XAircraft Xaircraft?

lightandair

Ordered a controller and osd from Xaircraft America on November 2nd. Finally got in touch with them after many phone calls and emails. Was informed they haven't been able to contact XAircraft corporate in weeks and have no idea when or if my order could be sent. They also questioned if Xaircraft is even still in business. Hate that my first post after joining this forum is of this nature, but has anyone heard anything about what's going on? It's my hope they are simply super busy, but I

kloner

Aerial DP
I think drew is being left behind or is leaving them behind, cncheli has there stuff. you might see about getting a refund

jfro

Aerial Fun
You ordered from the wrong dealer. XAircraft is indeed still in business.

Jeff

Lightandair. Welcome to the forum and a place to get many answers to your MR questions.

I for one have no idea if they are still in business although as a owner of a SuperX and also have the MiniX on preorder, I'd hope they are in business. They are not the most responsive of manufactures.

Not sure why Zirt57 said you ordered from the wrong dealer, Xaircraft of America was/is a dealer and has been a big help to many on this forum. I'm not sure how active he's been in the last months, but I don't think I've heard anything definitive that he isn't a xAircraft dealer. Hopefully Zirt57 will shed some light on why he said you ordered from the wrong dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ordered a controller and osd from Xaircraft America on November 2nd. Finally got in touch with them after many phone calls and emails. Was informed they haven't been able to contact XAircraft corporate in weeks and have no idea when or if my order could be sent. They also questioned if Xaircraft is even still in business. Hate that my first post after joining this forum is of this nature, but has anyone heard anything about what's going on? It's my hope they are simply super busy, but I

It is fair to surmise that Xaircraft America has a souring relationship with Xaircraft ever since they decided to sell other 3rd party RC under the Xaircraft banner. It needs to be remembered that Xaircraft America is only a distributor and not the manufacturer. and Drew has been very conspicuous by his absence on all the forums.

Xaircraft is very much in business and rolling out new product such as MiniX

There are others in the USA selling Xaircraft products and if you email international@xaircraft.com you will have a direct line to the manufacturer, please allow time for replies due to differing time zones around the world

Good luck with it but Yes! a refund process may be your best course of action.

X

The last 2 e-mails to XA America went unanswered, have heard nothing since (~2 months ago...). I've written them off personally, which is sad having bought two machines from them.

Anthony at XA International in Australia is the guy to go to if you don't have any luck with XA America over the phone/internet. He has been great from my experience.

Naterpin

If you ordered your minix via paypal open a claim. With xaircraft america before your 45 days i up. XA America is a dealer with lying staff. They were trying to throw XA under the bus.

lightandair

Thanks for the info guys and for the nice welcome! Will drop corporate an email and see if I can get what I need from another vendor. Awesome community and a wealth of information. It's appraciated.

Av8Chuck

I recently purchased an upgrade from Basic to a Standard from XAircraft America and it took far longer than it should have to get the code from XAircraft. Finally XAircraft Australia sorted it out for me and helped me get it going.

I don't know what's happening between XAircraft America and XAircraft but there has been no announcement that they are no longer resellers, XAircraft has been as absent from the forums as Drew has been lately. If there's a problem they need to fix it, or sever their relationship and let people know what the hell is going on.

But I do not differentiate between the manufacturer and the reseller. If I can't get good service then as far as I'm concerned XAircraft is out of business. I've spoken to a couple of other resellers here in the US and they don't seem to know what's going on or are particularly happy with XAircraft either.

I'm sure if they keep their head up their a$$ long enough they'll eventually run into DJI.

Pumpkinguy

I would have never started a thread like this. Always worried maybe the guy is sick or had a death in the family or something. I would hate to tarnish his name because of something like that but since there is a thread going, I will contribute.
my 3 emails and 2 phone calls have been left unanswered. Ordered on November 29th and nothing.

Pumpkinguy

I just got a guy on the phone. Didn't get his name but he said he works for thew owner. He says the owner owes him 6 weeks pay and will not take his calls. He said he was just answering the phone to tell people what a $@#% up the owner is. He says as far as he knows, xaircraft america is out of business. I'm filing a claim with my credit card company.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
just posted a Do Not Buy alert for XAircraftAmerica.....problems have been ongoing for months but it appears it's reached a head. If the XAircraftAmerica.com website is still taking orders I'd suggest a lot of due diligence before attempting to order anything.

Just spoke to Ken, Drew Wagner's (former??) employee and he's as much in the dark as anyone so this isn't a minor problem. It may be personal with Drew in which case I'll hope for a speedy resolution because he's a good guy, but it may be professional and he's just too far into the weeds to recover.

XAircraftAmerica was an advertiser here so I've got a few lines of communication to try. I'll post if I hear anything.
bart

Pumpkinguy

Bart. I respect your opinion of Drew. You know him. I do not. I will say, taking orders with no intention to ship does not say much for him. It only takes a click of a mouse to shut your site down.

Ken deserves mad props (pardon the pun) for working, and trying, hard to support customers. He was very helpful and made an effort for me in the limited correspondence we had.

Hopefully XA can resolve their issues in N. America and carry-on because they really make nice stuff.

Pumpkinguy

Is Ken from Australia?

XAA is still listed as a dealer on their site. If they saw this thing going sideways or had complaints from customers about lack of service or not getting product, they share in the responsibility of this. They should have gotten out ahead of it so guys like me didn't get screwed. They could have put a note on their website or removed XAA as a dealer.

I will need to order from another source but I will wait because I don't know who the heck to order from.

No, Ken is in The States and was (tentatively is??) one of Drew's employees.

You can still get XA stuff from a number of places that offer great service and like I said, Ant in Australia is very helpful, knowledgable and will help at all if he can. The XA International's sight is awesome and I've even had e-mail response from a distributor /dealer of XA on The Gold Coast respond to inquiries about parts, etc.

A company like XA only has so much control over it's international distributors, nothing keeps them from going dark at any given time.

These things happen and too shall pass...

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Actually manufactures have all the control of their reseller channel, they can cut off any distributer at a moments notice or they can add additional margin for dealers that do a good job.

Often times people with all the best intentions become distributors, in the first year everything is great, lots of sales, support is manageable with great cashflow. The second year is a lot more challenging, you still have to support the first year customer and if the manufacturer doesn't add any improvements to existing product that the reseller can up sell then that reseller is supporting those first year customers in the second year for free, you have the added support pressure of new second year customers and most "new" resellers don't budget for returns and extra shipping etc.. So cashflow in the second year can become painfully tight. If manufacturers don't continue to upgrade their product line then it becomes very difficult for resellers to forecast any future revenue.

Yes things happen but they happen a lot in this "industry" in part because I don't think the manufactures really understand how to manage a large reseller channel, they pretty much signup anyone with a heartbeat. That's not to say that some of them don't go on to become great resellers but they are few and far between.