A2 FC Firmware 2.3 - Here We ALL go Again

I cannot offer any helpful towards the A2 issue, but I do hope you manage to resolve it.

How did you setup that video/chart sync video? That is a very neat analysis technique, by displaying behaviour against a timeline, and potentially invaluable in challenging a fob-off from DJI.
Used adobe after effects to put the line that plays across the graph. Since the graph has the timing marks on the bottom it makes it easy to sync. When the copter went down the batteries came off which shut down everything and that's how I know when the exact time of impact was.

Thanks. Trying to help dji and others see I won't just take their word for it because I know what happened wasnt caused by a motor. It was spinning way to fast and it changed directions. It also started happening way before they claim it did.

They are the kde escs. Not castle.

I looked through the ff forum and I know non of my motors are broken like that. I checked each one of mine this weekend. Other than 2 which are full of dirt they all work?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I am starting to think there is a problem in the A2........which is making me seriously consider switching over the the Mikrokopter FC system.

Btw I find it interesting that once I put the video up about the timing of the spin to the m1 graph Ed goes silent since it doesn't match what they have been trying to say happened. I have emailed him and one of their other techs without any response. Doesn't surprise me though.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
iOSD data seems to remain subject to intrepretation leading to speculations with bias etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Btw I find it interesting that once I put the video up about the timing of the spin to the m1 graph Ed goes silent since it doesn't match what they have been trying to say happened. I have emailed him and one of their other techs without any response. Doesn't surprise me though.

Thank you for the video. It has been shared but it does not change the interpretation of the data on the flight logs. I understand that you feel differently but your interpretation of what happened is no more valid than ours. Also I do not have a response to your question concerning rolling back the firmware. We advise that users load v2.3 on the A2.

I never asked about rolling back the firmware? Thats fine if you don't think it changes things but I would love to see another copter start spinning as fast as mine was with one motor at full speed... Also the copter changing directions because of a motor situation. I'm through talking to you guys about this issue. Next step is having my attorney contact you (meaning DJI) about this issue. You guys have screwed over enough people that it's time for someone to take legal action.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up BEP
I have really given up on this forum because of the issues with the A2. I was lambasted and stripped of my moderator status because of my persistence it was flawed from the start.. From September 2013 I have questioned its reliability. Please have a look at my videos on youtube re the A2. I have NO axe to grind with DJI other than the A2. I stated back then it was not safe and I state it again now. I have other videos I have not posted, emails I have not published. If any of my experience with the three A2's I bought last september can be of help in your investigation in to your A2 failure please PM me.

From your post I can see you know how to present a good argument that cannot be answered by DJI other than 'We say you are wrong' usual. I am waiting the CAA investigation / ruling on the A2.. TBH I can't wait.. I am sure the researchers looking into the A2 will be monitoring your findings.. in fact I know they will be. DJI may be able to silence individuals but not institutions.

Please keep up the good independent evaluation..

The time line syncing is pure brilliance +10 for that.

Dave

I never asked about rolling back the firmware? Thats fine if you don't think it changes things but I would love to see another copter start spinning as fast as mine was with one motor at full speed... Also the copter changing directions because of a motor situation. I'm through talking to you guys about this issue. Next step is having my attorney contact you (meaning DJI) about this issue. You guys have screwed over enough people that it's time for someone to take legal action.

Aye Up BEP
I have really given up on this forum because of the issues with the A2. I was lambasted and stripped of my moderator status because of my persistence it was flawed from the start.. From September 2013 I have questioned its reliability. Please have a look at my videos on youtube re the A2. I have NO axe to grind with DJI other than the A2. I stated back then it was not safe and I state it again now. I have other videos I have not posted, emails I have not published. If any of my experience with the three A2's I bought last september can be of help in your investigation in to your A2 failure please PM me.

From your post I can see you know how to present a good argument that cannot be answered by DJI other than 'We say you are wrong' usual. I am waiting the CAA investigation / ruling on the A2.. TBH I can't wait.. I am sure the researchers looking into the A2 will be monitoring your findings.. in fact I know they will be. DJI may be able to silence individuals but not institutions.

Please keep up the good independent evaluation..

The time line syncing is pure brilliance +10 for that.

