Zenmuse Z15N Aux3 start stop record not working.

I have recently purchased a new Zenmuse Z15N. I have shutter working but can't seem to make the start stop for video to work. The HDMI board is supposed to be V2 but looking at it, the board says HDMI to AV V4.
I have also checked the Zenmuse software to see the the AUX3 switch is working and all seems fine. It just dosent work with the NEX5 camera.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

olof

Osprey
I have the V2 board and 5n as well. I got it to work.

I use 2 Fatuba 8FG's one dedicated to the Zen. If this is your setup I can tell you exactly how to set it up using S-bus o 6208 Rx. You have to change some settings in the TX.

If you have a different setup post it so someone here with the same setup can help you.

seagee

Olof, I too am about to configure S800 / Zen with 2 Futaba 8FGs with S-bus on R2008SB Rxs and would be interested in your settings.
Thanks!

olof

Osprey
I will post a complete setup with the 2 8FGs and Zen complete with photos or maybe video, hopefully later today when I get some time.

I was traveling yesterday.

olof

Osprey
My Zen SetUp for Futaba 8FGs

OK I have been very busy but I hope this will help even if it took a while.

I use S-bus and that is nice no clutter, just one cable from RX to Zen controller.

These are all the settings I made in the TX:

This one is obvious...
View attachment 10651

Function switches on the left...
View attachment 10652
View attachment 10653

Function switches on the right...
View attachment 10654
View attachment 10655

Stick setup, I put the roll on the left stick, you can see how below.
View attachment 10656

View attachment 10657

This is where the sticks are switched, also make sure there are no mixes set up to go to throttle if there is then you cant assign video on/off to SA, on my initial setup ch 6 VPP (normally prop pitch) was mixed to throttle..
View attachment 10658
View attachment 10659

I dont think I changed anything here...
View attachment 10660

I did change the end points to 30 on the sticks to make it easier to do smooth moves...
View attachment 10661
View attachment 10662

With these settings everything works perfectly both in the assistant and flying. The trick to video on off is the setting VPP ch 6 to a switch, otherwise it is the left stick that controls that channel.

If you still have problems PM me and we can set up a Skype session where we can both work through it together.

I thought this would be clearer than a video that is hard to see and control at times. Let me know how you make out.

Happy flying, and shooting. And happy "Bunny Day".

Attachments

• ZenSet1.jpg
    ZenSet1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 370
  • ZenSet2.jpg
    ZenSet2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 368
  • ZenSet3.jpg
    ZenSet3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 353
  • ZenSet4.jpg
    ZenSet4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 347
  • ZenSet5.jpg
    ZenSet5.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 380
  • ZenSet6.jpg
    ZenSet6.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 362
  • ZenSet7.jpg
    ZenSet7.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 224
  • ZenSet8.jpg
    ZenSet8.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 356
  • ZenSet9.jpg
    ZenSet9.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 307
  • ZenSet10.jpg
    ZenSet10.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 335
  • ZenSet11.jpg
    ZenSet11.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 331
  • ZenSet12.jpg
    ZenSet12.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 187

OK I have been very busy but I hope this will help even if it took a while.

I use S-bus and that is nice no clutter, just one cable from RX to Zen controller.

These are all the settings I made in the TX:

This one is obvious...
View attachment 13629

Function switches on the left...
View attachment 13630
View attachment 13631

Function switches on the right...
View attachment 13632
View attachment 13633

Stick setup, I put the roll on the left stick, you can see how below.
View attachment 13634

View attachment 13635

This is where the sticks are switched, also make sure there are no mixes set up to go to throttle if there is then you cant assign video on/off to SA, on my initial setup ch 6 VPP (normally prop pitch) was mixed to throttle..
View attachment 13636
View attachment 13637

I dont think I changed anything here...
View attachment 13638

I did change the end points to 30 on the sticks to make it easier to do smooth moves...
View attachment 13639
View attachment 13640

With these settings everything works perfectly both in the assistant and flying. The trick to video on off is the setting VPP ch 6 to a switch, otherwise it is the left stick that controls that channel.

If you still have problems PM me and we can set up a Skype session where we can both work through it together.

I thought this would be clearer than a video that is hard to see and control at times. Let me know how you make out.

Happy flying, and shooting. And happy "Bunny Day".

Olof thank you so much for posting this great job.

M'ck'y

Olof thank you so much for posting this great job.

Was there a solution to using the aux 3 recording remotely? I also have a nex-7 and have given up on it. I can take pictures but not remotely start/start recording. Today I updated the nex-7 firmware to 1.02 but the problem is still there. The zenmuse software shows that aux 3 is definitely working from my radio.

would nice to see if anyone had any luck with this one.
cheers

From my experience, having used both the V1 and V2 boards, you will no know the difference using the Z15 assistant software. The software will indicate Aux3 working just fine, but only photo will work on the V1 board. Once I replaced the board with the V2 board, the video record on my Nex-5R just started working.
One slightly different setup I did than Olof's was using the same switch for video and photo. Default position is centered, and moving up takes picture, moving down toggles video.

M'ck'y

Thank you for the reply, I found the v2 is available online for only 35 which is great. Hope it's not a high risk diy. Dji should have a program to help with this issue. Manual doesn't mention any known problem inline the Sao issue.

Ill see what the local dji shop dealer says. The nex7 gets hot and stops after long recordings so it makes sense to start stop recording remotely.

Thanks

My only recommendation is be very careful with the HDMI connector, especially. It's about 20 microscopic wires. Otherwise the swapout was pretty simple. You'll want to tuck the wires under the metal plate cover neatly so that you don't have excess wire hanging out. The first time I put it together, they hung out too much and ended up brushing the gimbal with any kind of rotation. Then I took the bottom cover off, tucked the wires back in further, and now they don't contact the gimbal anywhere.