promote the city I live in. It also promotes one of my production projects "Open Sourced Films". OSF's takes fan submitted scripts and produces short films from them. It's a way to help make writers visions a reality. The same production crew is also part of my company Airhead Media LLC. We have been doing aerials, handheld and general shots.

This was shot with the GH3, GoPro 3, BMPC, 5D using a few different multi's, the Movi M5 handheld rig and a shoulder rig...

Enjoy!

A day in the life of Cleveland, Ohio.. a million stories...

Last edited by a moderator:

gardenroute

Flying over Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Flying over Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
During our summer tour of the Balkans, we visited the beautiful historic city of Mostar in Bosnia, it's a bit of the Orient, in Europe closest to us.

The city today still has hints of the recent war from the nineties, when it was a multi-ethnic conflict between Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks destroyed a number of famous medieval monuments as bridge "Stari Most" (on the list of UNESCO World Heritage) , many mosques, Catholic cathedral and other sights. Unique medieval bridge over the river Neretva was later rebuilt (with the help of UNESCO and a number of western countries) from the original material and using the origin Turkish techniques and technologies.

We accepted the offer of the Shangri La Mansion hotel management for Phantom flying direct from the hotel roof.

Unfortunately the evening and in the morning it was still raining, so I had to go for a full and rapid sun before noon ...:(

Switch to the HD (full screen), at least 720p to 1080p even better and turn on the sound.

Have been working on a piece about BASE jumpers and the guys posted a short teaser. These jumpers are crazy cool dudes.

nick

skipper1

It may just be me but I don't like the fish eye look and I don't like out of focus. I have purchased 4 GoPro Hero 3+ cameras. The first 3 were sent back because they were out of focus. I got a 4th GoPro Hero 3+ and out of the box, took a pair of pliers to the lens and replaced it with a 5.4mm. Now I don't have the fish eye, it's in focus and on this video, the only thing I added was music. Check out the difference.

https://vimeo.com/105456299

bensid54

That is very clear and the focus seems perfect. I would have thought camera work like this came from a much more expensive setup. Go Pro will see your video and come out with a new model with the same lens at a much higher price.Good work and thanks for the helpful information

jfro

Aerial Fun
It may just be me but I don't like the fish eye look and I don't like out of focus. I have purchased 4 GoPro Hero 3+ cameras. The first 3 were sent back because they were out of focus. I got a 4th GoPro Hero 3+ and out of the box, took a pair of pliers to the lens and replaced it with a 5.4mm. Now I don't have the fish eye, it's in focus and on this video, the only thing I added was music. Check out the difference.

did you have to just screw out the old lens and put the new one in or did you have to take your GoPro 3+ apart and put a new lens receptor (?) in.

What was the total cost to get the 5.4 lens in?

jfro

Aerial Fun
That's the lens, thought it needed a camera mod.... I'm with you on waiting out the GP4. I sure hope they give us manual exposure...... I get much better aerials when I manually expose and shoot. I hate blown out clouds. Can bring up underexposed a bit and clean noise, but you can't fix blown out IMO.

kloner

Aerial DP
I have the same one, it's tough to get jello free high res vid but when they do there like a whole different camera

ever wonder what your samsung s5 looks like on a gimbal....

has a weird compression thing when it got overwhelmed by all the tree

skipper1

Replacing the lens takes more guts than skill. Only with the Hero 3+ can you just unscrew the lens and screw the other in. If you want to replace the Hero 3, you'll have to mod the camera. Some suggest taking a hairdryer and heating the lens to soften the glue, that's BS. Just take a pair of needle nose pliers, clamp down on the lens barrel and turn the camera, not the lens.
When you put the new lens, wrap the threads with plumbers tape.
Nope, that is not a Rage Cam Lens. It came AICO. Here's the link & their Facebook page. I paid $89 plus shipping. If you decide to get one, be sure to get IR Cut. The lens is glass.
https://www.facebook.com/aico521?ref=br_tf

http://www.aico-electronics.com/ind...54mm-cctv-lens-for-gopro-3-black-cameras.html

I don't work for any of these guys but think they should slip me an envelope with money in it. Only kidding, of course but secretly wishing something good like that could happen.

jfro

Aerial Fun

That's a pretty nice upgrade for the 3+. I have a 3 and no plans to get the 3+. The internal part is $60 plus the lens, isn't worth it. Will wait for the GoPro 4.

On your footage, the internet footage occasionally shows some lateral stutter. I'm assuming that's not in your original footage.

Thanks for the links to what you bought.

skipper1

I don't blame you for not upgrading your 3 and that's the reason I got the 3+ is so I could do the upgrade. I had heard earlier in the year that the GoPro 4 was to be released in the spring and I was just tired of waiting for a descent camera. I'll also be getting the 4, I heard the middle of October. We'll see.
I don't know what they do to the videos you upload but they never look as good as the original, even the pans don't look as good. In any case, everything is 100% better than it used to be.

Toymaker

Crashologist
Here's my maiden flight with my camera. I have been working on and flying my quad since February. I've got about 20 hours on the quad now and I crashed the other day requiring a new receiver, motor, and 4 props,and complete teardown. So I decided it was time to add a camera, since I had the whole thing apart to locktite ever nut, bolt, and screw. I made a carbon plate and suspended it with Zenmuse isolators. I need to work on my descents. I don't know if I'm just going too fast or I need to tweak my settings/gains.
attachment.php

Here's the video.

Attachments

• DSC02668.jpg
    DSC02668.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 213