They advertise 24mb for this format, but this flight was around 21ish average. Still want to try the new hack to the higher bit rates.

Cheers,
Jeff

A quick test flight with the Nex7 on our Cinestar 6 hexacopter to check for vibrations/moire/focus etc....
I used the new Sony Nex7 with the 18-55 lens.
This was shot at 1080 60P, manual at 1/125, f9, iso400, auto focus, WB at cloudy and Vivid for scene.
Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Jeff,

Nice smooth footage with rich colours. However, the exposure seems a bit dark for my liking but I notice most Nex footage seems to be like that. You folks have done quite a bit of experimenting with different cameras for video. ...so far what setup (camera/lens) gives you the best video quality for AP?

I think the Vivid gives it a bit of a darker Cine gamma - probably should have used a neutral scene. I need a nice day to see how it looks with better lighting.

Cheers,
Jeff

Macsgrafs

Jeff, it seems fine on my notebook, maybe a lower F stop might help here, but its perfectly watchable to me.

Merry xmas
Ross

DennyR

Plays perfect on both my macs and PC's. I did see some frame jumps but that is probably just video compression for vimeo

Merry Xmas Jeff
D.

Av8Chuck

A quick test flight with the Nex7 on our Cinestar 6 hexacopter to check for vibrations/moire/focus etc....
I used the new Sony Nex7 with the 18-55 lens.
This was shot at 1080 60P, manual at 1/125, f9, iso400, auto focus, WB at cloudy and Vivid for scene.
Cheers,
Jeff

Very nice. There appears to be some weirdness going on with the bottom 3 or 4 scan lines of the NEX7 footage, since it doesn't appear in the ground footage of the NEX7 with a different camera, it's probably not a compression issue. Likely related to stabilization or the NEX7 has a problem.

I'm curious what you think of the NEX7 compared to the NEX5N?

Av8Chuck

I don't know how much better that might be than the 5N, but that's quite impressive.

Online there's no way to tell that was ISO3200. Does using the slower frame rate make a difference in exposure?

Thanks for sharing more of your work with us.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Ilbr22 whats your set up.. bit of jello there but nice shooting... why cant we have weather like that!

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
How failsafe saved my *** today :)

Took the bird up for a quick one, RC carbon HEXA WKM. S-bus cable got loose guess because i was playing with picloc yesterday loosening some cable by accident. After take off you will notice some harsch jump that was stage one were s-bus signal was lost. Funny thing was he started to climb to 30m landed again, i had a big smile on my face, but it took off again :) my smile was gone. He did the whole failsafe routine a second time. Once it landed the second time i just held it to the ground hopping i dont get into the props trying to reach the Lipo.

Sorry about the jello/vibrations, but being spoiled by the CS cam mounts i didnt balance the props and the silicon mounts on my MEXA seem not to work as good in temps around -5 celsius.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
You should have seen my face from point one were i noticed no more response from the radio on the copter to the point were he started a fail safe routine. Close to crying and than a smile on the face. The auto take off i can only explain that it shortly had a connection again to s-bus cable and lost it again which triggered the second fails safe routine.

The whole time two strangers were standing behind me that i had to explain to that the thing is out of control and best would be if they hide in side my car :) They didn't they walked away fast :)

llbr22

@Ilbr22 whats your set up.. bit of jello there but nice shooting... why cant we have weather like that!

Dave

Ya, most of the jello is from the post stabilization.. .my gains were not set up well that day.

here, I added my setup to my signature.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
From a very unfruitful trip to Fort William to get footage but gales rain and sleet made the 14 hour round trip a waist of time.. hu hum.. had a great Homaney though!

Managed to get this bit in between the storms.. filmed with DJI WKM 450 framewheel and hard mounted GP2.. guestimated wind 20/25mph.. with the odd stronger gust the quad flew better than I expected but had some serious effort to get it back after a down wind run! Strongest wind I have ever flown in but we live and learn

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Looks familiar ;)

At least there were no midgies.

Though it was perfect for flying when we stayed,no wind every night for a week :)