Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

vulcan2go

Well, I've joined the ys-x6 gang and I'm looking forward to the test build on a spare 550 hex.

I've built several naza based multi rotors including two 450 quads, two discovery quads, an ecilop quad, a 550 hex and a vulcan 900 hex (currently used for professional filming).

The build should start tomorrow and I've opted for the TP-Link TL-WR941ND router which is on its way.

I hope you will bear with me if I ask some dumb questions! I'm based in the UK.

Cheers,

johnno

Welcome aboard Vulcan, in this group you have guys that know YS-X6 inside out so when you get stuck just holler we are all one big happy family cheers, John.

robone

Well, I've joined the ys-x6 gang and I'm looking forward to the test build on a spare 550 hex.

I've built several naza based multi rotors including two 450 quads, two discovery quads, an ecilop quad, a 550 hex and a vulcan 900 hex (currently used for professional filming).

The build should start tomorrow and I've opted for the TP-Link TL-WR941ND router which is on its way.

I hope you will bear with me if I ask some dumb questions! I'm based in the UK.

Cheers,

You will find that you will eventually have the YS-X6 on your Vulcan and only be using this for your AP work.A lot of my customers have converted to the YS-X6, mainly because it just sits when you let go the sticks and it is so stable

vulcan2go

Hi Johnno and Robone - thanks for the welcome :)

OK - first dumb question, I assume iit is possible to just use a windows laptop to set things up including waypoints? I do not have an android phone or tablet and as far as I can see I would need to "jailbreak" my Iphone 4s to allow use of the IOS GCS and a) I don't really want to do that and b) I actually don't know how to lol.

I've no real intention (at this time) to use an iphone or android device to control the flight as I will be using my futaba tx. However, I could be tempted to buy an android tablet but I'd need to get the cheapest one possible as it will only ever be used for the ys-x6 GCS and maybe to show off a few pictures and maybe videos!

Cheers,

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:

johnno

Hi Johnno and Robone - thanks for the welcome :)

OK - first dumb question, I assume iit is possible to just use a windows laptop to set things up including waypoints? I do not have an android phone or tablet and as far as I can see I would need to "jailbreak" my Iphone 4s to allow use of the IOS GCS and a) I don't really want to do that and b) I actually don't know how to lol.

I've no real intention (at this time) to use an iphone or android device to control the flight as I will be using my futaba tx. However, I could be tempted to buy an android tablet but I'd need to get the cheapest one possible as it will only ever be used for the ys-x6 GCS and maybe to show off a few pictures and maybe videos!

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon a windows based laptop will do I am a bit like you about jailbreaking the iPhone I have heard success stories and also disasters,but if down the track you may want to fly from a tablet the tablets are getting cheaper.
Have you got a serial bus rx with your futaba tx? Makes the instal a breeze. John.

robone

Hi rob have you flown the x4 yet? If so How do you find it? John.

Hi John

I did a demo of both systems to a potential customer the other day with the YS-X6 on a Vulcan 650 Y6 and the YS-X4 on a CarbonCore 500X4 and after seeing everything, he actually asked why he should spend the extra bucks on a YS-X6. Other than telling him about the expandability of the YS-X6, and even though it did hover better than the X4, it is a hard sell.

Personally, I am still undecided. I like both systems. I think that of you need the extra waypoints and better stability I would go for the X6.

Rob

fredor

I already have four DJI Opto 30a ESC will I be able to use them on the YS-X6, also are there problems with the Spektrum DX8
Thank you

Dale UK

Fredor, can't see any issues there ..... I intend to use exactly the same equipment as you on mt YS.X6 project
Dale UK

giorf

Hey Chris, I just searched here for THR insurance and came across your post. I bought the YS-X4 and after fighting with a wifi issue for two days, I'm finally ready to set up the FC. Same as you, I'm not really understanding the instructions in the manual about the ESC calibration. My ESCs are all soldered onto the F550 so how can I connect the controller but not the ESCs? Since it looks like you went through this already, it would be great if you could explain it in plain English (if you stumbled in more places while setting up or calibrating the YS-X4, it would of course be great to hear about those things as well).

If anybody else went through the calibration setup and would like to explain it in more understandable terms, please let me know. I'm new at all of this and appreciate any help I can get. Rob already communicated with me when I had the wifi issue (thanks Rob).

