Photohigher skyline rsgs

SamaraMedia

Well I'm out of the loop for a while after a major wipe-out over the weekend. Too many issues to address at this point. ALL operator induced...I'll keep monitoring the thread but likely not further testing until I get my FC operating properly again. Lots of violent shaking and no control of my F550/NAZA.

nicwilke

Its in beta rite now, I'm a guinea pig. They are flat chat, so I'm doing a few tests.
So, sit tight, its really cool... Its way better but I'm to report it back to them before we all go off cocky....
I'll get my findings into them in a day or so, and I think its ready to come out of the oven.

I've sent beta firmware for 1.5 out to a handful of people. Once I hear back from them and there are no glaringly obvious issues that need to be dealt with I can send it out to more people to test. Hopefully will be releasing it on the website early next year. Here's a quick test we did.

It's not perfect but does show it holding up to some heavy accelerations. The multirotor tips over enough to hit the mechanical limits of the roll in a couple of cases. Got some good weather today so I'll try and improve the gains and test fly it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcmike

Shows potential! I've got an RSGS on a 3X Pro V2 gimbal and it's working pretty well if I fly around really smoothly but if I do quick movements it doesn't work so well. Can't wait for this.

nicwilke

Hahaha, Oh Brendon, you want us to fly like we've stolen our aircrafts... LOL. Thats some serious rodeo stuff, and it holds well.
My tests are not quite aggressive, I'm testing as if i'm using it for a commercial shot. So far, I'm loving the better roll while panning. ie: aileron-sideways flying and rudder at the same time doesnt seem to stall the roll anymore.

More test in about an hour.

Hahaha, Oh Brendon, you want us to fly like we've stolen our aircrafts... LOL. Thats some serious rodeo stuff, and it holds well.
My tests are not quite aggressive, I'm testing as if i'm using it for a commercial shot. So far, I'm loving the better roll while panning. ie: aileron-sideways flying and rudder at the same time doesnt seem to stall the roll anymore.

More test in about an hour.

Our FW550 is too unstable to be good for much else. When we get a chance to test it on our SJ8 we should be able to fly it a lot more smoothly.

Can't wait to see some test footage from other machines.

tombrown1

I've sent beta firmware for 1.5 out to a handful of people. Once I hear back from them and there are no glaringly obvious issues that need to be dealt with I can send it out to more people to test. Hopefully will be releasing it on the website early next year. Here's a quick test we did.

It's not perfect but does show it holding up to some heavy accelerations. The multirotor tips over enough to hit the mechanical limits of the roll in a couple of cases. Got some good weather today so I'll try and improve the gains and test fly it again.

Looks good to me. My RSGS takes about 3-4 seconds after an acceleration to level the horizon out. Very frustrating. Hopefully this FW fixes it! Can't wait.

TB

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Our FW550 is too unstable to be good for much else. When we get a chance to test it on our SJ8 we should be able to fly it a lot more smoothly.

Can't wait to see some test footage from other machines.

Send me a copy of 1.5 and I'll give it a go on my Cinestar 6/AV130. So far it's working quite well with the 1.2 as long as I fly smoothly as in this GoPro3 test vid, would be nice to be able to just fly and not worry about how the gimbal will respond...

Ken

Hello!
Anyone having the latest schematics of the skyline loom? I need to check the connection of the pan servo signal to the skyline (now is on X1-17, is that correct?)
Thanks in advance for any help
Claudio

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
First test flight with beta firmware 1.5. Last night I loaded the firmware, did the level settings and autotune, this afternoon I put the GoPro Hero3 on the platform in 1440 48fps Protune mode and went out front to see if there's any diffference between the new firmware and the 1.2 that I had loaded previously. The answer is yes, there's a huge difference! This video is unedited from that first flight and all of the RSGS settings are still at the factory defaults that are set in the 1.5 firmware, or in other words I have done absolutely no tuning of the RSGS with the new firmware loaded, this is basically out of the box performance. I used the 1440 mode to get the Cinestar frame in the picture so the motion of the frame can be seen and compared to what the AV130 camera platform is doing. I made no attempt to fly smoothly, just put it in the air and twirl the sticks a bit to see if I could make it misbehave, it didn't...

The weather is heading downhill here, again, looks like it may snow soon. Next thing I want to do is get out in the field with the Sony Nex 5N on the platform still without doing any tuning to see the result with significantly more weight on the AV130, unfortunately that is probably going to have to wait a day or two since it's almost dark now and tomorrows weather doesn't look promising for APV flight.

Ken

nicwilke

I'm getting similar to you Ken, Mine looked even tidier as I've nipped up the roll a little quicker. Going nuts with turns, I've also used hard aileron movement while yawing to trick this thing, and still its staying flat. Video to follow this weekend of what I've done so far. I think its about perfect now.

Macsgrafs

Ken that's seriously impressive mate, I'm glad you spun it around on the spot, because thats where my 1.2.2 version normally falls down, fingers crossed ;)

Ross

mmalik4

FW 1.5 GOT SKYLINE YESTERDAY....... EMail me the firmware

Send me a copy of 1.5 and I'll give it a go on my Cinestar 6/AV130. So far it's working quite well with the 1.2 as long as I fly smoothly as in this GoPro3 test vid, would be nice to be able to just fly and not worry about how the gimbal will respond...

Ken

Hey RTryder..... Could you please also send me the copy ...... It would be much apprreciated