MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Must be a 360 gimbal.

Difficult to say. Depends whether it is a one-man or two man setup. The extreme distances suggest FPV - which needs a fixed camera. All the 360's, backwards tracks and generally deliberately framed shots suggest a gimballed 360 camera mount but the occasional shadows do not reveal a huge camera mass underneath what I reckon, from the nimble flying, must be a quad. In the 'Testing 1 2' video the props are visible at the beginning and later they are not. This suggests at least a Tilt stabilized camera.

In 'Up & Up Early in Venice' is that the pilot hunched over right at the end on the steps? If it is where is the camera operator? But if it is a one-man show, how the hell does he fly all those circles and backwards and under rails and arches etc.

Whatever, this is really brilliant use of the platform and a benchmark for everyone here.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Must be a modified GoPro because the videos don't have that hideous barrelling. If he is using a simple setup like that, the guy is a genius pilot. A product of the PlayStation generation.

Not to forget that we are looking at an HD video whereas he would be looking at a reasonably crappy VGA image on his goggles. He must know that beach backwards and where all the rails and stuff that he flies under and around.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
GH2 88Mbit Unified hack.

I am curious to know whether or not these GH2 videos you are showing here have been treated with any post-stabilisation. They are remarkably steady and smooth. I have just ordered another two cameras because the only way to know for sure what they produce is to see first-hand. A Panasonic X900 camcorder and a Panasonic GH2. One of them will be returned.

What is an "88Mbit unified hack"?

Kari

Hi Jeff,

Looks very good. Which shooting mode did you use? Hbr or fsh? I've lately tested driftwoods sedna b and it is awesome but was too unstabile with my cl10 35mbs sandisk and cl10 transcend. Now i've been testing cluster v1 orion and it's looking very stabile for now with my cards.

Kari

astenwall

A 360 around Bromma in Stockholm. Nice warm evening without any wind. Cinestar 8 with Sony NEX-5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Nice work astenwall:)

It always amazes me how many of those trampolines you see in peoples gardens around the world.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dan its hard one to tell what is giving you these last little jumps. Best way to find you is to strap down the gimbal and switch the servos off. So cam is on the gimbal but no movement is allowed. Take it for a flight and analysis the video.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
very nice krleas !!! Whats with the swans ? Never seen so many on one spot :) I guess they now were it is nice!

Aeroxcraft

In this video I mounted the gimbal facing backwards to get a shot of the underside of the Quad-670. It really shows how much work the gimbal is doing in flight.

Also I'm trying out the AXi 2814/22 motors with 13"x6.5 APC props and 2x 4000mah 4s lipos. This quad has some serious lifting power now. Spent a bit of time fine tuning the gains on the quad which now has a completely different 'feel' with the bigger motors.

Spec:
Aeroxcraft Quad-670 multirotor
Aeroxcraft GoPro Tilt & Roll camera gimbal
Tilt & Roll servos - Futaba S3156 Digital
DJI Wookong M
4x AXi 2814/22 motors
4x APC - 13x6.5 props
2x Turnigy 4000mAh 4S1P 20C lipo batteries
4x Hobbywing Pentium 40amp ESC

Wow! Everybody had awesome weather this weekend!
Here is my eye candy from yesterday.

Cheers,
Jeff

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bit of FPV.. Trying to play catch up with Juz! Opps! last set of Graupners fitted!