First build :D need some advice please

Risen91

Luckily I think I have managed to snag some on ebay before they go completely, there is 3 sellers on the .com (pretty good price) and one on the .co.uk (but costs a lot), they all have limited stock though.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Luckily I think I have managed to snag some on ebay before they go completely, there is 3 sellers on the .com (pretty good price) and one on the .co.uk (but costs a lot), they all have limited stock though.

You can find the slightly smaller ones HERE:

i have them them and they are the V series - which is consider their best.

Risen91

Just got my LiPo batteries today and it says they should be charged at 14.8V on the battery but they are actually charged at 15.22V, is this a problem? I ordered from HobbyKing. I think I heard somewhere that 3.8V per cell is optimal for storage (15.2V total)? Also is the fridge in a LiPo-Safe bag the best way to store them for a while?

Edit: I will also get a build thread going soon as I now have most of my parts :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Risen91

So finally everything is here! started the process of working out how all the wires go together now and I think so far its going good, just have a few questions. Not entirely sure how the flight controller actually gets power, as far as I can see (not good at electronics at all) the way it gets power is from one of the ESC's as on one of the four servo cables there is two extra wires (the cable the ESC is currently plugged into) and one of them says 5v, so I'm guessing this is how the board receives power? Also the voltage going into the ESC is way above 5v, if my thoughts are right and the flight controller does get its power through one of the ESC's then is the voltage reduced within the ECS before getting sent to to the flight controller?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014-09-06 20.23.27.jpg
    2014-09-06 20.23.27.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 212