Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

fdproductions

FD Productions
can't speak for the 14mm but i tried the leica 15 mm and it was a pos theres a reason dji loves this lens for gh3 gh4 and bmpcc

Anybody using the Panasonic 14mm lens rather than the 12mm OM lens on the GH4 on the GH4 Zenmuse ?

The 14mm is about half the weight of the 12mm.. and half the price.. reviews look just as good..

Many Thanks
Craig

fdproductions

FD Productions
thats a tough one if your not running lightbridge id just run your gh4 on a gh3 gimbal...
No the copter is rock solid its just all in the zenmuse. And yes, similar to the H3-3d issue as I had some trouble with that in the past. Not sure if I should wait for firm wear or if its just toast and should look to getting a replacement.

Jumpy, Played with both and I will say that the 12mm Olympus is amazing. Really nice quality and the snap focus ring is handy for aerial applications as you can lock it out and run manual focus at infinity. Its pricy but great glass.

Tahoe Ed

I thought that you might appreciate this video. Tony does some great work and this was shot in his native New Zealand with a GH4, S1000 and HD Zen at 4K.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I thought that you might appreciate this video. Tony does some great work and this was shot in his native New Zealand with a GH4, S1000 and HD Zen at 4K.

Great… BUT what about answering the GH4 jumping. It still looks to me like its kicking in to FPV mode.

I know its a pain in the arse but I would just return it and get a replacement. We have all been WAY to tolerant of issues like this. The more we send stuff back the more DJI ail have to address issues.

D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Dave, issues on the Zen are being addressed by DJI. There should be new firmware out in the next 2-3weeks. I know you have heard that before but this came from the PM of the gimbal group. I am trying to get a sample of one of the GH4 gimbals that has this issue. Not all of them do it which makes the issue more difficult to isolate.

Quinton

There should be new firmware out in the next 2-3weeks. I know you have heard that before but this came from the PM of the gimbal group.

How many times have I heard that :)
I had a bad 5D Zenmuse and I heard that SO many times, I bought the Zenmuse in January and had lots of emails about it, finally my dealer was kind enough to accept it as a return in June..

Even the European director contacted R&D department directly and they didn't even send him a reply..looking at the web site there has still not been any new releases since last year.
I also agree, send it back for a refund and purchase it again when its fixed, you never know you may even be able to get an S900 and Wookong thrown in for a few hundred more.

PMaughan

Has anyone else noticed that during calibration it occasionally hits the fn button that turns the wifi on! Must remember to change that button to something else...

scotth

Has anyone else noticed that during calibration it occasionally hits the fn button that turns the wifi on! Must remember to change that button to something else...

Yes. My GH3 gimbal does that. I can't figure out why it has to bang into the camera in the first place.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
My GH4 Zenmuse has just arrived so we've replacing the existing GH3 gimbal on the s1000. As it uses the same mounting points it was a straightforward affair.
All seems ok so far but its off on it first earner tomorrow so will post some results and experiences once it's been put through it's paces.
My only gripe was that it wasn't factory balanced or infact anywhere near balanced & the bolts holding the main arm on were loose so I would suggest checking them when you get one.
Lec

So Lec (or Andy of course!), how was the footage from your GH4 Zenmuse? All tickety boo?

ZAxis

So Lec (or Andy of course!), how was the footage from your GH4 Zenmuse? All tickety boo?

Hi ben.
ok I've actually managed to see some of the footage and I am pretty happy with the results. Certain the horizon hold seems bang on which was most important to me & I haven't had some of the unfortunate ones which have the glitches so it's certainly a positive move for me. There is a little discrepancy with the hdmi converter which I'm trying to get to the bottom of but not a massive one.
last big day of shooting for it's first project tommorow & the final clip should be out by the start of next week which I'll be able to share.
has yours turned up yet ben?

PMaughan

Zenmuse novice here, getting pretty good results so happy but can I just check something. When it's powered up with tx off (dual op set-up) it creeps on all axis and before I adjusted the trims it also creeped with tx on, so when left on its own it's very creepy...is this normal? Balance seems good.
Thanks
Pete

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
On the ground it creeps, but it shouldn't in the air. When are you seeing this creep? And is the receiver plugged in but the cam-op tx turned off? (that could cause it too)

PMaughan

On the ground it creeps, but it shouldn't in the air. When are you seeing this creep? And is the receiver plugged in but the cam-op tx turned off? (that could cause it too)

Oh sorry, thanks for moving!
Until I compensated for the creep with trim It was creeping in the air and on the ground, tx on or off. It's fine now it's trimmed, good results, but just wondered if I had a wrong'un.

kuau

Will placing a ND filter on the Olympus 12mm lens / GH4 /GH3 screw up the balance on the GH4 gimbal