DJI A2 Performance/Build Comparisons

Tahoe Ed

This is how one user did it.

Here is what I did using a Futaba 8FG:

Inside the A2 Assistant software I mapped the D4 (this translates to the F4 slot on receiver) channel to channel 5. On the 8FG I mapped channel 5 to throttle channel (T3), this way channel 3 and channel 5 are a clone of each other. I plugged each ESC into the F4 port and did my calibration.

After I was done I reset everything back to the way it was.

Gerthart

"
Since they saw the video they seem to have gone quiet. Just sent them two more today. Hopefully what I sent today will stir them in to action.

Dave

Some of the recent injuction news hopefully doesn't impact their support services. It already needed a bad case of re-structuring to begin with...

soler

Droider,

if you are dealing with DJI China then Chinese New Year starts in a few days and already most people start to go back to their home towns.

If you don't hear anything in the next few days you may have to wait a few weeks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Droider,

if you are dealing with DJI China then Chinese New Year starts in a few days and already most people start to go back to their home towns.

If you don't hear anything in the next few days you may have to wait a few weeks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great... so should I post the next issue or give them a chance to tell me I am dreaming?.... they do actually know about it already I just got the video proof.

Best put them back on the shelf till they get rid of their hangovers eh!

Thanks for the heads up on that. thought it was strange they had not relied especially after there seemingly 24/7 responses!

Thought they may have said though..

Dave

soler

Hi Dave,

I would wait till after the new year, just to refresh there memories. My company like most will close today and I will fly to the UK tonight, most companies are open again from the 6th of Feb so I hope you have more luck then.

Great... so should I post the next issue or give them a chance to tell me I am dreaming?.... they do actually know about it already I just got the video proof.

Best put them back on the shelf till they get rid of their hangovers eh!

Thanks for the heads up on that. thought it was strange they had not relied especially after there seemingly 24/7 responses!

Thought they may have said though..

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Dave,

Until they come back we are here for you if you need us. My A2 is working well. Maybe we can share setups and notes.

kloner

Aerial DP
SkyJib 8 v.2 heavy lifter with AMP maytech 60 amp opto and t-motor 3520 on 15" t-motor props being flown with 8fg and the A2 internal rx. Also aboard immersion 5.8 video gear and a sc2000 pixim board cam. We fly several brushless gimbals from gh3 to reds. 3 hours logged with zero bad habits exhibited. Rig is also super buttery smooth, does wind fine. I don't generaly fly gps unless i need to stay stationary like when looking down...... most all flying is in atti

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Kloner whan did you get your unit?

I am wondering if mine are from a very first batch with an issue.

Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
early december and it was fresh from dji then, i had to wait for it in the shipment.... AMP

I love it, but i was forced into buying it because my wookong that flew so bitchen so long went in..... so hard it blew it apart internally so...........

my superX on the 1100mm frame is working very nice so far, but it has that xaircraft name on it and well, it's not so comfy cozy inside either...... definately not as polished with features but whats there is working nice.

Anthem

SkyJib 8 v.2 heavy lifter with AMP maytech 60 amp opto and t-motor 3520 on 15" t-motor props being flown with 8fg and the A2 internal rx. Also aboard immersion 5.8 video gear and a sc2000 pixim board cam. We fly several brushless gimbals from gh3 to reds. 3 hours logged with zero bad habits exhibited. Rig is also super buttery smooth, does wind fine. I don't generaly fly gps unless i need to stay stationary like when looking down...... most all flying is in atti

Impressive heavy lift build, definitely nice and smooth. What's your AUW with Red camera?

kloner

Aerial DP
Thanks. It is alot, we've lifted it i'd guess in the 35-40 lbs range auw. the raw frame, retracts with everything to go except battery is 12lbs and change. gimbal is another 2-3, cam we've lifted to 14 lbs..... with 20 amp hours of 6s. Those alone are really heavy.... it feels like a bag of dog food picking it up and moving around all ready to fly

this is our smallest airframe in service

Tuukkuli

After reading all this I still have to ask:

Is A2 safe to fly? I have come across so many horror stories, even with the newest firmware v2.1. My new Red Epic copter is going to be heavy and expensive and dengerous, so should I buy a Wookong-M instead as it is a more mature system?

I am going to fly it in Scandinavia, winter conditions similar to Tore with a Futaba 8FG and A2´s built-in receiver. Naturally I would test fly the A2 with F550 first and hopefully make all the possible crahses with it first :black_eyed:

kloner

Aerial DP
i personally wouldn't hesitate, and i'm not...... logged another 53 minutes in the sky with mine carrying 5d, inside, outside

Tahoe Ed

I flipped my S800 on the original firmware. I moved the A2 to my F550 and after upgrading the firmware I have had no problems. I am going to do one last test tomorrow with my H3-2D mounted and a video down link. If that test goes well, I will be moving the A2 over to my S800 with my Z15 and Nex5N.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
After reading all this I still have to ask:

Is A2 safe to fly? I have come across so many horror stories, even with the newest firmware v2.1. My new Red Epic copter is going to be heavy and expensive and dengerous, so should I buy a Wookong-M instead as it is a more mature system?

I am going to fly it in Scandinavia, winter conditions similar to Tore with a Futaba 8FG and A2´s built-in receiver. Naturally I would test fly the A2 with F550 first and hopefully make all the possible crahses with it first :black_eyed:

There is an issue in cold temperatures. DJI are aware of it and I have sent them the videos but as they are now on holiday I have had no responce but a thank you for letting them know about th issue which they are looking into.. I guess i could post the video evidence if any one thinks I am giving the A2 a hard time.

Dave