Naza High speed oscillation on qav500 vid

Totality

Does this mean that the Naza is useless with the QAV500? I was looking at putting together a build, but kinda cautious about it now. Was looking at the QAV500, Naza and FM4008 motors with 10" Graup.

It works, just not aswell as i feel it could, juz had told me when i was discussing my build that the naza is ok for hovering around and some cruising, but if you want to fly it then look at other controllers, im still hold my wad for a cc3d whenever they get the software sorted. I have a kk2.0 enroute will have it installed by friday.

Jackella

The KK2 is a great board for manual flying,dare i say it but actually better for FF than my Naza and very easy to setup and adjust with the LCD at the field.
i got quite a shock when i first tried one,amazingly stable in strong winds and none of the Naza wobbles in fast vertical descents,a real bargain.

kloner

Aerial DP
i bought a free flight one i think it was, had smoke pouring out of it just trying to hook up the programer,,,, christ..... naza, no problem, them open source controllers, kloners scared

Jackella

i agree about the Naza being a reliable board,great for FPV,beginners can flyin Atti mode and not worry about losing it.Then when confident can switch to manual.
I must have have had hundreds of reliable flights from mine and adjusted nowt.
Agree on the Opensource firmware,i'm a flier not a computer guy.But the KK2 board aint like that,the latest 1.2 version literally takes about 2 mins. to setup without a computer.
Can be adjusted at the field for agrresive stick control or slow smooth control in about 15 seconds..

SICK, im pumped now lol, Kloner i thought for sure you flew maunal. Ill have vids up in a week or less, should b able to fly this weekend at work... Life is almost too busy to fly, plus im building my zeph 2

Totality

Coming back to this thread - I'm ready to buy a QAV500 and move my Naza over. How are the latest builds? Do people still have problems or does it depend on the motors in use?

gecf343b1

I recently built a QAV500 with Sunnysky 2216-12 KV800 motors, DJI opto 30 ESC's, and a NAZA FC. This combination doesn't seam to play nice with the NAZA. Haven't bent any arms just a few broken props. Messed with the basic and attitude gains on a slider, 10 and 9 inch props, could not find a combination that removed vibrations, and felt dialed in.

I think I'm going to hangar this bad boy and practice setting up and tuning a CC3D on a smaller frame; then when I feel more confident I'll try the CC3D on the QAV500.

Attachments

• qav500.jpg
    qav500.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 324