A2 led flashing white with motors unarmed

jay.en

Hi, apologies if you have already seen my post on a different forum..

I just had my MR powered up (inside the house on a flat surface) and was testing the z15 gimbal with a second controller when I suddenly saw the LED flash white around 8 times rapidly. This happened twice on different power cycles and came up after 5 mins..

The motors were unarmed, the main tx was on, and I had 2 downlink tx's running (no vibes from these). The batteries were fully charged.

The white flashing now has me a tad nervous since it seems to be random as I can not recreate it on demand.

Also, I should mention that I was testing the gimbal because the day before, on flight #3 & 4 (out of 4 flights), the gimbal suddenly went into a very fast and out of control spin on the pan axis. The cam op reported sluggish movement just before the gimbal went crazy each time.. But after landing and power cycling the MR, the gimbal booted up fine as if nothing had happened..

I have not crashed or had any near misses with this multi, but I'm a little worried my time might be coming?!

If you could share any info on this (z15 GH3 and A2) or if any of this has happened to you, would you please chime in?

Oh, and I am running V2.1

Thanks in advance..
Jason

Tahoe Ed

Jason,

What version of the Zen for GH3 are you running? Also I would upgrade to v2.3 for the A2. Is there anything unusual in the Zen Assistant?

jay.en

Jason,

What version of the Zen for GH3 are you running? Also I would upgrade to v2.3 for the A2. Is there anything unusual in the Zen Assistant?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was running 1.4 on the zen, have now just upgraded to 1.6.

I tried for a long time today to see if I could get the white flashes to return or the zen to spin, but to no avail. Everything seems fine at the moment. I did however unplug most of the canbus cables and plug them back in.... perhaps there was something loose? It was also very slightly possible the pan axis on the zen was getting caught on some servo cables. But even if they were, I'm not convinced it would cause the gimbal to suddenly go into a fast spin??

As for V2.3, I'm a little reluctant to do the upgrade. As I said, I haven't had any problems in-air with this yet, and was put off a bit by reports of V2.2. I also heard there was a airport radius limitation in-built? I am a licensed operator, and would like the option to fly in controlled airspace if I get clearance in the future.. but perhaps this is misguided and you can convince me otherwise.

Many thanks again for the reply.

Jason

ps. nothing was unusual in the zen assist.

deluge2

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was running 1.4 on the zen, have now just upgraded to 1.6.

<snip>
As for V2.3, I'm a little reluctant to do the upgrade. As I said, I haven't had any problems in-air with this yet, and was put off a bit by reports of V2.2. I also heard there was a airport radius limitation in-built? I am a licensed operator, and would like the option to fly in controlled airspace if I get clearance in the future.. but perhaps this is misguided and you can convince me otherwise.

Many thanks again for the reply.

Jason

ps. nothing was unusual in the zen assist.

FWIW, here's the information regarding v2.3 firmware from DJI's A2 Product Release Notes document (2014-05-30):

"What is new?
Firmware
- Removed airport flight restrictions."

So maybe v2.3 would be OK for you...

Steve</snip>

Old Man

Attachments

• A2 Software Status, 5_31_2014.jpg
    A2 Software Status, 5_31_2014.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 182
  • A2 Connection Error Mssg, Correctly Connected.jpg
    A2 Connection Error Mssg, Correctly Connected.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 188

Tahoe Ed

Old Man,

You get the PMU error when you are not connected to your flight battery. You will always get the need for compass calibration when you do an upgrade. If that is all you got you are ok.

jay.en

FWIW, here's the information regarding v2.3 firmware from DJI's A2 Product Release Notes document (2014-05-30):

"What is new?
Firmware
- Removed airport flight restrictions."

So maybe v2.3 would be OK for you...

Steve

Thanks Steve. Airport limitations will certainly be interesting in the near future, but good to know its gone for now.
Have you upgraded to 2.3? all good?
I haven't seen too much info on it from users, but maybe that's because everyone is out flying very safe and predictable A2 multis!

Jason

Old Man

Old Man,

You get the PMU error when you are not connected to your flight battery. You will always get the need for compass calibration when you do an upgrade. If that is all you got you are ok.

How I wish that's all there was for problems...;)