Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

edykosta

Got gcs to work but .......I have tried to get my ysx6 set up for the past 2 weeks with no luck... I purchased it from a guy who was using futaba but I use spektrum.. I have WiFi connectivity...but as soon as I plug in I get 3 red 1 blue on led...I cannot access unit set up and when I enter parameters to change transmitter type it does not allow me to change to adaptive...I sent but it does not save....when I hit get it just goes back to sbus....I cannot access initial set up. I can however access installation guide...but it does not read the initial stick inputs..,so I cannot move to the next step...I did discover though that if I do adjust transmitter and then capture transmitter center point I can make it passed the first step of install guide which is calibrating sticks I ...but the following part where you have to confirm 3 pos switch is working does work for me....in data it does not read a change in flight mode...it stays in manual altitude...I am wired up all correctly but can't get this thing to work...plllllleeeease Hellp.... Thank you

mongo

lost soul
i find it much easier, large screen, and more reliable to do all the initial set up stuff with the pc gcs. the android one, just seems to not communicate at a reasonable speed to get the job done.

edykosta

doesnt work in pc gcs either .....im getting all the info from copter but no change ...still cannot access init set up : /

mongo

lost soul
click the init set up button, then select the set up guide from the pull down menu, just click through to the page where it ask you to check the 3 position switch setting, what mode is in the little box when that scree opens? if it is saying settings, or setup or anything other than "manual, altitude or, gps hover", then you are actually in initial set up mode. exit the guide. change what you want to change, then PUSH THE QUIT INITIAL SETUP BUTON. gotta push it or all changes are lost.

edykosta

I have done it and many times before and it reads manual altitude...I cannot change this....as soon as I turn it on it blinks 3 red and 1 blue...so im not in set up...

mongo

lost soul
that blue flash indicates you are not in manual flight mode. try reversing the channel the 3 position, ch 5, switch is on. or maybe just move it to the opposite end position. will probably have to do the same with the ch 6 switch as well. should just be the 3 red flashes at first as it looks for satalites, then as they are seen and acquired, the number of red flashes will decrease to zero. blue flash should indicate middle position of the switch, and green flash should be the other end of throw, if all the satellites are acquired, otherwise it to will flash blue.
futaba and JR/spek use reverse signal polarity to the servo, so probably will have to reverse all the jr channels anyway. someone that uses jr might chime in here with advise on that part.

john420

Hi everyone I just bought zerouav y6 and trying to connect my Samsung g3 phone to my y6 using PTP mood since i was told that I donot need to have a router so i used the software that reset the WIFI to get connect to my Samsung galaxy 3 but when i opened the GC in my phone and keep connecting get it does not connect so what else is needed in order to get conected by the way I ordered a data link as will so if i have the WIFI and one of the data link on the ground and the other one in the hexacopter would that still work ?? and i assume it work better then Router since the data link has long range also do not know why ZEROUAV not making Bluetooth like DJI and make a PC software like them since all the flashing software that they got is made for the old wondows 2000 with this kind of software i don't know if they get moor customers

Last edited by a moderator:

johnno

Hi everyone I just bought zerouav y6 and trying to connect my Samsung g3 phone to my y6 using PTP mood since i was told that I donot need to have a router so i used the software that reset the WIFI to get connect to my Samsung galaxy 3 but when i opened the GC in my phone and keep connecting get it does not connect so what else is needed in order to get conected by the way I ordered a data link as will so if i have the WIFI and one of the data link on the ground and the other one in the hexacopter would that still work ?? and i assume it work better then Router since the data link has long range also do not know why ZEROUAV not making Bluetooth like DJI and make a PC software like them since all the flashing software that they got is made for the old wondows 2000 with this kind of software i don't know if they get moor customers

