Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

koleos60

Hello Chris.
I sent a Zero in the P version, but I did this in July.
Now I know that no longer make this service.
However, try asking

thanks..I will keep trying but it would be nice of them to just reply one way or the other. I have tried sales and support as well as individuals I have talked to in the past, but just get silence!

cbpagent72

Battery Connection

Please remember the following:

The power supply range of MC (Autopilot) and WIFI is 3s~6s(Power remains a
little), namely 10.8V~25.5V, MC provides 5.7V power to RC receiver
automatically, no need to add any out-built power module.

So this means that the Battery is connected directly to the Auto Pilot and to the Wifi unit. You can use the cable provided or use your own. So that means NO UBEC

Remove the red wire from the ESC

Upgrading of FW

Please follow the instructions on page 15 of the Manual. The cable supplied with the system is a Serial (DB9) connection. You may need to use a separate cable to connect from the serial (DB9) connection to a USB port on your PC.

ESC Throttle Channel Calibration

You will need to calibrate the throttle to your ESC’s. I used the “ Install guide Tab “ on the Tablet GCS to run through the whole setup, and part of this was the throttle calibration.

Magnetic Declination

If the magnetic declination is negative, must be entered as a Positive value and if it is Pos it must be entered as negative value.

Router and GCS

It is best to use a router as your connection between your GCS and the YS-X6 wifi module. This gives you better range than using a “hotspot” on your tablet. I suggest either an old Linksys wrt54GS which has a 12v power supply so it can easily be connected to a car battery and the antennas can be changed to improve signal strength, and there is different FW’s available, enabling increasing mw output. Or use a TP-Link WR941ND, or similar.

The GCS software was written for an Android system initially, and then ported to the other systems, so I recommend that you use an Android system as your GCS. The software works.

Compass calibration

There is a video on my website that shows how to do it. Just remember that the front must point down when doing the vertical calibration. The 2 circles do not have to overlap exactly, as long as they are complete circles. When calibrating, the Blue LED light must be on permanently during each process.

Foam support for IMU

Do not use this. It is better to use double sided tape.

Rob

Serial cable for data connection?? What is this the 1990's? It may be a great controller but using serial connection for data is very weird . It should be a usb interface at a minimum, and no a serial to usb cable does not count.

I do love that your controller is android compatible unlike DJI's.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

gerardop

Hello i have a question or more a remark about the YS-X6. Personally i am not very pleased with the disappearance of the altitude mode. Maybe it is not used very much but in the case of loss of GPS or for instant flying indoors it is more than useful. Am i the only one or are more people think that it crippelled more or less the funktionality of this fc. I bought it with the altitude mode and i am not amused by cancelling features during the proces of firmware updates. I don't want to stuck at an older firmware because improvements have to been made but not at the expense of existing features. I asked ZeroUAV about this but the only answer i get is that they had to reduce it (whatever that means). I also asked them if it is not possible to get the Carefree mode on a switch instead of the not so practical switching of the CH6 for 5 times. So are there more people outhere who would like the Altitude mode back? In case of emergency and indoors it feels much safer with Altitude hold and it was there so please ZeroUAV give us back the funktionality.

paktazh

Hello i have a question or more a remark about the YS-X6. Personally i am not very pleased with the disappearance of the altitude mode. Maybe it is not used very much but in the case of loss of GPS or for instant flying indoors it is more than useful. Am i the only one or are more people think that it crippelled more or less the funktionality of this fc. I bought it with the altitude mode and i am not amused by cancelling features during the proces of firmware updates. I don't want to stuck at an older firmware because improvements have to been made but not at the expense of existing features. I asked ZeroUAV about this but the only answer i get is that they had to reduce it (whatever that means). I also asked them if it is not possible to get the Carefree mode on a switch instead of the not so practical switching of the CH6 for 5 times. So are there more people outhere who would like the Altitude mode back? In case of emergency and indoors it feels much safer with Altitude hold and it was there so please ZeroUAV give us back the funktionality.

