Why are my Gopro3 video files playing back jumpy and not smooth?

dma251

I took a few packs worth of Gopro footage today, and I am dissapointed with how jerky the playback is. I transferred them to a folder on my desktop, but they are not even close to a smooth playback.

Is it an SD card issue? I am using a Sony class 4 16GB micro SD card...

hexa

So playback is smooth when played back with camera connected to tv. But jerky when video files played back on computer ?

It that's the case you may need a faster computer with more memory and faster CPU power.

Maverick

I think that Windows Media Player plays GoPro files better than QuickTime... I noticed jerky play before using QuickTime, but none on WMP. But that was on the Hero 2.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Also, GoPro files are super compressed, you may want to transfer them to a different format to watch them on a computer.

dma251

Today I bought a sandisc 16gb class 10 card and flew a couple packs. Back home on the computer I see the same jerkiness as my class 4. When I tried to play them on windows media plAyer - they were nice and smooth. That caused me to start playing around with Cineform 2.0 and learned all kinds of other interesting stuff!

It was the QuickTime...

gtranquilla

RadioActive
A class 10 microSD is the minimum but you will still have some issues even with a Class 10 card......

I still had jerky playback until I played by my videos on my son's gaming computer....
The new GoPro3 Black at 2700 x 1500 HD is more than most computers can possibly handle.....especially the monitor and the video card.....
A 1920 x 1080 HD Monitor still restricts the GoPro3 Black output capability!

and you can push it up to even higher resolutions...

====================

I took a few packs worth of Gopro footage today, and I am dissapointed with how jerky the playback is. I transferred them to a folder on my desktop, but they are not even close to a smooth playback.

Is it an SD card issue? I am using a Sony class 4 16GB micro SD card...

kloner

Aerial DP
Careful where you get the cards too, ebay is a magical free for all counterfitters on sd memory, if you can get as far as getting to a seller offering them that doesn't get shut down by ebay when you purchase. Walk into best buy, get a gold and red sandisk class 10 and enjoy...... a bad card will make your camera a nightmare to deal with it's constant crashing

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Also, GoPro files are super compressed, you may want to transfer them to a different format to watch them on a computer.

Hi SleepyC, just noticed your signature and you asked why people put info about what they fly in the signature, so that others know what they use, you for example, no idea what you fly so can only guess what experience you have. Oh and you should use "their", not "there" in your sig.

Cheers

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Careful where you get the cards too, ebay is a magical free for all counterfitters on sd memory, if you can get as far as getting to a seller offering them that doesn't get shut down by ebay when you purchase. Walk into best buy, get a gold and red sandisk class 10 and enjoy...... a bad card will make your camera a nightmare to deal with it's constant crashing

No way just don't use Sandisk cards in a GoPro, just get the Samsung Pro cards, no end of problems with 64Gb Sandisk Ultra cards in my GoPro's, no problems at all since swapping to Samsung Pro cards.

Pete

gtranquilla

RadioActive
SleepyC.... Providing rigs etc. in signature helps others to understand to some degree the specific experience of the poster and saves redundant retyping of the same info with every posting...... the photo helps too!!

low4life1

It helps if you use the GoPro software to convert it first. Takes a little time but it helps with playing and editing.