Zenmuse for NEX 5n and NEX 7

Wondering if any has gone through the same as me. I purchase the Zenmuse for the Nex 5n, but now getting ready to order the NEX and decided check out the 7 for the still shots.

I have the Zenmuse for 5n in hand.. but wondering if I can just move stuff around to fit the NEX 7.. and try to balance it as possible. Looks like the bottom shoe is the only differences. I went to a camera store to day to try to fit one and it seems like it would.

Are there any electronics or special things that are identified to the 5n and not the 7 or vice versa?

Would it be okay to just mount the 7 on and balance and go?

any thoughts?

Regards,

KS

FerdinandK

You have to use this:

2012-08-14%2021.05.26.jpg

it is to mount the nex7, and you have to balance.

best regards

Ferdinand

Thanks FerdinandK.. When you say recalibrate, I assume that is rebalance? I did not know you can calibrate the Zen15. I recall somewhere in the forum or RCG, they said that users could not calibrate the Zenmuse.

Can you clarify recalibrating process? I searched the manual and did not see any process there.

Regards,

KS

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Thanks FerdinandK.. When you say recalibrate, I assume that is rebalance? I did not know you can calibrate the Zen15. I recall somewhere in the forum or RCG, they said that users could not calibrate the Zenmuse.

Can you clarify recalibrating process? I searched the manual and did not see any process there.

Regards,

KS

He is talking about rebalancing the gimbal. You will not find anything from DJI as they do not support the practice. There are many videos on YouTube and others on how to balance a Zen. The process is similar for your Z15 for Nex5N.

My buddy and I both have Zens and he has a 5, I have a 7. Other than the little saddle shown, it's just a matter of repositioning. They're the same unit when laid side by side. All the unit detects is balance and weight so if you balance it perfectly when depowered the sensors will take over when powered.