Yaw on a xaircraft with Naza

Hello sirs

Im having quite a annoying problem with my quad. It is very stable in the air, and flying in no wind it keeps really level. But it always wants to yaw to the left. It's a slowly smooth yaw. And I can easily correct it back on track with right rudder input. But after some time it starts again yawning left.

Have tried diff gains on yaw. From 80 to 160
It's now at 120

My setup is as follows

Xaircraft x650 v4
Sunnysky xseries 2212 850 kv with graupner 11x5
3s 5000 mah
Spectrum dx8 with ar8000
Naza (no gps yet)

Does anybody have an idea or seen this before.

Best regards
Christian
Denmark

Bowley

Just one possibility among many.....Important that all your motors are plumb ie straight up and down and props perfectly level. otherwise unwanted yaw happens.
You can get rotational play, albeit a very small amount on the booms.

i had this exact problem with my rig. check the monitor screen in the dx8 i have channels not returning to zero=bad potentiometer? mine is fixed now and is shipping back as we speak.

Jesper

I had all kinds of problems with my X650V4 with the Naza, also the one you describe, it all landet on the motors not being level with eachother!
The holes in the X650 arms has some play, it ain't enough to just put in the screws and tighten them down.
I took off the landing gear put it straight on a level table, and used a mini level to make them all point exactly straight up!
All my yaw drifting problems, shaking, drifting and wobble problems went away.

Tell me, do your quad come to a quicker stop one way than the other when input yaw?
My came to a quick stop with right yaw, but kept turning some to the left after I centered the stick!

Bare si i fra hvis det er noe mer du trenger hjelp til, begynner å bli ganske god på å feilsøke denne quad'n nå etter mange problemer i starten!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for you're input. I appreciate it a lot.
I did a check on the controls of the dx8 last night, and it seems that it centers it self as it should.

Regarding the motors, I couldn't measure it right. My spiritlevel is to big to use. So have to rethink a new plan to check levels on my motors. But ure right Bowley, if I loosen the screw on the arm I can twist it a bit from side to side.
I will look at it later this week.

Jesper, thank you for the help. Mange tak, godt at ha en der ved lidt om denne type quad. :)
I did not notice any difference in yaw from the left to the right side. But now that you mentioned it, I'll check it when I fly it next time.

Thanks again guys.

Bowley

I find one quick way to make sure the motors and props are level is to turn the thing upside down resting on the prop nuts, you can then gauge better whether the props are level in relation to the flat surface it is sitting on