WKM firmware version 5.0 is available

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just doing some gain changes on the AD6 and the updsate message popped up, version 5.0 for WKM is avalable for download. According to thge documentation here's what's new...

What’s new?
 Intelligent Orientation Control: Yaw Lock; Home Lock.
 Open multi waypoints flight right by S/N

Sounds like some form of "Carefree" mode and multiple waypoint flight for Click and Go. Haven't downloaded it yet, I'll wait until I get the AD6 sorted first.

Ken

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Wow, that was quick! I just mentioned carefree mode in Daves wish list and it's here already...those guys are damn good :)

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Wow, that was quick! I just mentioned carefree mode in Daves wish list and it's here already...those guys are damn good :)

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not be what it sounds like though, I haven't had a chance to read the manual yet to see if it really is what MK calls carefree mode. It sounds like it from the short description in what's new but it could have lost (or gained) something in the translation from Mandarin to English!

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Would like to think my thread initiated this but I doubt it.. They are on the ball and probably ten steps infront of everyone in this game.. May be as well as Vendor of the year there should be a manufacturer of the year vote...

Dave

swisser

I've read the manual and it absolutely is a "care free" mode. You can manually set a baseline direction in flight (by toggling a switch repeatedly) or automatically 30 seconds after power up. You can also set a baseline direction based on the startup orientation, again either manually with a toggling switch action, or automatically based on the position at startup. You can then choose between these two baselines in flight. It doesn't say it explicitly but it implies you can have both baselines set at once and choose between them at any time. The course lock works in GPS and Atti modes (not in manual), the home lock only works in GPS mode. The home lock only works when at least 10m from home.

Good news I reckon and closes one of the big gaps between WKM and MK.

From one brief reading, I think there is a mistake in the manual, whereby they use the terms "yaw lock" and "course lock" interchangeably.

swisser

Weather permitting and dependent on a bunch of other mundane things, I might be able to do one this weekend.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I'll give it try tomorrow if the weather is okay...even if it's not I'll try :)

I first have to make sure she flies okay with the new props and everything is dialled in...

Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
OMG...I have just read, re-read and then read again, the new instructions....

I'm not entirely sure if anyone here is going to understand how to get this working! There are so many options, settings etc it's going to require a college degree to get working!

I think I might just have another glass of wine, go to bed and try again in the morning!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I think I might just have another glass of wine, go to bed and try again in the morning!!

@ Gunter I just cracked another tinny and came to the same conclusion...

I guess Ill give it all ago tomorrow and try beat Ken to work it out and explain... mmm me against a Time Lord.. guess Ill loose..... again!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
One disappointment: The damn gimbal drift/GPS lock problem still has not been fixed.

@Gary..I know it does it while it is on the ground but once it is up in the air the giros have chance to sort um selves out and seem to behave.. well they do on mine. I think the hunting is only when the giros are looking for something to change and get board doing nowt.. as soon as they have a problem to solve they behave. I dont see any hunting in a hover

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
@ Gunter I just cracked another tinny and came to the same conclusion...

I guess Ill give it all ago tomorrow and try beat Ken to work it out and explain... mmm me against a Time Lord.. guess Ill loose..... again!

Dave

Nope, I've got it Dave. That 4th glass of wine cleared everything up! Just cracked a bottle of Thatchers vintage, and here goes..read carefully!!

There are 2 modes, course lock and home lock. Course lock only works in the forward direction, so if you set home position, it will only fly directly forward and back directly in front of you. So for example, if you want to, say, turn 45 degrees to the left, the heli will still only fly forward and back in relation to your initial position, not at 45 degrees from you.

Home lock seems better. Wherever the heli is, it will always fly directly away from you, so draw a straight line between you (or the home position) and it will always fly along that line. It doesn't matter if you first fly forward, then fly 45 degrees to the left, it will always orientate itself in a straight line between itself and home...brilliant!

You have to have a spare 2 or 3 position switch to use this function. I only have a 2 pos switch, but that suits me fine, as I reckon I only want to fly home lock. On your rx, connect that port to the MC in the X2 position.
Upgrade your assistant software and download the latest firmware. In autopilot, enable "intelligent orientation control" and then check that when you flick your second switch, it moves from "off" to "home lock"

In the field:
Power up and wait for a satellite lock. You need minimum 1 red flash. Once it has at least 1 red flash for 8 seconds, it will flash green quickly a few times and that means home position is locked. If you for some reason decide that you need to move your launch location because of the obligatory audience, move to the new position and wiggle your 2/3 position switch 3-5 times and you will get another quick flashing green light. That means it's locked to the new home position.

Now, it seems you have to fly in gps/atti mode. I'll confirm tomorrow when I try. So, flick into GPS mode and take off. Home lock will only work when it is more than 10 metres away from the home position. So, if you flick your switch when it's too close, it will only work when it's out of the 10 metre range. (That's about 33 feet for non metric peeps ;) )

Now, according to the instructions, even if you turn 90 degrees to the left or the right, it will always fly in an imaginary straight line between the home position and itself. You can turn off home lock to fly normally, then turn it back on if you fancy.

If you yaw too much in your haste to make sure it works, the white light will flash. Stop yawing for a few seconds, it will sort itself out and then carry on flying.

I hope that I have covered everything...for my sake as I will be trying it tomorrow :)

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@UP Gunter.. ill go have to get me glasses and another glass to comprehend!

I am all packed now for a flying session tomorrow so I guess Ill wait till I have done that before the upgrade..

Looks a great interpretation.. go for it buddy and post before Ken sorts it out! ;-)

Happy flying for Tomorrow...

Dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
If you yaw too much in your haste to make sure it works, the white light will flash. Stop yawing for a few seconds, it will sort itself out and then carry on flying.

Gunter.

So how does one distingush this flashing white light from the one that randomly appears for no reason at all? ;)

Ken