ZAxis

That is not a fair representation. The video has been stabilised in post. If you had cleaned the lens before I would probably not have noticed.

My opinion is that it's actually shot on sony with the BOSS system and utilising the remote zoom control as seen in the first few shots. I may be wrong also though...
Lec

ChrisViperM

Video of yesterdays flights with the Sigma 19mm lens (for the Sony Nex5n):

best regards

Ferdinand

I like this one a lot...exactly my stile....it's very interesting how music can change the impression of a video...well done. BTW: What bird and gimbal are you using ?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Freakin' awesome how stable your copter is "walking" around your garden in the first vid right at the beginning....and the best thing is the CLP 1.0. in the second vid. I once watched a video from a friend of mine in Brazil who is talking about how to launch his Cinestar 8 in order not to damage the landing gear.

Watch from 8:20...at that time I was laughing, but it seems with the CLP 1.0 the laugh is over now.....:nevreness:

Shot this over the last two months. Mostly with a CX760 but also had a 5 & 7D on there for a couple clips. Platform is a MK controlled CS8 with 3 axis CS gimbal fitted with early Radian boards. The Radian boards are impressive. Combined with the BOSS of the 760 it's a pretty compelling rig. The 760 does a great job taking care of little pan/tilt hits but it does nothing for the roll axis so it has to be fundamentally solid from the mount and the Radian does a great job. I did stabilize the DSLR clips with about 10% warp in CS6. None of the 760 footage is post stabilized.

nick

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Shot this over the last two months...

Liked that a lot. Interesting and imaginative with real cinematic angles.

I really wanted to like the CX730 (what passes for a CX760 over here) but was disappointed in the pitiful manual options, the useless lens hood that prevents filters from being used and the slightly soft image. Do you just leave yours on Auto or do you select one of the priority exposure modes?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have not been on this thread for s while since I seemed to upset the apple cart a bit!

There are some amazing videos posted here since then, creative, well composed and showing the diversity of these machines. Brilliant. Krieas I hate you! (not really) Awsome stuff matey.
SH again some amazing stuff, well just brilliant every one and whats best of all is the sharing of info.

Dave

Liked that a lot. Interesting and imaginative with real cinematic angles.

I really wanted to like the CX730 (what passes for a CX760 over here) but was disappointed in the pitiful manual options, the useless lens hood that prevents filters from being used and the slightly soft image. Do you just leave yours on Auto or do you select one of the priority exposure modes?

I understand your frustration. If the camera had a true, full manual mode and a bit more latitude it would be nearly perfect. What I would love to have from Sony is a FS100 with BOSS. ;) For that Radian demo I shot most of the footage on manual exposure and manual white balance with the camera selecting the rest. I used B&W pola and UV filters as well so the lens shade was never used.

Earlier today I shot at a local off road rally track. Those guys know how to have fun! All of this footage is from the 760 and it has no post stab whatsoever.

Thank you! I have a Cinestar 8 with a Cinestar 3 axis gimbal. The machine control is via a MK stack and the gimbal control is via the new stabilizer system that FreeFly developed called the Radian. John Cunningham (of CARVEC) is the big brain behind the core functionality of the Radian system. I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him and the guy is just tremendous- good man and truly brilliant.

I've been enjoying this system.

nick

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I knew that John Cunningham had been collaborating with Tabb and 2+2 seemed to add up to the Radian being the fruit of that partnership. I use his CARVEC system on the big Copterworks Heli. And you are right. He is a real gent.

What is the setup procedure of the Radian like? The CARVEC system is quite a handful to get to know.

More then just a collaboration: after years of working with John and his excellent CARVEC systems he joined FreeFly this year as our Chief Software Engineer and is a partner in the company.

His first project working with FF was the Radian.....I can say he set the bar high for his future projects!

http://www.freeflysystems.com/team.php

Graham, just saw your PM on here....sorry I dont check MRF very often! John told me you sorted the issue out though!

Setup of the Radian is very very simple. I will be releasing a mountain of videos prior to product launch. Beta testers have had very few issues setting the system up and the majority of them were due to my incorrect or unclear instructions.

Best,

Tabb

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I understand your frustration. If the camera had a true, full manual mode and a bit more latitude it would be nearly perfect.

From the sony website it seems to describe full manual control. Is the 730E a new model over the 730?

Dave

Shoot like a professional
You're in control of creating beautiful video images. Manually adjust focus, exposure and other settings to match your creative vision. Frame shots in confidence with the detail-packed electronic viewfinder, even in bright sunlight.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Graham, just saw your PM on here....sorry I dont check MRF very often! John told me you sorted the issue out though!

... Setup of the Radian is very very simple. I will be releasing a mountain of videos prior to product launch...

A bit of contretemps there: " very very simple .... mountain of videos ". Oh well, we'll take your word for it.:)

The CARVEC issue was not really "sorted out", more identifying likely cause of the issue and what ultimately looks like a software limitation necessitating a workaround. With JC presumably ultra busy cooking up a 'CARVEC for Multi-Rotors' I doubt that it will ever get straightened out now. Was your upturned CW mount just Tilt & Roll with no Pan? If it was you would not have come across this anomaly.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
From the sony website it seems to describe full manual control. Is the 730E a new model over the 730?

Dave

Shoot like a professional
You're in control of creating beautiful video images. Manually adjust focus, exposure and other settings to match your creative vision. Frame shots in confidence with the detail-packed electronic viewfinder, even in bright sunlight.

Hmm. The full extent of the manual capabilities that I found is:
Manual focus or manual iris or manual shutter speed. You can set one of them and then as soon as you change one of the others to manual the previous one returns to auto. The camera has now been returned so I cannot re-check but it is possible that Manual Focus might stay manual until told to do otherwise. Certainly the iris and shutter speed is an either/or choice.

The very clever** locking lens hood does not permit the use of filters. You would have to find another lens hood. THAT is just plain stupid. You cannot even put a protective skylight or UV on there to prevent the lens getting dirty.

Even if it is only a consumer camera it is at the top end of their range and it is ridiculous to nobble it like that.

** euphemism for extremely fiddly, overly complicated and difficult to install and remove.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Such a bizarre looking event with such weird and fantastic attractions. Must be like filming Alice in Wonderland.

As for the filming itself, superb.