Z15 gimbal tilt limit

Hover Fox

Is it possible to limit the tilt of the Z15 gimbals? Having it look back/inverted is pretty nasty and I'm just looking to limit it to 0° rather than -20° or whatever it goes it. I can do this quite easily on the Tarot gimbal but can't see it as clearly with the Z15.

soler

Is it possible to limit the tilt of the Z15 gimbals? Having it look back/inverted is pretty nasty and I'm just looking to limit it to 0° rather than -20° or whatever it goes it. I can do this quite easily on the Tarot gimbal but can't see it as clearly with the Z15.

It depends which gimbal you have, for the Sony NEX5/7 the Z15 will keep rotating all the way round and there is no way to change it, for the other Z15's some of these are blocking mechanically from continuing to rotate on some axis, roll and maybe tilt. I am not sure if you can adjust this in the settings but probably not.

flappybird

The Sandbox
Just use the reset to tilt down and quickly achieve a perfect 90 degree look down, or use the degrees shown for tilt on your IOSD when manually tilting.

Hover Fox

Just use the reset to tilt down and quickly achieve a perfect 90 degree look down, or use the degrees shown for tilt on your IOSD when manually tilting.

Will give that a try.

Why's it useless? I find it handy sometimes to check the area you're flying over or if edging backwards to an obstacle (like a tree) to see how far away you really are.

It's not for the pilot (why would you use a gimbal for that? totally disorientating) and being able to go beyond 90 degrees basically means you're just filming upside down.