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Giovanni

FPVer

Hello,

I have one of the first YS-X6
bought about 1 year ago

Unfortunately, the wireless communication of the YS-X6
not with the wifi configuration

I only have the COM cable
(not USB)
is still functioning?

DmSk

Please help
What parameters should be set to "Customized Parameters" YS-X6
the instructions are the coefficients for the "QuadX", "+100, -100" and for oktokoptera kaie values ​​are? (I think the values ​​of the mixer will be from 0 to 100)?
or where to find a ready table for OCTO + (model type = 4)?

robone

Hey Chris, I just searched here for THR insurance and came across your post. I bought the YS-X4 and after fighting with a wifi issue for two days, I'm finally ready to set up the FC. Same as you, I'm not really understanding the instructions in the manual about the ESC calibration. My ESCs are all soldered onto the F550 so how can I connect the controller but not the ESCs? Since it looks like you went through this already, it would be great if you could explain it in plain English (if you stumbled in more places while setting up or calibrating the YS-X4, it would of course be great to hear about those things as well).

If anybody else went through the calibration setup and would like to explain it in more understandable terms, please let me know. I'm new at all of this and appreciate any help I can get. Rob already communicated with me when I had the wifi issue (thanks Rob).

Thanks in advanced for your help.
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni

The YS-X6 battery connection that comes standard with the system allows you to connect your Electronics to the battery and when everything is setup, only then do you connect the ESC's and the motors. The YS-X6 has its own BEC so it does not need power form the ESC.

Actually, it is a good way to set up a system. Adds a bit fo a safety feature.

Anyway, back to your problem.

Connect your power up to your Main Controller, then change the settings to Init Setup, then you break the poles, then push the throttle to max (all within 5 secs or else you have to start again) and then connect the power to the ESC and motors and wait for the beeps and then pull your throttle down, then quit Init setup. And taht should be it. I normally do this using the android tablet and run Install Guide, and it takes you through the steps.

Cheers
Rob

Dale UK

I'm at exactly the same stage as you guys ..... a simple question, has anyone ACTUALLY got SeanyConfig.exe to do anything after clicking the on-screen 'apply button' to do anything or work at all ?? - I'm getting all the 'open port successful' stuff etc. - then 'blank' after clicking the apply button.

Anyone the same .... or had a different experience?

Dale UK

giorf

Dale, I didn't/couldn't use SeanyConfig because there is no Win 8 driver for the "older Prolific chip" on the supplied USB to serial cable (even though I bought my YS-X4 just 3 weeks ago). If you are using Windows, make sure you don't have an exclamation mark in the device manager next to the new USB device you just plugged in. I did it the router way (although I had a little issue connecting to my Android phone at the beginning).

I went and bought a TP-Link WR941ND, spent the last couple of hours testings different settings, still no luck. I get the solid blue light on the wifi unit still meaning it is connected. But I cant get data flowing. To my phone or pc.
Could any one who has one talk me through the exact settings they changed from default. Do you need to disable the firewall function and change to b or g band rather than n?

giorf

I'm using a Belkin N750 (B,G,N) and also tried it with an old D-Link 150N (G and draft N) and both are working fine. Most routers have an "Auto" settings for the speed (band). I did have an issue connecting my phone to the WiFi module. Both were connected to the router but they didn't communicate. What I did is connected my PC to the "let's call it" ZERO-TECH router as well and logged into the WiFi module. To do that, (after your PC is connected to the ZERO-TECH router) you type in 192.168.1.254 into the browser and log in as admin with password admin. I did not change anything, just checked if the parameters were correct (SSID, passphrase etc.). Then I hit the reset button and after the WiFi module came back up (about 15sec), my Android phone started to communicate with the WiFi module. Hope your issue is as easy to fix as mine.

Giovanni

robone

I went and bought a TP-Link WR941ND, spent the last couple of hours testings different settings, still no luck. I get the solid blue light on the wifi unit still meaning it is connected. But I cant get data flowing. To my phone or pc.
Could any one who has one talk me through the exact settings they changed from default. Do you need to disable the firewall function and change to b or g band rather than n?

Ryan

Take some pics of your setup and send them to me at sales@multirotor.co.za and while you are sleeping I will go through them and see if I can find what your problem is. Maybe then we can skype. Because I am sure it is something very simple.

Rob