I am 100% agree with u I asked them before to make a pc software like others or like dji and get the Carefree mode on one switch instead of switching CH6 5 times as u said and not happy with removing of ATT Hold if they want to be in this Business they must Listen to us like DJI otherwise they became another XAIRCRAFT and even if their product be good no body will buy imagine the updater software that we use is for windows 98 Zerouav please it is 2014 not 98

alsoares

I've never used manual/altitude hold mode. My turnigy only has one 3 pos switch, so I had to assign manual and gps to one 2pos switch and gps/waypoint/rth to the 3 pos switch. Manual mode is very stable, I've never had the need to stabilize altitude when flying in manual mode. Whenever is possible, I only fly in gps mode, but only launch in manual mode.

As for carefree, never used it also, although have tested. switching ch6 5 times is nonsense, indeed.

Hi all,
I am trying to make the wifi unit link to my samsung S3. I can see ZERO-TECH appear in my mob wifi list, then i click on it, and it shows connecting, and then shows " network disabled because internet is slow". The wifi came preset to PTP mode. So why is my mob not able to hook up to the wifi.
My mob however works perfect with my router which is hooked up by wire to my PC and works wireless with my mob.
But my mob is not hooking up to zerouav wifi module.

mongo

lost soul
hahaha, android looking for an internet connection, not a lan connection.
maybe someone who know android can tell ya how to change that.

hahaha.... this digital world is so annoying sometime.
but found the problem
it was simple, and i just could not have thought of it..
S3 is not talking to the wifi module
Actually, i wish the manufacturers would make the manual a bit more explanatory for the uninitiated lot like me,
they assume too much in the manual, cause the guy who writes the manual, is working on the system daily,
they he forgets to mention the most obvious.
any way
cheers.
i am on my way.
but have to visit the dentist now,
will get back and shove my head into the mob GCS
cheers guys
have fun

Want to congrarulate zero uav on the new Gemini manual v2.3
Very logically presentation of information. Great going zero uav.

Cherry Yang,
Hi,
need some help.
1. I am trying to programme parachute setting I have put Ch 8 on my Tx for Parachute
Now when i connect a servo to Gemini PARA output,
and operate the sw on Tx, the servo does not operate.
I have checked the servo by connecting directly to the Rx Ch8, and the servo is working properly
3. I have selected American Hand on Samsung GCS
But when ever i put on the system everyday,
it shows Japan Hand in Data,
But when i go to SET, it shows American Hand setting.
Now if i click again on American Hand, and now go to DATA, it shows correctly as American hand.
But if i now switch off and power up again,, it again shows Japan Hand

So why does it show Japan hand in DATA every time i put on the system

Hi All.
zerouav has just put up a software ZERO-GCS-20140507
dated 2014-05-26
it is and .rar file.
What are we supposed to do with it
I downloaded it on my Samsung S3
and on the files section, clicked on downloads
and then clicked on the files
and then on the .rar
nothing happened.

OK guys...
finally have been solving problems one by one, by self learning process...
all problems except one sorted out.
PARA servo won't work

paktazh

My zero uav y6 is flipping on take off and got some shaking when it is on the ground any suggestion thanks in advance

vadmcse

Hi All.
zerouav has just put up a software ZERO-GCS-20140507
dated 2014-05-26
it is and .rar file.
What are we supposed to do with it
I downloaded it on my Samsung S3
and on the files section, clicked on downloads
and then clicked on the files
and then on the .rar
nothing happened.

A .rar file is a compressed file, like .zip.
You should uncompress it first and run the file inside that.

vadmcse

My zero uav y6 is flipping on take off and got some shaking when it is on the ground any suggestion thanks in advance

I had some shaking problems in my YS-X4 and solved it changing the SWAY COMPENSATION value.

Just change the value little by little until you get a stable hover.

got email for zero uav.
problem of PARA servo sorted out
works perfect now.
many thanks to zerouav
Only one problem or issuer remains...
that of American hand not showing on Android GCS
Hope zerouav can sort that out also
it will be great