John420, Hi there I had a similiar problem with the same phone the G3, make sure you have the right password I had one of the very early Y6's and what they had on the side of the wifi unit was incorrect also the info on the Card was incorrect any way I kept reading and eventually got the password out of the Manual and that worked....... are you running the latest updates? just keep going it will work unless you have a faulty wifi unit.....I am not running a router i will go down the datalink path which is similiar to dji running bluetooth into a data link.
Zerouav did briefly bring out a Blue tooth Y4 whether it was for testing I dont know but they went back to wifi.
But the Samsung phone does work just make sure you have the correct name and password. best of luck. Johnno.

john420

John420, Hi there I had a similiar problem with the same phone the G3, make sure you have the right password I had one of the very early Y6's and what they had on the side of the wifi unit was incorrect also the info on the Card was incorrect any way I kept reading and eventually got the password out of the Manual and that worked....... are you running the latest updates? just keep going it will work unless you have a faulty wifi unit.....I am not running a router i will go down the datalink path which is similiar to dji running bluetooth into a data link.
Zerouav did briefly bring out a Blue tooth Y4 whether it was for testing I dont know but they went back to wifi.
But the Samsung phone does work just make sure you have the correct name and password. best of luck. Johnno.
Thanks for reply I did change the wifi setting from router to PTP so should I update the WIFI ? and in the phone part what do I need is there a password that I enter in GC of my phone too in order to get connected Thanks

johnno

Thanks for reply I did change the wifi setting from router to PTP so should I update the WIFI ? and in the phone part what do I need is there a password that I enter in GC of my phone too in order to get connected Thanks

Hi John, when you turn everything on are you getting any indication that the WIFI Module is working (Flashing LED)?
Assume you are seeing flashing LED goto settings on the G3 WIFI and can you see YS-X6-and some numbers?
If there is and you should also see some Blue Radials with a paddlock in them, that means your G3 is picking up the WIFI Transmission.
If you then put your finger on the top of that a small screen should come up saying YS-X6 etc it will show you the type of security which should be WPA/WPA2 PSK if that is ok then it should ask for a password and that should be on one of the Modules or a card that came with your zero gear if they dont work then look at the manual and there is a number in there you can try.
As you can understand its very hard to explain everything like this but hope you get it working.
When did you buy the gear from Zero?
Cheers,John.

john420

Thanks Bro I got connected with ur help so now if I get a Data link and have one data link and wifi on the ground and the other data link 900 with the my hexacopter can I control it from long range am I right ?? Have u tried that ??? the second thing is how to set the fail save GPS and so on in my Radio I got DJI Naza it is very easy but have u set ur radio to use I got Futaba 10C Thanks again

johnno

Thanks Bro I got connected with ur help so now if I get a Data link and have one data link and wifi on the ground and the other data link 900 with the my hexacopter can I control it from long range am I right ?? Have u tried that ??? the second thing is how to set the fail save GPS and so on in my Radio I got DJI Naza it is very easy but have u set ur radio to use I got Futaba 10C Thanks again

Hi John, glad I could be of help, yes if you get the 900mhz Data Link put one in the hexacopter and one with the wifi hard wired as your ground station, no I haven't had the need yet I am just playing with the phone and doing close way point flying.
I do apologise I can't remember how I set up the fail safe but I remember that I configured that when I loose tx power it returns home, I am using a futaba 8fg super I will look through my paperwork to see if I made some notes.
cheers for now, Johnno.

john420

regarding the GPS setup does one has to measure everything and enter it or it does not need that I could not find that in manual in naza u have to measure the distance from GPS to IMU how about zero uav ?

johnno

regarding the GPS setup does one has to measure everything and enter it or it does not need that I could not find that in manual in naza u have to measure the distance from GPS to IMU how about zero uav ?

