Dji NAZA X8 Connection options

choppaholic

My first post here so firstly Hello All.... i been in RC helis for a long time and have recently started playing with quads, having just built my first quad but i am struggling on one thing, help please.

I am struggling to convince myself of how to connect an X8 on NAZA V2.
First I connected it as an X8 with y-leads and choosing X4 option in Naza. Now I have used all 8 ports on the NAZA and connected as an X8. both fly fine

My main reason to build an X8 is to have some sort of redundancy,The question that I have is, is the Y-lead option better?

My thinking is you can fail 4 motor and still fly on Y-lead option presuming of course the motor don’t fail on the same arm as top and bottom motors turn the same way.
On the X8 NAZA 8 port option all top motors go CCW and bottom CW so if I lose more than two can it really compensated for the torque on the top rotors?

If I lost 3 motors I am not sure it will not fly at all may be yaw like mad, of course this is assuming scenario that all motors on the bottom die which in real life they may fail all over the place.

Can someone help me clear this please. Which is a safer method? Of course a lot else could go wrong like the PMU failing but that’s another though just want to safe guard my investment correctly.