Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Pablo74

Restarting is simply plugging USB cord out and in again. I suspect the firmware fails to upgrade for some unknown reason, although flashmagic doesn't show anything being wrong..

Hi zeng,this could also be a hypothesis,
at least firmware update flash magic shows progress and when finished.
A minimum of debugging errors I hope to have it made​​!
I have tried with different firmware, but the result is always the same :(

Help me please !
I have just done the update! Program has been loaded! Then I pulled USB cable and plugged back in! no longer function! LED is lit, white and red after a short time only, as in boot mode!

Picloc does not function anymore! help please

greeting

Dimitri

Thanks for the quick response! I'm in the club!? There is possibility to instalation old software? or in part for 370 € now :-( scrap.

Have now all the people to perform the update?

greeting

Dimitri

GeorgeM

Hi PPL.. I was unavailable for some days as I was out of home on big job.

Contacted my webmaster.... they're doing server upgrades. Website should be up again soon.... ( nothing new in it.....just as yet :) )

As I came back.. I am now checking my inbox ( Awwwww!!!!)
Support emails first are replied, then others .

Re Piclocs getting stuck in what seems like bootloader mode.... this is very strange, and was not encountered by anyone..till now.
I am asking people with this Picloc issue to contact me for a quick Skype call to resolve this issue that they may have which could be PC related.

Updates.... yes... in the pipeline.
Both for firmware ( Thanks Snurre ( page 98 post ) )
and for new products.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi PPL.. I was unavailable for some days as I was out of home on big job.

Contacted my webmaster.... they're doing server upgrades. Website should be up again soon.... ( nothing new in it.....just as yet :) )

As I came back.. I am now checking my inbox ( Awwwww!!!!)
Support emails first are replied, then others .

Re Piclocs getting stuck in what seems like bootloader mode.... this is very strange, and was not encountered by anyone..till now.
I am asking people with this Picloc issue to contact me for a quick Skype call to resolve this issue that they may have which could be PC related.

Updates.... yes... in the pipeline.
Both for firmware ( Thanks Snurre ( page 98 post ) )
and for new products.

is there any possibility to revive Picloc? or what can I do? load old software, or can, what should we do during FlashMaxig? There is description, or you can make manual!

please help GeorgM

Pablo74

Hi George thanks for your mail, the problem is not a matter of software unless you put on the website incorrect versions, and this only you know.
Flash magic apparently the firmware is written, but experts are you :)
I'm waiting

so

I've chased the file in the boot loader software 2012_04_07_P3X_V56_70_STD_x3.hex! then simply start Flash Magic or fill unused Flash switched and on! Now he is running again!!!!!

whether this is correct?? no matter!

greeting

Dimi

GeorgeM

The world is so small..... ( a local native saying.....)
Was on a skype with one of the guys that has the issue mentioned above.

Ticking 'Fill Unused Flash' in FlashMagic got the Picloc back to life.

This procedure with Fill Unused Flash needs only to be done once... It will re-allign the processor memory banks.

The original cause may have been a corrupted previous firmware upload..... example.... playing music or a video file, browsing etc.. while doing a firmware upgrade... on a not so powerful PC.... like a netbook.

One thing to be aware of.
Normally, a firmware upgrade takes less then 2 minutes.
Picloc is only using 21% of its memory right now with current firmware v56_76
(21% = many future goodies were planned.... that's why I didn't skimp on choosing the cheapest and smallest processor )

With 'Fill Unused Flash' it takes much more time than 2 minutes.. Have not measured it yet. but its less than 10 minutes.
So make sure your laptop is not doing other stuff when doing the firmware upload... at least only for the time when you've selected 'fill unused flash'.

zeng

Just finished the firmware update after an hour spent with George on Skype trying to sort it out. Great support, and look forward to more of the goodies for the picloc!

Pablo74

after consulting with George picloc took the life :)
problem updating firmware flashmagic
needed to select the option "Fill unused flash"
thanks
George

Fredasss

hello,
my picloc is working almost well, but I have a new problem.
I was planning to setup my picloc directly where I'm flying with a jetibox, more easy setup than using the computer.
but, I've buyed a jetibox mini, and the jetibox says waiting for device.
I've searched to find the answer, in this post we can find a george solution, consit of removing R2 and replace it by some wire or solder.
I've done it but the jetibox still waiting for device...
I've seen some pics of people who make it work, but I haven't find the solution.

so the wire in the back of the jetibox mini is connected to alimentation, and the wire "ext" is connected to the picloc.

can the jetibox users help me ? maybe george also. thanks.

AlexeiD

Hi George
We talked via email two weeks ago. I sent you a couple of emails recently. Can you check your email again?
- Alexey Danilin

Fredasss

about my jetiminibox issues: thanks to peterd, the solution is to ad a switch to the power of the jeti box to allow picloc initialising first, and then power on the jetiminibox after picloc intialised, and enjoy, it works.
if jeti is powered before or same time of picloc it will says : "waiting for dev"

George I need your help. Picloc was working fine till Friday, then on Saturday when I powered it up it just did not respond. It comes on with the White and Red LEDs> I tried reflashing the firmware a few times with fill unused flash ticked, and still no joy at all. Also I notice that the LEDS start flashing (all of them) if its left connected to the USB for a while.

Have emailed you about this as well.