Zenmuse with Blackmagic Pocket

Warmupper

We just built a conversion kit (cage of aluminium) for the Zenmuse 15g to use it with the Blackmagic Pocket. It works perfect with 12mm Olympus M.Zuiko and Rokinon 7,5mm
The only Problem is, that the Zenmuse HDMI Converter only works interlaced.
The BM only provides progressive HDMI out.
Now we try to build a solution with an external progressive
HDMI converter, with the Video TX still at the Video Out port
of the Zenmuse.
Does anybody know a very small HDMI progressive converter, like the Zenmuse HDMI board?

Warmupper

Hi Boris,
I can post a photo later.

this is the converter we are working at the moment.
the first one is working not anymore, ordered 2 new at KW.
but I need them on Monday.
I can't find it on Amazon. Would be perfect, when you can remember the Amazon Link

thanks
Heiko

Warmupper

Our Zenmuse with Blackmagic Pocket was in the air today.
It works perfectly. And finally we managed to integrate a progressive
HDMI converter. I will post some photos tomorrow.
The aluminium cage is only one part. Then you have to find the COG
for the camera including HDMI cable an external converter. The converter
is powered with the HDMI out of the BM pocket. We connected the converter
with the existing video wire. So we are able to place the video TX on top of the Zen
and get the video signal out of the video out box.

Warmupper

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 551

yeehaanow

Thanks! I will check it out.

Anyone know if this one works? http://amzn.com/B008FO7PQA

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work! The only one I found that worked was the freefly one, Which they discontinued but is the same as the kopterworx one, so I gather.
I think the problem is that the pocket cam outputs a 50hz signal, and the cheap converters can't convert from 50hz to 60hz for ntsc.
My TV doesn't like the pocket cam signal very much either. It cuts off about 15% of the image.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have one that works with everything I have plugged it into part form my CX730 which I dont need it for anyway. Some cameras require voltage some don't. If you want to try this one pm me and Ill send it over.

Dave

im working on the same setup now, trying to find out how i route the s video through the zenmuse its self. its not a problem to get the converter to work by itself with the camera and transmitter. anyone have a wiring diagram to go from the converter to the zenmuse?

Lanzar

For all those who sent us all emails if BlackMagic Pocket is working with Kopterworx mini Hdmi converter. Answer is yes - converter works perfectly.

View attachment 14599

Attachments

• pocket.jpg
    pocket.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 495

tecel

Hi guys and hello, I m new here :)

We have the same problem with the Zenmuse and BM Pocket. So is this still the right link to the converter you use?: http://www.kopterworx.com/vmchk/Hdmi-converters/HDMI-to-AV-converter-mini
So you convert the BM Pocket signal from HDMI progressive into interlaced with this thing and then use the Zenmuse to get the signal through the gimbal to the tx? The Links at Kopterworx change fast, it would be very nice if you could check if this is the converter you use. The Blackmagic Pocket has a micro hdmi out, the converter a mini. Are there any other pluggs or cables needed?
Thank you so much for sharing this :)

Arrow-Eye

Hi guys and hello, I m new here :)

We have the same problem with the Zenmuse and BM Pocket. So is this still the right link to the converter you use?: http://www.kopterworx.com/vmchk/Hdmi-converters/HDMI-to-AV-converter-mini
So you convert the BM Pocket signal from HDMI progressive into interlaced with this thing and then use the Zenmuse to get the signal through the gimbal to the tx? The Links at Kopterworx change fast, it would be very nice if you could check if this is the converter you use. The Blackmagic Pocket has a micro hdmi out, the converter a mini. Are there any other pluggs or cables needed?
Thank you so much for sharing this :)

Since DJI ZENMUSE BMPCC is coming, you don't need to worry about that any more, I think they have to solve that problem before it is available.
:nevreness: