Good Prop Balancer?

adanac

I want to buy a prop balancer but I read that some have balance problems inherent to their manufacture. Help!

kloner

Aerial DP
i have all of them. the dubro works good on big non aerial video type pros, in other words regular plane models, perfect. however as soon as your looking at jello, weird imu issues, etc it takes a precise balance and the only way i can get it is with a mag balancer, topflites is the most readily available.... it is imperative to get control of the hub, i do it bay sanding a heavy lead or trail edge by rounding the face, not just flat sanding material out of my way, helps to keep it from chaning the ear shape or size to a minimum. Once the heavy ear is down, then i sand the bottom face of the blade, the big part,,,,, sand that keeping the hub centered, if it comes up, get it back down before continuing the heavy ear balance. eventualy then start sticking no matter where you let go, that means your in...... it'll fly like no other

i did this for a friend that i'll share with you guys..... this is the kloner secret to excellent flight charecteristics and efficiency.

I recently bought a dynamic balancer but am still sorting out how to use it, i intend to balance like this, get my motor balance set, then mate them both and balance them together..... i'll record before and after affects, stay tuned for when i figure the dam thing out.

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

Thank you for that great instruction. However, the Topflite is the one that people say come with bent rods and unbalanced cones. Is that something I should worry about? Should I just get it and have them send me new rods if I see a problem?

Rods are typically straight at time of purchase. If they always rotate to the same angle, it is because the rod has picked up some magnetism from the end magnets. Never store the rod between the magnets. To remove magnetism from the rod, degauss it with an AC electromagnetic coil and test with a compass. Do not attempt to remove the magnetism by striking the rod or it will bend.

Thank you for that great instruction. However, the Topflite is the one that people say come with bent rods and unbalanced cones. Is that something I should worry about? Should I just get it and have them send me new rods if I see a problem?

kloner

Aerial DP
the newest kits are packaged different from what i remember and that rod is perfect. remember when i blamed the rod too cause didn't have a plan of attack, i just gave you THE way to do it. Try one, what is it $18...... I run 3 at a time, my pile of props looks like this

View attachment 16460

and that's just the 1100 and jibs pile..... try one, you can use a tape method instead, but it's not gonna be this exact

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 251

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I have the TopFlite balancer - and I found the stops to not be true (didn't think of the magnetic charge on the shaft). They were visibly marred when they arrived, so I assumed the stops were the issue. I contacted the company and they sent me 3 pairs of stops and a shaft free of charge. Took awhile - but I appreciated the customer service. The stand was also not level - but 2 business cards took care of that and it now sits perfect level (based on the igauge leveler at least).

While i was waiting for replacements, I turned some aluminum stops on the lathe to replicate the DuBro version. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet.

Kloner, thanks for the video!

Last edited by a moderator:

alib10

i just got the topflite. shaft seems pretty true.

have you balanced any xoar props kloner?

if so, how much can you sand before taking away strenght? seems you can go through the varnish pretty easily