Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
That's great! I do most of my work one person as well but we are set up to put the DP onto his own set of controls when we have a big shoot. Nice to have both.

Here's a video I quickly put together. The company asked me if I could put together weekly aerial shots showing the progress of the construction. This is week #1 where all they are doing (for a while at least) is leveling the ground and building up the dirt level. It is somewhat long and repetitive, but that's more because of what they asked me to do... which is to give a feel of the construction work (which is quite repetitive as well at this point of the project).

I just noticed they included it on their website:
http://www.geonetric.com/about/greatneighbors/

Last edited by a moderator:

amicu1

Everyone wants to see a crash, as long as it is not their own multirotor :). Here is my hexacopter crashing.

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
I have two crashes with the same oscillation. Thanks for posting this because I've had a hard time finding others that experienced the same issue. I have two crashes that demostrate exactly the same back and forth oscillation until the unit loses control then crashes. I can post them later but I'm in the middle of a job right now, but wanted to get to you as quickly as possible. We ended up replacing our wookong system completely, going to the V2 IMU, which is the big factor. We have had no oscillation problems since, but we have a case for two unexplained crashes, costing us a great deal of money in repairs. Both times battery charge was good, weather conditions, good, just coming home slowly and all of a sudden oscillation and crash. We are attempting to get some compensation for this. You may want to as well.

Jack Tunnicliffe.

Everyone wants to see a crash, as long as it is not their own multirotor :). Here is my hexacopter crashing.
Really sorry about the loss. For me, unless I'm missing something, the issue is simply that you were descending straight down... at least that's what it looks like from the video. Descending straight down is a big problem for MRs and helicopters because you're not flying in "clean" air. There are a lot of thread discussions on this throughout the forum, but the best solution for descending is to do it extremely slowly, or better yet, always have lateral motion (forward/backward/left/right) so that the MR is flying in clean air. (Sorry, "clean air" and "dirty air" are airplane and helicopter pilot terms.) Another way out of the oscillations caused by coming straight down is to apply thrust to climb above the dirty air. And this applies to pretty much any FC as it has little to do with the FC; even a manually flown full size helicopter will have the same problem is the helicopter descends too quickly into its prop wash.
Sorry if I'm misinterpreting the situation you were in, and I'm especially sorry for your loss.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It has taken a while for this to get published. Partnered up with Aerial Visioneering of Atlanta, Georgia to film the aerials for this Norfolk Southern music video last March.

When I say 'aerials', it was actually more like jib, crane and tracking moves. Anywhere there is a moving camera - except for the train driver's cab view - that was us!

We went to this fireworks show only to take pictures so all but two of the batteries were used to do pics. From the material coming from the two remaining batteries we got this, hope you like it!

Thanks very much MombasaFlash. A compliment from you counts double. For this video my friend used After Effects for the first time, all the other videos have been edited with Edius.
Ciao!
Claudio

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Soaringclauz, love the fireworks, beautifully captured. It's got me thinking of an idea... I wonder how high the fireworks go and if it's possible to hover above them and look straight down, that would look pretty unusual I think.... might give it a go with an old quad and gopro first. :)