No its works totally different to DJI you dont measure anything. The things you must check carefully is your throttle calibration, and your compass calibration the latter being totally different from DJI and if you say calibrate at home re calibrate where you are going to fly. when you are flying you will get an audio voice giving you your height also warns you about low voltage when you hear that land pretty quick you led will flash red like DJI.
I have a NAZA M V2 and the two machines fly very similiar the YS-X6 ahead in waypoint flying but DJI is hard on the heels.
Cheers for now Johnno.

john420

No its works totally different to DJI you dont measure anything. The things you must check carefully is your throttle calibration, and your compass calibration the latter being totally different from DJI and if you say calibrate at home re calibrate where you are going to fly. when you are flying you will get an audio voice giving you your height also warns you about low voltage when you hear that land pretty quick you led will flash red like DJI.
I have a NAZA M V2 and the two machines fly very similiar the YS-X6 ahead in waypoint flying but DJI is hard on the heels.
Cheers for now Johnno.

Hi Bro so r u saying that I have to calibrate the compass every time that i flight in different places ??by the way when i get connect the GC it keep saying altitudes low I do not know what is that mean and it kind of annoying since the voice cannot be turned down also do u know how to setup course locked in tx?

Thanks

johnno

Hi Bro so r u saying that I have to calibrate the compass every time that i flight in different places ??by the way when i get connect the GC it keep saying altitudes low I do not know what is that mean and it kind of annoying since the voice cannot be turned down also do u know how to setup course locked in tx?

Thanks

Hi John, yes you should re-calibrate if you fly at a different location even DJI recommend that the reason that you could have come in close contact with something Maggnetic in your car its a form of safeguard. You should be able to turn the voice down on the phone itself,
setting up course locked on the tx not sure about that one.....
cheers"......Johnno

john420

Hi John, yes you should re-calibrate if you fly at a different location even DJI recommend that the reason that you could have come in close contact with something Maggnetic in your car its a form of safeguard. You should be able to turn the voice down on the phone itself,
setting up course locked on the tx not sure about that one.....
cheers"......Johnno

does your y6 goes to failsafe and land when you turn the TX off I did so it does not show that my Phone GC and basically the motor stopped ??

johnno

does your y6 goes to failsafe and land when you turn the TX off I did so it does not show that my Phone GC and basically the motor stopped ??

Hi John, you have a choice on this you can have it land or return to home, the motors should defiantly not stop and I would have thought you're phone should tell you you have signal failure I haven't tried it yet i am still flying close because I am not getting good flying time I am still fiddling with battery sizes, Johnno.

john420

Hi John, you have a choice on this you can have it land or return to home, the motors should defiantly not stop and I would have thought you're phone should tell you you have signal failure I haven't tried it yet i am still flying close because I am not getting good flying time I am still fiddling with battery sizes, Johnno.

Hi if the Tx turn off the copter should go to fail safe right and return home is there any set up for that in TX or Zero y6 I know it is easy to set that in Naza but this zerouav is very confusing i do not know how but in zerouav manual said that u set your tx to failsafe i donot know how to do that
also filling the magnetic declination in GC what number I should writ this is my declination
You clicked here:
Latitude: 49° 33' 28.1" N
Longitude: 122° 0' 39.7" W
Magnetic declination: 16° 47' EAST
Declination is POSITIVE
Inclination: 70° 46'
Magnetic field strength: 55028.2 nT

should i just writ 16 or -16 47 ??
Thanks

[h=1][/h]

johnno

Hi if the Tx turn off the copter should go to fail safe right and return home is there any set up for that in TX or Zero y6 I know it is easy to set that in Naza but this zerouav is very confusing i do not know how but in zerouav manual said that u set your tx to failsafe i donot know how to do that
also filling the magnetic declination in GC what number I should writ this is my declination
You clicked here:
Latitude: 49° 33' 28.1" N
Longitude: 122° 0' 39.7" W
Magnetic declination: 16° 47' EAST
Declination is POSITIVE
Inclination: 70° 46'
Magnetic field strength: 55028.2 nT

should i just writ 16 or -16 47 ??
Thanks

john in just put in the whole number ie 16. I will have to back through the manual for fail safe setup , but when you think about it as long as you have got a good wifi link your phone is a pretty good backup if your tx runs out of range
Johnno,