Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
...Sometimes the gimbal homeposition just moves away on roll during flight, camera is than hanging sideways and you have to hold the roll stick to keep it in horizontal level. You can't do anything, go to home does nothing, and you have to come down and turn Picloc off and on, to get the original horizontal home position back. Annoying...

Interesting. I had precisely the same problem with the big heli. Everything seemed to be working reasonably well until the camera rolled and tilted off to the right and stayed there. It would not react to any commands and necessitated landing and turning PL off and on again. It did it twice. Haven't looked at it since. So it will no doubt do it again.

Had to take some website photos of the hardware, here is one of the AD-8 / AV200/360 combo:

054.dw_1.jpg

GeorgeM

Something must have happened to make the PL loose its orientation.... if it lost orientation, then of course.. the camera will tilt or roll, depending on how much the deviation was.
Did you plug the USB once landed to see what was the cause.. from the sensor's readout ??

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Did you plug the USB once landed to see what was the cause..

No. Too many other things to get done that day. The weather is so piss-unreliable that stuff piles up waiting to get checked out when the wind/rain stops for more than 20 minutes.

rene.m

2) This is a question.... Do you have a very soft vibe isolator ??

What is a very soft vibe-isolator? I think, it should be explained (with pictures), what is soft and hard.
When i read "a very soft" one, how soft is it? and: if it is very soft, is it safe sticked or will it fall off during flying? with or without screws? just a tape?
For example: HeliCommand sells their stuff with a who-to-fix-manual and a tape or something.

I guess, here is a worked out manual/video or whatever necessary, because many people have problems with it and don't know how to fix picloc on the mount.

Remoteworks

Hi George,

On closer inspection 1 of the pl had a lose cpu leg. After re-soldering it gave a good working pan with the latest fw.
Don't no why the other pl did have the same problem, still looking into that.

RW

Hi all,

Finally I have received the picloc 3x pro after long waiting :) I have been impressed by video in the net about it capability however when I receive it, it do not have any thing except the picloc box (no manual instruction or detail guidance) so I am a bit confuse where should I start to install this ?

I have come to rotorpics.com however the website itself also a little bit difficult for me to understand :(

May I have your support to show me the steps I have to follow to install the picloc, It would be highly appreciated if you could list down the hardware I need to have given now I only have the picloc (no USB, jetibox in my hand)

Thanks a lot for your support and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Cheers,

Cuong

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Hi Cuong, THanks for your post. Yes.. everyone received his Picloc like you did.

I will email you with a short document I'm preparing.

However... Please watch the old tutorial videos that are on my website right now... They are a good start.

Please email me as well... because I do not know your name, and probably you got your Picloc from a distro.
You can get my email from the website.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Finally I have received the picloc 3x pro after long waiting :) I have been impressed by video in the net about it capability however when I receive it, it do not have any thing except the picloc box (no manual instruction or detail guidance) so I am a bit confuse where should I start to install this ? ...

There are a number of videos on the rotorpics website that explain installation and configuration procedures. Take the time to download them all to your computer so that you can refer to them at any time. Also download and install the latest firmware update. There is also a video on how to update firmware and links to external sites for necessary software.

Initial configuration must be done with a computer. The JetiBox port does not access all parameters and is mostly intended for small changes at the flying field without having to lug around a computer.

Good Luck.

Piranha

Hi all,

Finally I have received the picloc 3x pro after long waiting :)

Cuong

Lucky you are! :) I could not get mine despite all my efforts!!! :( Mister George, how can I finally get one??? You've promised me one by e mail half year ago but no any answers after that :(
I really want one!!! And hope to get one this year ;)

Hi George and all,

I have finished to install the picloc firmware per the explaination video however when I open the picloc Toolz and after the calibration the program returns a message like this.

"Value of '6000' is not valide for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value."

Have any body experience any type of this message and what is your solution.

Thanks a lot for your support so far.

GeorgeM

Seems you are using mismatching firmware and TOOLz.

You should be using The Toolz and Firmware from this link. : HERE

Taycuphach, those videos were done long ago... and Toolz and Firmware have been superseded.
New ones are being made which compliment the upcoming version of Toolz with File Save/Load.
My apologies for delays.