Zhiyun Z1 Tiny 2 3 Axis Gimbal Connect easily to a Naza 2?

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
The Tiny 2 is an excellent gimbal for almost everyone it works out of the box. You do not need any connections to the Naza. Pitch control can be operated from a free channel on your receiver.

Here is a good review.

yoadrian

just go to the naza set up software. enable the gimbal under the gimbal setting. plug the brown connector into the F2 port of the naza and enable the switch on the radio. You'll know if its working when the gimbal moves when you move the pot on the radio.

fltundra

The Tiny2 wants 4 channels, but removing roll eliminates one. 1-8 S-bus Naza, 9-11 PWM directly to the x8r.
Bind the receiver in mode 4.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 341

redcloud

I did the bind on my XR8 to enable channels 9-16, then plugged the gimbal cable into pins 9,10,11,12. Now I've mounted my Tiny 2 gimbal, installed the Mac USB driver and the Tiny 2 configuration software but it isn't isn't recognizing the device. When I power it up, the gimbal rotates counter-clockwise slowly by itself. It gives me some control with the right stick of my Taranis for some reason, even though I have no switches programmed to pins 9,10,11,12.

So I'm stuck (again). The help manufacturer's forums have no information on the Tiny 2, only their handheld iPhone gimbal.

fltundra

I did the bind on my XR8 to enable channels 9-16, then plugged the gimbal cable into pins 9,10,11,12. Now I've mounted my Tiny 2 gimbal, installed the Mac USB driver and the Tiny 2 configuration software but it isn't isn't recognizing the device. When I power it up, the gimbal rotates counter-clockwise slowly by itself. It gives me some control with the right stick of my Taranis for some reason, even though I have no switches programmed to pins 9,10,11,12.

So I'm stuck (again). The help manufacturer's forums have no information on the Tiny 2, only their handheld iPhone gimbal.
What does the gimbal do with only power connected?

redcloud

You're right. Connected only to power it does what it's supposed to do..keep the camera level. I assumed the other five wires will give me more control, but the calibration software that came with the Tiny 2 does not advance after the first step. It shows an image of how you are supposed to hold and position the gimbal and camera while it calibrates, then it "should" show you another image where you re-position the equipment for more calibration. But it just locks up after the first image. I'm using the Mac version. Has anyone had luck with the calibration software? I connected the pitch wire and programmed it to a side switch in the Taranis so I can steer the camera up and down (pitch?). That's a start. I tried plugging in the other two wires, tilt and roll, but They don't center the gimbal and that's why I think I need to get the calibration software running. Is anyone using the Mac version? I know that's often the bastard-child version of many of these software programs and is not as stable as the PC version.

Ideally I want to set it up for FPV (I know that's another forum). The gimbal plugs into my GoPro but I assume that's just to charge it, correct? What kind of hardware do I need to transmit the video feed from the camera to either a monitor or an iPad. Is there something that integrates with the Naza?

Thanks to all who have provided feedback to me on this. Especially fltundra (I like Key Largo. I used to visit there often when I was a photographer for the Palm Beach Post).

fltundra

You're right. Connected only to power it does what it's supposed to do..keep the camera level. I assumed the other five wires will give me more control, but the calibration software that came with the Tiny 2 does not advance after the first step. It shows an image of how you are supposed to hold and position the gimbal and camera while it calibrates, then it "should" show you another image where you re-position the equipment for more calibration. But it just locks up after the first image. I'm using the Mac version. Has anyone had luck with the calibration software? I connected the pitch wire and programmed it to a side switch in the Taranis so I can steer the camera up and down (pitch?). That's a start. I tried plugging in the other two wires, tilt and roll, but They don't center the gimbal and that's why I think I need to get the calibration software running. Is anyone using the Mac version? I know that's often the bastard-child version of many of these software programs and is not as stable as the PC version.

Ideally I want to set it up for FPV (I know that's another forum). The gimbal plugs into my GoPro but I assume that's just to charge it, correct? What kind of hardware do I need to transmit the video feed from the camera to either a monitor or an iPad. Is there something that integrates with the Naza?

Thanks to all who have provided feedback to me on this. Especially fltundra (I like Key Largo. I used to visit there often when I was a photographer for the Palm Beach Post).
Try lowering the throw on roll and pitch channels to -75 to +75. There's an issue with the 1.11 versions of the software. Just can't remember. Been wrapped up playing with a Phantom 4.:)