S900 Owner's Thread and Mini Build Log

tikigod19

That's interesting.. So the gh4 gimbal shouldn't suffer with this issue? Vision aerial I'd love to know your 10, 000mah flight time, or even better 8300mah if you have one?

Buzz_Roavr

Thats probably because you are not using the NEW GH3/4 Gimbal that does NOT rotate the camera 360º in pitch to calibrate. What do you expect from them. You must buy the latest Gimbal four the latest frame!

D

Wow is that true? That's shocking customer service. I wonder if a firmware change would fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats probably because you are not using the NEW GH3/4 Gimbal that does NOT rotate the camera 360º in pitch to calibrate. What do you expect from them. You must buy the latest Gimbal four the latest frame!

D

You would think when you purchase both at the same time you would get a married pair.... lol.

And to all that posted on flight time questions.... Yes, will get full details on this soon. I have two 10,000s that I'm testing.

To clarify, I did buy the new GH4 when I purchased my s900. Going to look into that a bit more, anyone know where you can get specific info on that?

tikigod19

Hang on, so you're saying you DO have the new gh4 gimbal on your s900 yet it still calibrates by rotating the camera meaning you ideally require longer legs?

Yes, I have the GH4 zenmuse, the new one with the switch from AV to HD. I built my copter this past week and checked that I had the latest versions of firmware for A2, OSD, and the Zenmuse... everything up to par.

Right now I'm rolling with two small scrap bits of wood on shoots to make a takeoff spot and calibrate without the zenmuse hitting the ground.

Tahoe Ed

The LG length was noted in the initial build for both the BMPCC and GH4 gimbals. DJI is now including longer legs in all the S900 and it is my understanding that they are sending the new legs to existing users. You may want to contact your dealer to make sure that you get yours.

ZAxis

Ed.
Can I just check that with the new GH4 gimbal they have solved the horizon drift problem associated with the pan axis? Im about to pull the trigger on a s900 setup but the gimbal is actually the only part I really want at this point in time?
Thanks.
Lec

Tahoe Ed

Ed.
Can I just check that with the new GH4 gimbal they have solved the horizon drift problem associated with the pan axis? Im about to pull the trigger on a s900 setup but the gimbal is actually the only part I really want at this point in time?
Thanks.
Lec

Lec,

Some are having the problem and others are not. Blade Strike flew 3 packs filming this weekend and had no issues. Here is a small clip of his video.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

So once again it's a game of luck with dji? Even though they have now had 2 generations previous with this issue. Would I also be right in saying that if I received one with the drift issue again I'd be able t have it replaced straight away?
Lec

sonos

Hi at all,
I'm new in this forum. I had before an s800 with wookong m and graupner. now i change to s900 with futaba fx32 and t10j for zenmuse gh4. I want to put the unilog2 between the as150 and esc for telemetry. do u see any problems at this? thanks

soler

The unilog2 will only be able to connect to one esc and you would have to extend the cables. Why not go with the iOSD MK2 for the logging. Use the VTX for telemetry to a display

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sonos

well i don' t need facts from the esc. just from the lipo. used mah, ampere, single cell voltage.
so no infos from esc are required.
i just wNt to putthe unilog 2 between the as150 ülug and the rest of the cable. is there a problem?

sundust

For a Zenmuse G3/G4/5D/BMPCC/etc. you have direct PWM inputs (each is its own channel) on the gimbal GCU. So you just take a channel from your receiver and feed it directly to the gimbal channel you want to control. With the Futaba 14SG and 7008SB receiver you put the receiver in mode C or D. That lets you send a single S.Bus2 connection to the WKM (channels 1-7) and then you can just connect 9, 10, 11 and 12 to the Zenmuse (9 is on the receiver port #1, 10 is on #2, etc.). This gets you the full 7 channels to the WKM and four to the Zenmuse. If you need a gear channel you are down to 3 on the Zenmuse. To go beyond this you can split the S.Bus on the air side, send one output to the WKM and the other to an S.Bus->PWM decoder. That will get you channels 8-12 as well as the 13-14 digital channels (ideal for gear and two-way switches). It's more work and cost, but you can effectively use all 14 channels if you go this route.

I didnt understand exactly. You said WKM what about A2? same thing? Can I use A2 as one RX and one futaba rx for the gimbal?

The thing is that I am a one man team. I need to control everyting from my Futaba 14SG radio (I have got one R7008SB 8ch FASSTest S.BUS2 HV receiver
). What is the best way to do it.

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

econfly

I didnt understand exactly. You said WKM what about A2? same thing? Can I use A2 as one RX and one futaba rx for the gimbal?

Thanks...

Yes, you can have one Futaba radio linked to the A2 and another linked to a Futaba receiver that is connected to the gimbal.

econfly

Can you please Explain it more simple way to understand :)

I see your post is edited to note you want to use a single radio with the A2. In that case I would not use a second receiver. Just link your 14SG to the A2 and map the channels in the assistant software. The typical setup requires 7 channels for flight control, 1 channel for gear, and 4 channels for the gimbal (using the F1-F4 aka D1-D4 ports on the A2). It's very easy to do using the channel mapping in the A2 assistant software.