Dave

Good to hear Dave,
I will be PMing you. A company like DJI needs to suck it up and take responsibility for when their product fails. They can ban me from this forum and all the others but I won't stop.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
has anyone been banned yet? has anyone even mentioned a ban for telling the truth?

if you've given up on the forum Dave it's for your own reasons, not because anyone's ever asked you to not tell the truth.

[[[ insert beating dead horse .gif here ]]]<insert kicking="" dead="" horse="" .gif="" here=""></insert>

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have an A2 sitting in its box on the shelf, given to me by someone I know with the statement that he prefers the WKM and that the A2 was never flown, only hooked to a computer for basic setup. Now I have to wonder if he decided not to use it because of all the negative experiences people have posted on various forums.

I haven't done anything with it yet simply due to a lack of time though now I'm really curious as to what's up with this system. When I get back home from my current business trip I think I may have to install this beast on something and see if I can make it misbehave, though it won't be installed on anything expensive nor will it be carrying anything of value until I see what happens when I fly it as I would any of my other multis. I don't "beta test" on my good gear anymore, I have too large a collection of broken bits from doing so in the past, anything new or potentially glitch prone gets torture tested first on cheap and easily repairable frames.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Ken

Hop all is ok with you. It would be great if you would give it your attention to detail you excel in. Wise move keeping it on something simple to start with. I look forward to your thoughts. I think I have listed a number of threads I have started on the A2 earlier in this thread, including a very detailed upgrade path.

Good luck

'Braveheart' Dave.

I have an A2 sitting in its box on the shelf, given to me by someone I know with the statement that he prefers the WKM and that the A2 was never flown, only hooked to a computer for basic setup. Now I have to wonder if he decided not to use it because of all the negative experiences people have posted on various forums.

I haven't done anything with it yet simply due to a lack of time though now I'm really curious as to what's up with this system. When I get back home from my current business trip I think I may have to install this beast on something and see if I can make it misbehave, though it won't be installed on anything expensive nor will it be carrying anything of value until I see what happens when I fly it as I would any of my other multis. I don't "beta test" on my good gear anymore, I have too large a collection of broken bits from doing so in the past, anything new or potentially glitch prone gets torture tested first on cheap and easily repairable frames.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi Ken

Hop all is ok with you. It would be great if you would give it your attention to detail you excel in. Wise move keeping it on something simple to start with. I look forward to your thoughts. I think I have listed a number of threads I have started on the A2 earlier in this thread, including a very detailed upgrade path.

Good luck

'Braveheart' Dave.

Finally back home from a week down south in Nashville and trying to catch up on various things. I've got a complete bare F550 frame sitting on the bench that I used to develop a folding arm kit with, now that I'm pretty much done using it for R & D work I think I'll set it up with the stock DJI arms and see what I can scrounge up in the parts bins to make it into a flyable frame. Assuming I can find 6 of everything needed that match I'll put the A2 on it and go beat the H*ll out of it at the field and see what happens. Fortunately I have a large box full of DJI arms so I can sustain a few "hard landings" while I check this thing out. Worst case the F550 bare frame kit can be obtained locally for $48 US should I manage to damage the centerplates as well as the arms.

If it flys OK as a stock frame I may get brave and set it up with the new folding arm kit, nothing like trying a whole bunch of new stuff at once... ;)

Ken

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
The A2 system has taken out my copter. DJI is saying I had an ESC fail and go full throttle (M1) which caused the copter to start spinning... only problem was it started spinning way before the esc went full throttle according to the iOSD Logs. Here are screenshots of the logs from the motors along with the video showing it going down. I am also including my iOSD file so you can take a look for yourself and see if you can find anything. I honestly don't believe that an ESC caused this. The copter started spinning clockwise then stopped and went counter clockwise. I will be inspecting all my motors and escs today and then sending them back to KDE for them to inspect and tell me if they find anything wrong.

Video: http://youtu.be/bgHHrnVx9HM
iOSD File: http://www.filedropper.com/fly011

Is there any way for me to review this DJI log file without owning an A2? Can just anybody install the log browser on a computer. It should be trivial for a DJI engineer to show whether or not the copter lost yaw control and knew it, or whether the controller was commanding the yaw. It should always be pretty trivial to show whether or not the yaw happened before or after the motor started clipping on it's limit.