Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Seems you are using mismatching firmware and TOOLz.

You should be using The Toolz and Firmware from this link. : HERE

Taycuphach, those videos were done long ago... and Toolz and Firmware have been superseded.
New ones are being made which compliment the upcoming version of Toolz with File Save/Load.
My apologies for delays.

What can I say George :) Fanstatic customer service.

Thank alot for your support and waiting for your instruction video given the new toolz is quite difference with the old one and when I press connect in the tool, the parameter X Y Z does not change (even when I sake the picloc) :)

Cheers,

Cuon

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Not so happy with the result :(

I mounted everything on the Droid AD6 and tried it with the gopro. One time witouth picloc - pretty stable (did a lot of tweaking) and then with picloc enabled and it looks horrible. It shakes a lot back and forth. Any idea whats wrong ?

The video with picloc starts around 1:10

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Not so happy with the result :(

I mounted everything on the Droid AD6 and tried it with the gopro. One time witouth picloc - pretty stable (did a lot of tweaking) and then with picloc enabled and it looks horrible. It shakes a lot back and forth. Any idea whats wrong ?....

Looks to me as if you have a vibration problem. The camera is being held pretty well in both Roll and Tilt, so PL seems to be doing its main job OK. The vibration is also evident in the PL OFF part of the clip. It shows up as wavy wobbles in the image or 'jello'. Perhaps PL is set a little bit too sensitive. It can happen that stabilisation looks reasonable but everything is just a bit too 'nervous'.

To set the gain put a spirit level on the camera plate and Tilt the MR back (or Roll it), adjusting the Gain slider so that the spirit level stays level. So that it compensates enough but not too much. Then try reducing the Acceleration a bit.

meme

Hmm the spirit level is working pretty good in the dry test. There might be slight vibration in the PL of part but it's no way that wobbly and shaky as with PL on !

Have anybody got any instruction video on how to install the picloc 3x with latest Picloc Toolz. When I connect the USB to computer and press connect, the parametter X Y Z does not change anything and even when I shake the picloc those data was not react :(

Have I done anything wrong ? Do I need to install anything before plug the picloc to the computer :)

Thanks,

Cuong

Have anybody got any instruction video on how to install the picloc 3x with latest Picloc Toolz. When I connect the USB to computer and press connect, the parametter X Y Z does not change anything and even when I shake the picloc those data was not react :(

Have I done anything wrong ? Do I need to install anything before plug the picloc to the computer :)

Thanks,

Cuong

Did you install the Picloc USB driver? It's here Windows XP S2K3 Vista 7 latest version (incl 64bit)

I find that sometimes I have to click the "refresh ports" button in tools before the correct com port is shown. Hope that helps

Should it because of the bootloader ? I am using the "2012_02_20_P3X_HD55_PRO.hex" and not sure whether it is the latest one.

One of the thing that I concern is whether I have to install the windowinstaller 3.1 however when I download it from the net and try to install it, the computer keeps saying not enough resource :(

You need to make sure that your using the correct version of tools to match the picloc software. I suggest you download the latest version of the picloc firmware and the matching tools and try again. its v56.76 now

You need to make sure that your using the correct version of tools to match the picloc software. I suggest you download the latest version of the picloc
firmware and the matching tools and try again. its v56.76 now

Hi,

May I have the link to download it ? I tried to found it in the rotorpics but can not find it :(

Use the link George gave you in this post #939

Or better yet log in to the rotorpics website, after logging in, the links are on the first page.

Use the link George gave you in this post #939

Or better yet log in to the rotorpics website, after logging in, the links are on the first page.

It's the picloc Toolz and I have downloaded it :( My concern is whether my current firmware is up to date because I can see some more firmware in the following link

http://rotorpics.com/p3xv56/firmware/Previous__Firmwares/

However, I can not download it :( when I click it just appears text file :( Could there is something wrong with the website :(

Anybody has the latest firmware please help to share.

It's a hex file, so if you left click on it it will open as text. Try to right click on it and use save as or save target file as and it should work. Or pm me you email and I can mail it to you.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has tried using a DX7 with satelite Rx to control picloc? If it is not yet supported, when might it be? (George)
Thanks

GeorgeM

Hi Graham,

DX7 is in the list of Supported radios.... so it should work. If it does not for your DX7, I'd really appreciate 15 mins with you on skype, to fix it also on your ( and perhaps others' ) DX7.
So that this will be added to next firmware v56_78, which I've been working intensively on, during the last weeks.

56_78 should see me re-elected to 'Vice President' ( !!LOL!! ) since most of the features and functions that were asked for are now successfully working over here :)

Currently working on A LOT of good things..... !! Stay tuned :):):)