zenmuse H3-2D malfunctioning after hard landing

Hello,

I have a DJI F550, which had a hard landing a few days ago.. Now when I power up the craft that gimbal bounces back and forth. There is no dents, or bent arms. .and the servo’s work smoothly when I manually move them without the power on.

See video. http://youtu.be/JYl0ccarsTU

I have been reading that it needs to be re-balanced? How can I fix this myself, as I am located in remote area of Jamaica.

Thank you so much.

ps: I have another zenmuse H3-2D on my phantom.. I put the gimbal from the phantom on the f550 and it works fine..

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.. Shipping from Jamaica is an issue.. It will more than likely get stolen before it leaves the country.. Please and thank you for any assistance on how we can fix this here!

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
Hello,

I have a DJI F550, which had a hard landing a few days ago.. Now when I power up the craft that gimbal bounces back and forth. There is no dents, or bent arms. .and the servo’s work smoothly when I manually move them without the power on.

See video. http://youtu.be/JYl0ccarsTU

I have been reading that it needs to be re-balanced? How can I fix this myself, as I am located in remote area of Jamaica.

Thank you so much.

ps: I have another zenmuse H3-2D on my phantom.. I put the gimbal from the phantom on the f550 and it works fine..

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.. Shipping from Jamaica is an issue.. It will more than likely get stolen before it leaves the country.. Please and thank you for any assistance on how we can fix this here!

Same problem here, not sure what to do.... It's doing the same thing though.

Hi Ralph,

Any response from DJI support? I sent them an email over 7 days ago.. no response. have you tried to pull it apart to see if you can get your working/balanced again?

I had a hard landing and mine and did a similar thing. I stripped it down myself and straightened out the camera bracket which was slightly bent but it still played up so I took it to my DJI dealer who was kind enough to look at it and found one of the Brushless motors was ever so slightly damaged. Does not take much to throw out their balance. Apparently the motors are available from DJI as a spare part. I am waiting to hear back details.

I'm experiencing something quite different. The H3-2D gimbal works fine except when making yaw turns. In some cases the gimbal disengages while in flight when making yaw turns, only to re-engage a couple of seconds later; something quite scary when flying FPV. The Zenmuse H3-2D assistant gives me no way to correct this. My only way around this is making really slow yaws, which isn't bad, but takes away the flow of the experience.

I'm experiencing something quite different. The H3-2D gimbal works fine except when making yaw turns. In some cases the gimbal disengages while in flight when making yaw turns, only to re-engage a couple of seconds later; something quite scary when flying FPV. The Zenmuse H3-2D assistant gives me no way to correct this. My only way around this is making really slow yaws, which isn't bad, but takes away the flow of the experience.

This is a deliberate part of the design it is to ensure your gimbal motors don't burn out. if you push or hold against the gimbal motors when on the ground it will quickly release the motors. so if you have a crash or it gets stuck it wont damage or burn them out.