Y6 Naza yaw problem.

Hello

I have a larger y6 with the following equipment.

Jakub hexa frame converted to Y6.
Tiger 2814-11s motors.
FA-30 flashed esc.
Graupner 11x5 props top/bottom
Naza FC

My problem is if I yaw slowly everything is fine. but if I give a deliberate yaw command after releasing the stick I get as I can only describe as a jump or burst where the Y6 will kind of lunge up. The yaw stays locked in it only does this after a yaw command. What is wierd is I have a smaller Y6 and its the best flying smoothest multirotor I have ever flown and after building it and flying it I just had to convert my flat 6 to Y6. I can pirouette the small one all day long with no weird symptoms but the bigger Y6 on its maiden has me concerned. Now other then the yaw issue it is very stable no wobbles or anything just the sudden burst of power after a yaw command. Could this be a gain issue? My yaw gain is at 120%.
View attachment 5453

Attachments

• 20120729_133720.jpg
    20120729_133720.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:

modcube

This thread is a bit old but anyway...

Y have a big Y6 (2.7kg) and 60cm from center to motor and I have the same problem.

I have another problem: the throttle is very sensitive, it's difficult to find the specific position to maintain altitude and when I find it if I move it 1% the Y6 starts moving vertically.

thesteinar

DJI Naza Y6 yaw makes power burst

Hello

Tiger 2814-11s motors.
FA-30 flashed esc.
Naza FC

My problem is if I yaw slowly everything is fine. but if I give a deliberate yaw command after releasing the stick I get as I can only describe as a jump or burst where the Y6 will kind of lunge up. The yaw stays locked in it only does this after a yaw command. What is wierd is I have a smaller Y6 and its the best flying smoothest multirotor I have ever flown and after building it and flying it I just had to convert my flat 6 to Y6. I can pirouette the small one all day long with no weird symptoms but the bigger Y6 on its maiden has me concerned. Now other then the yaw issue it is very stable no wobbles or anything just the sudden burst of power after a yaw command. Could this be a gain issue? My yaw gain is at 120%.
View attachment 7264

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my newly built Y6. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Hello

Tiger 2814-11s motors.
FA-30 flashed esc.
Naza FC

View attachment 7264

1. What flying mode are you in when this happens?
2. Can you describe better what it is doing exactly?
3. Anything after the YAW command or any command is controlled by the ATTITUDE adjustments. The higher they are the more they will SNAP BACK into place, they describe this in the manual.
4. What are you NAZA settings at currently? (try mine 175,175,165,125 att 165/165)
5. Do you hover in manual mode at 50%? I have the same setup as you and I use 12x6 props and hover at 48% throttle with 2 x 4,000mah lipos for 12-15 minutes.

Answer those and we'll get'er done :)

Last edited by a moderator: