XAircraft Super X yaw left constantly???

traxx2003

Hello! Yesterday I finished assembling my M480 with SuperX controller and now every time I takeoff, regardless of flight mode my quad will start a slow left rotation while holding position. I calibrated ESC's, radio calibration also accomplished, as well as the initial setup and all Super X calibrations by the book. Could I have a bad ESC? I did noticed that every time the left yaw rotation started I could hear one motor accelerating slightly higher than the rest. When rotation starts there is nothing I can do to counteract, except land.

Amerly

Are you sure your motors are properly aligned ? I had the same problem motor alignment solved it...

Good luck !

traxx2003

Amerly, yes my motors are perfectly aligned, but even if they werent I doubt that unbalanced motors could be the cause of my particular problem, check the video below and black box. Notice that all the yaw movements the quad made inflight were not the result of any inputs from the radio, it was all on its own. And if I press the rudder stick in order to counteract the yaw movement, it made no difference. In fact the quad is unresponsive to any rudder inputs.

video:

Black Box: http://log.xaircraft.cn/#2015_05_03_061320.069_49.2.02.39
http://log.xaircraft.cn/report.htm#2015_05_03_061320.069_49.2.02.39

fltundra

Amerly, yes my motors are perfectly aligned, but even if they werent I doubt that unbalanced motors could be the cause of my particular problem, check the video below and black box. Notice that all the yaw movements the quad made inflight were not the result of any inputs from the radio, it was all on its own. And if I press the rudder stick in order to counteract the yaw movement, it made no difference. In fact the quad is unresponsive to any rudder inputs.

video:

Black Box: http://log.xaircraft.cn/#2015_05_03_061320.069_49.2.02.39

Your motors are not aligned. Look at your motor outputs and compare them to mine and you will see.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 253

traxx2003

Jwoike, question, on the test flight I recorded while testing the quad, I noticed that the quad would not respond to any rudder inputs, but it would respond as expected when applying any other control movements. Now, considering that the FC is able to hold altitude and position, what do you think could be causing the unresponsiveness to any rudder control inputs? Could this be related to a bad compass sensor?

traxx2003

Darson thanks for responding, I'm not too familiar with some of the terminology that the black box displays, do you know what does that "G" gain @123% represents? Since I've been trying to resolve this for three days now, I went ahead and reset back to default all settings on both the FC and Futaba radio and setup everything as if it was a brand new setup. FC gain settings are set to 1.0 for all four just like the default setup. Do you think this could be caused by a faulty compass sensor? The quad however is able to hold position while on GPS mode, she just won't stop spinning while holding altitude and position.

SamaraMedia

traxx2000, sorry but I'm no help on this one, I'm just learning this flight control and logs too

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
When you say that the Rudder (yaw) stick provides no control.... this is the problem!
If the aircraft is not responding to a control from the TX then you need to look at that channel...
Is the RUDD channel properly configured to RDD on the RX?
Is there some TRIM added to the RUDD channel in the TX?
I believe the simplest way to fix this would be to start from scratch with a NEW MODEL in the TX and check each channel with a servo connected directly to the RX and make certain that they are properly mapped.
Then connect each servo lead to the SUPERX as shown in the manual. Futaba connect differently than Spectrum..etc.
Then do a complete calibration.... Direction & End points as indicated in the manual and the online videos....
Sometimes, you just have to strip things down and start over with the basics to figure out what has gone wrong...

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Fltundra... thanks for that... but it just adds to the thought that something is really wrong... full left/right trim???
Linkage adjustment shifted all the way to left or right??
I can say I am surprised that with 100% that it is not yawing much faster...
I wonder if he connected a servo to the RX if it would show the same movement???
I would still start over with a new model and go step by step....that is the easiest way to make sure all is set-up correctly
Something is strange...a setting in the TX... This is my guess..
Please post when you can confirm if a servo connected to the RX is showing the same behavior or if you decide to start over if this solves the issue...

fltundra

Even when his sticks are centered . His motor outputs are 40%spread. M1 and M3 are fighting against M2 and M4.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 227

traxx2003

Guys I really appreciate all your inputs!! Hexacrafter, I did check my Futaba 14SG, and all rudder trims & subtrims were all 0. I will however follow your advice and completely reset my radio back to factory settings and start from the beginning. Now, I m using the SBus connection between the FC and the Futaba receiver, so not sure if this would make a difference. Also suspecting of a potentially bad ESC, I did re calibrated all ESC's using the transmitter method, all four calibrated as expected, and all four accelerate from cutoff to WOT exactly the same with no issues. This pretty much rules out ESC/ motor problems. Right? I will post once I conduct a test flight following the transmitter reprogram.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Just another thought....
Are you starting with a Airplane or Heli profile?
Use Airplane.....
Many radios automatically use tail rotor mix (rudder) in the profile.... could this be the issue?